is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 08:21 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is it just me?

..or do we all think there are one too many "stickys"?! I kind of like repeating some answers for n00bs..I don't know why though but if we have stickys for common questions, then the 1st gen traffic would be slow (it is already slow as it is compared to other gens ). So far I haven't seen any member here tell any newbs, "go read the FAQ aka stickys you damn noob!"
Old 10-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our cars... the Veterans of TL's...

Originally Posted by TLBaller
..or do we all think there are one too many "stickys"?! I kind of like repeating some answers for n00bs..I don't know why though but if we have stickys for common questions, then the 1st gen traffic would be slow (it is already slow as it is compared to other gens ). So far I haven't seen any member here tell any newbs, "go read the FAQ aka stickys you damn noob!"
About the title... the veterans are actually the Legend and the Vigor in my eyes... thats where it all started... maybe started before them...

that we do not have as much traffic in here as we use to with the n00bs... but really this is a 1st Generation Forum compared to the 2nd Generation forum and the 3rd Generation forum we are just a few... the proud... the... ... oh hell that sucks... you can say we are the ones that are left out all the time... we are the ones in the back of the line... we are the last ones that get any attention... i've seen/snooped around the other generations and seen that above there are always comments from the admins and new things to sign up for... but not in the 1st gen... why... also we don't get as much attention as the other gens because i guess we are old school... the past they want to forget ... they are all talking about navi... and type S and VTEC... etc... and we are like... is there any other upgrade besides are clear corners??? lol... I don't know really...

But to answer the question you asked about stickies... i'll answer with a question... But aren't stickies to get the n00bs from repeating the same questions over and over again??? Example... How do I take my stock stereo out??? or Hey Everyone whats your mileage??? and the one that gets asked no matter if there is a sticky... My Fan keeps coming on, even after i turned my car off, what can i do??? lol... I know i sound like a total dick saying it and i understand i was/am still a n00b... but its reality...

About the traffic... there are still things that i'm working on (Sundays only) my day off that i'm considering putting up as a sticky... My gauges are working now and i'm going to take them apart again so that everyone can actually get them on with ease... it is a difficult task and i give it five stars in difficulty out of five stars... I also got a suspension thing to do... and also the hyper ground kit/system... I think Mike is the one that got it on his and he can probably do a DIY thing... About this reply... See my signature...
Old 10-29-2004, 10:22 AM
All about JDM

We do have alot of stickies, but i dont see it as an issue. That way we can keep topics new and relevant. Sure we will get less traffic, but in turn more interesting shit. Id rather have that than more traffic of the same ol shit over and over again. I too like telling people whats up and helping out the n00bs, but on the most common questions, its better that they have a quick reference.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I just figured it would make things easier and prevent "How do I... ?" questions over and over again. 3rd and 2nd generation forums are filled with the same damn questions every week.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:16 AM
On the way!

I agree with TBaller. Mods - can we sticky this thread?

hehehe
Old 10-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

I forgot to put... WE NEED MORE STICKIES!!!

The more stickies we have the better organized our side of the forum will look i think... but with TLBaller that repeating the same answers to the n00bs is kinda cool... so we should hold back on some of the "how to's" and "where do i's" ... So far everything is cool... but i agree that we havn't had much traffic to this side of the forum... Another reason I came up with while on my way to work was... We don't get much traffic because everything for our cars has been asked to the bolt... so mostly anything we post including question on... how can I remove my seats would most likely be a ...

I have a question... hopefully new and won't be a repost... i'll post it in the main forum of the 1st Gen... i've had this problem since i had the car...