I knew it....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 03:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew it....

like i've been saying before, this summer has been really really bad for my car. driving home today, around 1 in the morning. or actually less than ten minutes ago. a deer decided to run towards my freaken lights. they have got to be the stupidest animals out there. so here's the scenario. i'm driving back home to my condo in the hills, being careful and stuff anticipating deers around every corner. less than thirty seconds from home i suddenly see this brown object coming towards me from my left. It was too late before i realized it was a deer. the deer had hit the front left tire area and flipped onto the hood. i saw it's body hit the windshield (luckily it held) with it's legs flailing. next thing i know, it falls of to the left and slids a little ways and regains it's footing as if nothing had happened. being freaked out of my mind i quickly drove home and pulled into the garage. i got out of the car to inspect the damage. the front left panel near the wheel well was dented, about two huge dents, but can be poped out. the hood seemed ok, i checked to see if the seal abovle the grille was still straight and it looked alright. the bumper is sitting about an inch lower on the left hand side. i'm just really really glad that the windshield held and the deer didn't come flying into the cabin at me. gosh everything happened so suddenly. it was like a couple seconds. ok just felt like sharing that traumatic moment with you guys. will be taking my car into the shop tomorrow, hopefully to see how much it would take to fix the huge dents and the bumper. i'm guessing a couple hundred. man this sucks. i hope this is the end of the "bad luck" that my car's been having. all prayers go out to my car and the deer that ran into my car.
Old 07-16-2001, 07:07 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude sorry to hear about your little incident. You must be really down in the dumps. But at least your ok and that is the major part of it. Look at it this way the TL held up and saved your life, its one tough car. At least you air bags didnt go off cause that would be one more major expense on your hands.
Well good luck on bringing the TL up to par once again and at least your ok.

Later
Old 07-16-2001, 12:36 PM
Instructor

WOW That's crazy!! Good thing your car's not too bad, and good thing there was no blood. I had a similar incident with my 91 chevy lumina. (about 1 year ago) I was driving on a back road that was not lighted very well. All of a sudden a deer starts running out from the left. I'm like, damn, I'm gonna hit him. So I start to sway as far right as possible as to try and avoid him...I'm still lookin at him all the way till he crashes into my door...and I swear till the day I die that I made eye contact with this MoFo!! and then.....BOOM!!! I look in my rearview and he prances off as if it was nothin. I know what your sayin about it happening so fast. I just can't believe he had the nerve to headbutt my door. Good thing we both survived. Those deer are INSANE!!
Old 07-16-2001, 02:18 PM
Pro

Sorry to hear that bud. Least, everything is okay. You have the shop fix the problem for you, you'll be driving your baby in no time - HAVE A GREAT SUMMER
Old 07-16-2001, 06:57 PM
Pro

dude your lucky as hell. i hit a deer in my old truck(89 full size blazer) the deer was a monster it practically totaled my truck. the wole front end was wrecked the winsheild was shattered. it cost like 4 grand to fix that thing. i made it threw the accident alright be he didnt. he was some good eatin
Old 07-16-2001, 08:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

yeah i know it could've been a lot worse. scenes from "long kiss goodnight" kept playing in my head. i'm just really glad that i didn't hit it head on. that would've sucked big time. went to the body shop and they quoted me $800 just for the front left panel. damn i was hoping it'd cost a couple hundred. this sucks. i don't have the money right now to fix it so it'll have to look all messed up for now.
Old 07-19-2001, 07:29 PM
Pro

sell your furniture man you cant drive a dented acura thats just not right