How do you adjust the headlights??

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 07:43 AM
808 TL Scene Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you adjust the headlights??

Ok newbie doing a repost probably. First of all sorry everyone but I'm pretty sure this is a repost and i am too lazt to search i was wondering if any of you know how to adjust the headlights, I bought Silverstars and they look real sweet but the passenger one is pointing towards the ground. So if any of you know how to adjust the headlights could you please help me out. Thanks alot everyone.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:49 AM
TL no more!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Before adjusting the headlights:

Park the car on level ground.

Make sure the fuel tank is full.

The driver or someone who weighs the same should sit the driver's seat.

Load the trunk with the items you usually carry. (If you usually pull a trailer, attach it to the car.)

Push down on the front and rear bumpers several times to make sure the car is sitting normally.

You will need a very long phillips head screwdriver because the adjustment gear is very far down.

Look down and you'll see three holes. You want to use the hole that is closest to the fender (since you're saying your passenger side headlights, you need to look at the hole that is farthest to your left).

Assuming the car is on a perfectly or near perfect flat surface, look at the bubble. Turn the screw until the bubble is right in the middle where the thick solid line is. Then you've got the adjustment done!! To make sure, drive up to a wall and look to see if it's level. I hope this make sense. Good luck!!
Old 10-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
its not that far down
Old 10-16-2004, 07:21 AM
808 TL Scene Photographer

Thanks alot

Hey thanks for the info. appreciate being helped and not raved for a repost. If you guys have any audio questions i think i can help with alot, i got bored one day at my friends shop and we took apart everything just to see what it looked like and how easy or hard everything is going to be later on. Alrigt laters
Old 10-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Safety Car

since you offered, is it possible to put in aftermarket 1" tweeter at the dome light and still be able to put back the stock mesh grill over it?? what about tweeters on both ends of the dashboard?
Old 10-16-2004, 08:18 PM
Registered Driver

What about hooking us up with some nice deals on audio stuff instead Should let us all know what you have found about all of the audio stuff though.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Lord Ubber

TLBaller..

Here's the ten on your speaker question.

The center speaker by the dome light is a mid-range.
The bracket is a screw type holding bar that the speaker is fastened to. Trying to attach a different speaker to it is a hastle among itself. The speaker connector is also hard to modify. There is not enough slack in the wire inorder to do any splicing.

Plus.. I feel that putting a tweeter up there would send a unbearable amount of high freq to your ears at a level to far from your main speakers.
But there is a solution that I have taken.

You can splice/connect into the front speaker harness, so that you can hear them along with your speakers and you can control the volume with the fader of the H/U.
You will more then likely end up turning them down.

If you have a amp. Your speaker gains will be controled by the amp and as said you will control the dome by the H/U's fader.
Make sure you get the speaker connections correct.

Now the dash.
Tweets will fit in the space and can be ran by the H/U. Unless you rewire (Good luck!) amp is a better choice.