How many door dings and scratches do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 08:58 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many door dings and scratches do you have?

It seems like everyday I find a new door ding. Stupid neighbors have no respect. I live in an apartment complex so I park next to the same people everyday and I know it has be one or most of them that do it. I parallel park at work all the time. There must be more than 10, the majority of the dings are on my passenger rear door and it's really noticeable, you can see it from 20 ft away. Then there's several dings by the passenger door handle, and a ding on my new driver door.

This morning I go to my car to see that it has been tomatoed It has to have been done in the middle of the night or early morning because I didn't see anything like that when I walked my dog near midnight. And it has to be someone in my complex. The tomato came from one of the 2/3 balconies that faces where I park. I narrowed it down to two, because the angle of the hit doesn't look like it came from the 3rd floor.

What should I do? I know they have done this before, a couple of weeks ago, there was some grease like crap on my driver side window, couldn't tell what it was. Then there are times I find watermelon rind by my car and eggs (but it might be from the nest in the trees), and more tomatoes.

I have no enemies here, I don't even talk to my neighbors.

Should I report it to management or retaliate?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have all my dings only on my passenger side with a total of about 5-6 dents, side molding came off, and not to mention the phuqqed up door handles that are protruding outwards. my car is a POS!
Old 06-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
A few dings and some paint cracks on the front bumper when a driver in front of me didnt know how to drive a manual on a hill. Rolled back into me. Fortunately the bumper and grill are fine.

Overall, it can be fixed quite easily and I'll be getting some work done on it this coming month.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:28 PM
Intermediate

My car has a whole shitload of dings, one autum I had to park the car under a tree and the acorns wreaked havok all over the hood, roof and trunk. I want to get ding king to take out the larger ones. Mabey take it to go for paintless dent removal but that sounds expensive.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am i the only one???

Well I have to say that my TL is my baby and I take the best care of her that I can. To this day, almost a year after purchase, I have no door dings or scratches. I had two very minor scratches from a couple of my female friends' wedding rings, but those came out with a little bit of wax.

Let me tell you the secret...........PARK AS FAR AWAY FROM CIVILIZATION AS POSSIBLE!!! You know my TL when you see it parked, because it is parked in the farthest spot from any building and is typically crooked so nobody parks next to me.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:40 PM
Happy 08 TL-S Owner

I have a few...

Big ding in driver's door (that hurt). Then today my 9 year old son left the wheelbarrow behind my car and I ran it over. Yep, it scratched the crap out of the bumper and the back quarter panel. Not having a very good day! Don't ask me how I didn't see it except for that it was right behind the car.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:48 PM
rebmeM deretsigeR

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
One on the rear passenger side panel, relatively large. One of the front driver side panel, medium but on a body line. Chips all over my hood and front panels. "I can't park" scratches on all four corners of my car and on the back of my bumper, of which none were casued by me.

Got the car like that, and the only stuff caused in my care was scratches from other cars apparently trying to park in the spaces around my car at school. Also got some body damage where the door and wheel well connect on my rear passenger door, which was there when i bought the car.

Previous owner DID NOT CARE about the car at all, but that's another story.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
i have no major door dings that can be seen straight up, but if at certain angles you can see little waves in the body due to light taps... a few scratches here and there but i always touch them up...

i really try to park as far away from everyone because i know that Honda paint is relatively thin...
Old 06-29-2006, 11:32 PM
Instructor

Paint Touch Up

Anybody care to share their paint touch up methedologies/philosophies. I have two chips that need to be take care of.....
Old 06-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

I have too many dents dings, scratches. Its horrible. I notice every single one because the car is dark green
Old 06-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
Well I have to say that my TL is my baby and I take the best care of her that I can. To this day, almost a year after purchase, I have no door dings or scratches. I had two very minor scratches from a couple of my female friends' wedding rings, but those came out with a little bit of wax.

Let me tell you the secret...........PARK AS FAR AWAY FROM CIVILIZATION AS POSSIBLE!!! You know my TL when you see it parked, because it is parked in the farthest spot from any building and is typically crooked so nobody parks next to me.

