Its Gone

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 01:18 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its Gone

Well, got a call today about my car and USAA said its totaled. I find out tomorrow how much theyre going to give me, but I was wondering if anyone else has any idea how much I might see. The car was a 96 3.2 Premium package of course and the interior was near mint. Not a tear in the leather nor a stain on the carpet. The exterior had some clear coat problems but it was very small. Other than that it was beautiful. So...any ideas? Anyone else had this happen? Thanks
Old 04-10-2008, 01:27 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
look in KBB and NADA guides for price- look at the low number and go down from there!
If you had custom parts-shocks wheels- recent repairs like big $$ service etc- you can claim those as additional value
Be prepared to argue for more value than they offer
They dont care about looks at that age- just market value of 4-5 grand- maybe- total guess on my part there
Old 04-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
^^^ this is some great info...

sorry for your loss... too bad you couldn't grab a few things...
Old 04-10-2008, 08:25 AM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
where are you located?

ask your insurance how much to buy back the car. Id buy the entire interior off you if its in that good of shape.

im in ohio. if you are in like california or something dont worry about it.

its normally like 7% of the total check they give you for the car to buy it back. Id say like for a few hundred bucks you could have the whole thing back and sell all the parts off it for 4x more money. even scrap that fucker when you are done and still make all the money back.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:57 AM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Man, USAA still owes me money from their insured who rear-ended me while parking a couple weeks ago. Half an hour after I called them up, they admitted full liability but after that, no money has shown up yet. I'm sorry to hear about your car, but definitely see if you can buy it back.

~Cheers~
Old 04-10-2008, 03:55 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Colt, I am in California. I got a call this morning and they told me theyd give me $3300 for the car. I tried to dispute and they tried to justify by telling me that they had compared my car against 6 other TL's of the same year. Apparently the fact that my car was flawless meant nothing. $3300 isnt even enough to pay off the the rest of the loan. Im going to inquire about getting the car back because there was only front end damage and all the interior is mint. Il get back to you guys as soon as I can and thanks to every who posted.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:53 AM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
-Buy it back for 250.
-Buy the radiator support, bumper cover, fenders, and jdm headlights off ebay.
-Buy the hood locally replacement parts or car-part.com it,
-Take it to a bodyshop(which ill explain later).
-Have reciepts when its all done and ready to be checked(dont buy anything without reciepts or documentation. If its stolen or unaccounted for, they will seize your car until you can prove its a legit part thats not ganked.).
-Call the state highway patrol and schedule a salvage vehicle inspection.
-Get the inspection done, go to the title office, get a rebuilt salvage title, then off to the bmv for plates.
--blam, your car back and running!

EASILY with the 3300 they give you. Comeon! you honestly think the damage would cost 3300 to fix!? Take it to a bodyshop and get an estimate (have all your parts already, so the only thing you need them to do is hang prep them, paint them then hang them. while they paint the fenders and hood and bumper, another guy is cutting the radiator support off and welding the new one on.). Id bet theyd charge you 1500 to paint and do the whole shit. You may even have enough money left to buy a set of wheels or different front bumper or suspension or whatever else you want. If the airbags went off, buy a jdm civic type r srs steering wheel for 400 on ebay, and a jdm coin tray or some shit instead of a passanger side airbag.

try to make the best of it.. pay them the 250-300 for the car, and you have the same as you have right now, plus 3300 or whatever they are giving you. Thats more than enough to fix the car. i can tell you and i havent even seen it. It cant be that bad. Take the fenders off, the bumper off, the hood off tonight in your garage and look at the car. Id bet you besieds the outer body panels the shit looks fine. May not even need a core support. Just think about it if you dont buy it back, then its a total loss like you are thinking it is. You have 3300 and no car. it would be insane not to buy the car back, IN ANY SITUATION. even if you can call the towing company and have them tow it to the scrap yard youd still make 300 bucks at least.