Immediate Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003 | 08:05 AM
9th Gear

Thumbs up Immediate Thanks

To All,

My name is Jim and I have a 96 2.5. This past Sunday/Monday the damn thing wouldn't start after sitting since I got home Friday. The weather wasn't terribly cold i.e. mid 50s to mid 60s. I tried to fire it up Sunday, read the manual, and then tried to jump it eventhough I changed the battery last fall. After several attempts and following the manual instructions I started smelling fuel Sunday @ 8 p.m. I let it sit until Monday morning and again it wouldn't start.

Went to work, enrolled here, extensively checked and rechecked the threads since the beginning and had several options before I would have to tow it to Acura.

Needless to say, when I got home Monday, it turned over. Got some white smoke, let it run for about 10 minutes, shut it off, fired it back up, let it run about 2 minutes and shut it down again.

3 hrs later I fired it up and went to my buddy's (he's got an MDX, beautiful ride). About 11 pm fired it up again. Tuesday morning started it and went to work. Been fine ever since. Life is good.

For everyone that posts here, thanks for the info. I was on pins and needles (wanted to spend my tax money on an MTV crib not car repairs!). Now I just gotta research the intermittent water in my trunk.

Please post if there will be any VA meets. I would like to meet some other owners if possible. Apologize for the extended post. Needed to say thanks appropriately.
Old 03-20-2003 | 03:04 PM
Banned

TL

Well thats good news man. Glad to hear its working again!
Old 03-20-2003 | 03:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

the water in the trunk is probably from the brake housing or else the rubber lining along the trunk. check those. if it was the brake housing, just get some silicone and make sure the seals are tight