Well considering that our cars are around 10 years old, we're excused a few dings

My '05 TL is spotless.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:46 AM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Oh yeah, I try to park as far away as possible, but some jackass always park next to me. There has been countless times I see people tap their front bumpers on the car in front of them, kinda like a guide that tells them to stop, in store parking lots. And them dumbasses still leave their car touching the other car when they go in to the store. I would go ape shit if I see someone's car touching mines. That's why I never park near the middle line. I give it at least 3 ft, and even then, the other car still crosses the line.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by vanz
Oh yeah, I try to park as far away as possible, but some jackass always park next to me. There has been countless times I see people tap their front bumpers on the car in front of them, kinda like a guide that tells them to stop, in store parking lots. And them dumbasses still leave their car touching the other car when they go in to the store. I would go ape shit if I see someone's car touching mines. That's why I never park near the middle line. I give it at least 3 ft, and even then, the other car still crosses the line.
SOmeone left their car touching my cousin's car. So on that day, the car key met that person's paint all around the car
Old 06-30-2006, 01:55 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by desired_speeds
SOmeone left their car touching my cousin's car. So on that day, the car key met that person's paint all around the car
I have like 3 sheets of these in the back slot of my passenger seat. Go ahead and print it out for future reference. I have only used it twice since I printed it out.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Originally Posted by arshdeep99
Anybody care to share their paint touch up methedologies/philosophies. I have two chips that need to be take care of.....
depends how deep your chip is and whether or not there is still primer or just surface chip... but what i usually use to apply touch up paint is a matchstick or even a toothpick... what you want to do it is touch the paint with a matchstick and let it coat and then place the tip of the head at the center of the chip... the paint will want to run and fill into the chip through gravity... take your time and do it a little at a time... letting it dry between layers...

after you get the paint in there... you will notice that it is sort of like a glob on there... if you have a PC, i usually polish and buff that area that i have just fixed... otherwise you can buy mothers chip repair... and it will smooth out the paint to its surrounding area... here is a link...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013
Old 06-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL

Well considering that our cars are around 10 years old, we're excused a few dings

My '05 TL is spotless.

Oh don't get me wrong....i have an older "winter beater" that has plenty of scratches and dings and whatever else 6 years worth of road and parking lot abuse it took. My TL though.....still just a baby.....i had it parked all winter long, so that helped out a lot.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:47 PM
-glock security-

i have no dents at all

even though someone plowed me from behind, i have no frome damage, door line up perfectly, no door dents or dings and i have a rear cutoff, that i need to have welded onto the back so that i can get back into the TL game unless i sell it and get another one
Old 06-30-2006, 09:19 PM
TL no more!

When I sold my '96 3.2, there was only one ding on the driver's side rear door. Now with my brand new '06 Accord, two months old and 6000 miles later, it has a ding on the driver's door. How nice...especially on a brand freakin' new car!!!!!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TLBaller
I have like 3 sheets of these in the back slot of my passenger seat. Go ahead and print it out for future reference. I have only used it twice since I printed it out.

Dont you hate it when your in a big parking lot with only a few cars and people ALWAYS park next to yours?
Old 06-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Racer

Me too...shitload od dings and dents. The other day I was working on the car, and a kid at a park in front of my apartment bldg was throwing rocks at his friend.....yes! They missed and hit the hood ! Nice ding and scratch.
So I beat the kid unconcious ( even though he was about 10 yrs old ).
Joke, but I wanted to....
Old 07-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Advanced

Talking

I got so many dents is starting to look like cellulite!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:31 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I got dings all over my doors from parking lots.

I live in a big apartment complex and came out one morning and saw eggs all over the parking lot and leading up to my car to see eggs nearly cooking on the roof @ 100+. I hauled ass to drive up pressure wash car wash and got it all off. Paint was fine.

Again, just the other morning got waken up by neighbors saying there was something else. Had to drive up to work to the detailing department and wash it. Guess that's what I get for living across the street from a community college.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:59 PM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
I was sitting in the car yesterday, and this fat bitch was getting into her VW with an ugly friend. I glanced up from my phone and saw them when they walked between my car and theirs. Thinking nothing of it, I go back to sending mail to my girlfriend, and the next thing you know, I feel the car rocking a bit, and I hear, "Knock knock KNOCK." I look at the side view mirror, and the bitch had her door right on my quarter-panel!! She proceeded to get in her car, close her door and back out of the spot as if nothing had happened!

~Cheers~
Old 07-11-2006, 01:21 AM
Instructor

I try to park next to a Mercedes or some exotic car hoping that they won't hit my car because they won't want to scratch theirs. But most of the time when I come back to my car there's a beat up two door coupe parked so close to mine.