I am new to Acura-TL.com, Owner of a 1996 Acura 2.5TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2001, 06:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am new to Acura-TL.com, Owner of a 1996 Acura 2.5TL

Hey Everyone! I am new to this site but I hope to get involved quickly, there is a bunch of stuff I would love to do to my car so I just hope I can get pointed in the right directions. I already of most of my stereo done... I work at Cyclone Stereo (www.cyclonestereo.com) in Ames, Iowa but now I wanna do some other mods to my TL. Im 17 years old and this is the first car I have owned.

I am just looking to do some stuff to the outside, maybe somebody can help me out with a few of my questions...

First off, I want to get new Rims and I want to Lower my car. I found on www.ImpactParts.com they had Sprint Springs for $116.99 to lower it 1.5"F and 1.5"R.. if I use my factory shocks and put these on is it going to kill my ride completely? Also, Does anyone know of better springs to put on and where I Can get them?

The rims I am thinking about getting are 18"x7.5" KMC Gnomes, do you think these will look pretty good, or do you guys prefer not chrome rims on your cars?

I noticed someone posted somthing about a front and rear spoiler for the 1st Gen. Acura TLs and I was wondering if anyone got emailed back about that, I would really be interested doing both the front and rear spoiler depending on the price, infact its the only rear spoiler I would probably put on my car.

Well, This is getting long enough and I will probably be posting more things when the time comes, I just wanted to say HEY and tell everyone there is a new guy who loves his car as much as you guys do! I will try to post some pics of mine asap. Thanks and Talk to ya guys later!

Brandon
Old 07-07-2001, 03:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

sup man, welcome to the board. sorry it took us so long to say "hi" and stuff. ok let's see. you want sprint springs? i dont' know about them. never really even heard of them. most of the guys on this board have Eibach lowering springs or coilovers. as for the shocks. the Eibach Pro Kits were desgined to work with the stock shocks so that you wouldn't have to replace the parts. but if you use the Sportsline then you might consider getting aftermarket shocks.

as for the front and rear spoilers, Tim can get them, but he's trying to figure out a price right now. I think i'm going to get both the front and rear. i just hope that the rear doesn't come down too far that it interfers with my exhaust. that would suck. as for the front spoiler, i think it's a must. especially with a lowered car, it'd look hella tight.

again, welcome to the board.
Old 07-07-2001, 10:21 PM
Pro

Hey... welcome to TL dot com....
Old 07-07-2001, 10:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Hey welcome to the site.

I have Eibachs and would recommend them unless you want to go the coilover route. Here is a link to the springs.

http://www.autocarparts.com/search/r...model=1&trim=8

As for rims, make sure you get a high enough offset so you will not rub once you lower your car. I think +48 and high will do you good. Some guys have gone a little lower and no rubbing but I would try to stay around there.
Old 07-09-2001, 06:01 PM
Instructor

Smile

hello.. welcome to the board.. I currently have sprint springs on my 96 2.5 They seem to be working fine.. havent had any problems with them. I didnt go w/ Eibach because of the drop difference from rear and front. but after getting these sprint springs, I heard that Eibach from the guys here that they eventually evened out the drop.

That probably didnt help you any.. but thought id tell ya...

Welcome again...
Old 07-10-2001, 09:17 AM
Burning Brakes

welcome to the board!!!
sounds like you got a kickass stereo... gotta love Kicker!!

yeah, as bklyngyrl said, the eibach springs eventually even out
especially since you do have the subs and amps to weigh down the back of your car... so i dont' think the difference in the front and rear drop of the eibach is that much of a big deal

eibach's are really good...
Old 07-10-2001, 09:29 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey there welcome to the board!!!!