Just Got A 95 Tl

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WolfpackBill
Ok...how does the tranny shift? Is it like normal or does it shift weird? Is your D4 light blinking or is it off? I have a few options but my serive manual doesn't have P0700 listed.
My car shifts o.k. I doesnt clank or knock, but it does shift a little jerky at times. And the D4 LIGHT IS OFF OR BURNED OUT.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Advanced

Ok...how does the tranny shift? Is it like normal or does it shift weird? Is your D4 light blinking or is it off? I have a few options but my serive manual doesn't have P0700 listed.
IT shifts o.k. But i do notice it is a little jerky when it shifts. The d4 light does not come on.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:55 PM
TL no more!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO, it sounds like your tranny is shifting fine. Make sure that you count the number of shifts. There should be 3 clicks (or jerks) as you speed up. Before doing anything, read the thread above regarding the D4 light. You can swap it with "1" indicator and make sure that the light is on. Let me know when you've done that.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Advanced

D4 light.

IMO, it sounds like your tranny is shifting fine. Make sure that you count the number of shifts. There should be 3 clicks (or jerks) as you speed up. Before doing anything, read the thread above regarding the D4 light. You can swap it with "1" indicator and make sure that the light is on. Let me know when you've done that.
O.K. Im going to read the thread on how to change the D4 light. Hopefully it will be sunny tommorow here in southern cali. Two quick ones" Is there a lightbulb i can buy from Pep Boys to replace the D4? aLSO, when i do change the D4 light, is there a chance that my check engine light will go off?
Old 05-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by nick96acuratl
umm veo when the TCS is off u get more power from the engine to the wheels and the rmp drops. when TCS is when u waste more gas and loose some power.. dont touch the fuse thats not the problem but do put the abs fuse in and check if the TCS light goes away... then take it out again thats what i meant...
TCS doesnt rob power in normal conditions. It will ONLY do so when you've lost traction. Shutting it off will not improve performance.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:21 AM
TL no more!

You don't need to buy the light. First thing to do is to shift the shifter down the 1 and make sure that light works. If it does, you can use that light and swap it with the D4 light. Or you can spend about $5 and get one from the dealer. The price isn't bad at all.

Taking the instrument panel cluster out will not set off the CEL. Make sure you have your ignition keys away from the ignition so you won't cause any accidental shorts with the electrical system.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:23 AM
TL no more!

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
TCS doesnt rob power in normal conditions. It will ONLY do so when you've lost traction. Shutting it off will not improve performance.

TCS does not do anything except when needed, ie. front wheels spinning. That means that it won't decrease performance or robs gas mileage.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:21 PM
Advanced

Got the codes

I was ble to change the D4 light. When i was prying off the panel, it broke away from the a/c vents.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Advanced

Got the codes

I was ble to change the D4 light. When i was prying off the panel, it broke away from the a/c vents. No big deal.
The cel light is still on. Here are the codes:
PO700 Transmission control system malfunction
PO740 TCC circuit malfunction
Old 05-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Advanced

Codes

Codes came up:
P0700
PO740
Old 05-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
And the reason you are getting a TCS light with the ABS fuse out is probably because the TCS usues the ABS sensors to determine IF you have lost traction. The two are closely linked, therefore disabling one could affect the other.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Advanced

Help?

Can anyone help me? My codes came up:
Is there a cheap fix for these? I dont really want to spend thousands of dollars. And BTW, my car is running smooth.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:27 PM
Advanced

codes

Originally Posted by GBINKSTER
Can anyone help me? My codes came up:
Is there a cheap fix for these? I dont really want to spend thousands of dollars. And BTW, my car is running smooth.
anyone?
Old 06-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by veo
thanks nick. i'll try to remove the 15amp fuse.

c'mon guys - don't be pulling your ABS fuses!

I've been in numerous unpredictable situations where ABS saved my life.

Put the fuses back in, guys - a little noise every once in a while is worth having reliable brakes. If anything else, find out what is CAUSING the noise.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Suzuka Master

ACURAZINE does not take responsibility, that includes personal or indirect injury, destruction of property or even death, as a result of members' suggestions or solicitations to make modifications to your vehicle.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, with that said, I would get second opinions from someone else posting here before removing a crucial fuse like ABS.

*Even if it costs a few hundred bucks to fix ABS, what does risking injury cost??

*And don't tell me that in the event of an accident caused by faulty brakes, if an insurance adjuster finds out that your ABS wasn't working and you purposely took it out that the adjuster would have any leniency towards the remover.