Honda Saber in Japan

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Honda Saber in Japan

Hello everyone! This is Clint from Tokyo,Japan.I'm glad to have found this site.Anyways,I own a Honda Saber UA3 or the Acura TL there.Believe it or not,there arent many parts for this car here....maybe air-filter and suspension and exhaust.I wanna pimp my ride but as I've mentioned,there are only limited parts I can get...and they are sooooooo expensive! Its also a "minor"car here...no one drives them here but old people and old people.So,as you've suspected,I want to know where I can get performance parts...anything! If anyone would be kind enough to let me in on any imformation,I would be pleased! I can try to get anyone JDM parts if they'd like(emblems,tags,lights,etc.).Oh,by the way,my car is a 96 model here(not sure what year there).I'm sure its the First Generation.3.2L V6. Thanx for your help in advance! Clint
Old 11-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
welcome to the forum.

Of course, we'd love to trade in parts with you specially the JDM headlights and some others.
Anyway, welcome.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:55 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you get your hands on the value kit?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:57 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
since you have internet access check out E-Bay
Old 11-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Racer

hi and welcome and yeah not too many performance mods here in the states for the TL either.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
WELCOME..
Old 11-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Pro

nice avatar KamLung....hahaha...but yeah welcome to the forum clint
Old 11-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Racer

Hello and welcome.
I'll be short and get to the point.
There are a few things others and myself maybe interested in.

-Blackout headlights
-Any strut bar?
-Old exhaust manifold for the 2.5 model.
-navigation system?
-parts to increase the fuel?
-anything not listed and is available.

thanks.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Safety Car

There aren't much here in the states, however there are more parts available in Japan. Trust me, I've looked and there are more options on suspensions. Ive seen RSR springs (and a few more other brand), then there are air rides for our cars (air runner, canover), fujitsubo exhaust, GAB strut tower bar, value/azect/hiro kits. There is a japanese forum in japan made specifically for the honda inspire/vigor/saber enthusiasts and most of the members there own ua2/ua3. here are your local websites: 1 2 3
Old 11-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by meazz1
welcome to the forum.

Of course, we'd love to trade in parts with you specially the JDM headlights and some others.
Anyway, welcome.
Thanx.To trade parts,I'm gonna hafta FIND the Sabers.There arent that many out here...not around where I live anyway.Maybe I'll take mine off (*_*)\/.Also the headlights are plastic here,not glass...maybe you know but...they discolor after a few years to yellowish piss color(^_^).
Old 11-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by vanz
Can you get your hands on the value kit?
My bad...but what is a value kit? I've been in Japan most of my life and I know more part name in Japanese than I do in English.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by jmbnova
since you have internet access check out E-Bay
I have checked E-bay and continue to...thanks
Old 11-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by slownlow32tl
hi and welcome and yeah not too many performance mods here in the states for the TL either.
Yeah,I've noticed that...but anything that are sold in the US is ALOT cheaper than Japan!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
WELCOME..
Thanx. Nice bouncing ANIME chick.Japanese ANIME kicks ass!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by SaNJoSeTLRydEr
nice avatar KamLung....hahaha...but yeah welcome to the forum clint
DOMO ARIGATO GOZAIMASU!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Ysidro
Hello and welcome.
I'll be short and get to the point.
There are a few things others and myself maybe interested in.

-Blackout headlights
-Any strut bar?
-Old exhaust manifold for the 2.5 model.
-navigation system?
-parts to increase the fuel?
-anything not listed and is available.

thanks.
Hello.Black-out eyes I've never seen here.I'm sure I can find strut-bars,but it'll cost.Exhaust manifold..well...thats gonna be difficult.Japan has a new law prohibiting car being junked without a motor AND they have to scrap the car ASAP. They cant leave 'em in a junkyard too long.I can look into the cost of a new one from couple parts shop I know.I doubt a factory or any Japanese navi will work there,with the frequency and others being different....but I may be wrong.I've got US Kenwood deck and I cant listen to local radio programs...just a few.AS for fuel,there are many gizmos and gadgets and just weird stuff here(like a ground wire thing you hang inside your gas filler cap to increase mileage,ionic magnets to wrap around the air intake and exhaust piping to increase power and mileage,etc).They even have motor oil fortified with AMINO ACIDS! I had to laugh at that! There are cool things though,like the new H4 bulb system that uses a burner system...not an HID kit either.Just a regular,but bigger sized H4 bulb with a separate burner box.That about $150.00 a set.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TLBaller
There aren't much here in the states, however there are more parts available in Japan. Trust me, I've looked and there are more options on suspensions. Ive seen RSR springs (and a few more other brand), then there are air rides for our cars (air runner, canover), fujitsubo exhaust, GAB strut tower bar, value/azect/hiro kits. There is a japanese forum in japan made specifically for the honda inspire/vigor/saber enthusiasts and most of the members there own ua2/ua3. here are your local websites: 1 2 3
Thanx for the site infos.The parts you've mentioned I now of and there are more.But,they are too expensive.It is normal for Japanese dudes to pull out a $50,000~$100,000 loan just to mod their cars but I'm a bit more realistic.I dont make good money and being a foreigner, its difficult too get a loan.I dont want a loan anyway...bitch to pay back.Plus I've spend too much on my old car,Honda Civic Ferio(1992 EG8 4 door).Its been in countless magazines,shows...Its even in the game NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 3( NFSU SHADO here in Japan).I had custom purple/blue/silver pearl paint job with ART FACTORY GRAPHICS graphics of Japanese Geisha girls all over the car.One reason of the fame was that an American driving the traditional Japanese design graphics in Japan.This time,with the Saber I wanna go simple.Nice rims,slammed,nice audio set up,nice somethings under the hood but at a lesser cost...WEll,enough about me and thanks for the info and thanx for welcoming me! Its great to have people I can talk to in the US with common things.I'll keep in touch and will let yawl know of any new,interesting parts/items when I see one( theres always something new every month).I'll also post some pics of my car and my other local and American buddies cars...We all drive "minor" cars. Jay drives a Honda Domani, Andy drives a Honda City.............
Old 11-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Safety Car

yes do that. don't be bashful to post up pics of hot japanese women
Old 11-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Racer

I just have some questions regarding owning a car in Japan.
Is it true that as the car gets older, the insurance becomes more expensive?
Do you guys get rid of your car after 5 years?
Old 11-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by binky
Hello everyone! This is Clint from Tokyo,Japan.I'm glad to have found this site.Anyways,I own a Honda Saber UA3 or the Acura TL there.Believe it or not,there arent many parts for this car here....maybe air-filter and suspension and exhaust.I wanna pimp my ride but as I've mentioned,there are only limited parts I can get...and they are sooooooo expensive! Its also a "minor"car here...no one drives them here but old people and old people.So,as you've suspected,I want to know where I can get performance parts...anything! If anyone would be kind enough to let me in on any imformation,I would be pleased! I can try to get anyone JDM parts if they'd like(emblems,tags,lights,etc.).Oh,by the way,my car is a 96 model here(not sure what year there).I'm sure its the First Generation.3.2L V6. Thanx for your help in advance! Clint

Sounds like you guys are knocking him up for parts rather then helping...

Anyways, Welcome to the forum Clint

1. Weapon-R.com Has a Cold Air Intake "Air Filter" to get more air into your car...

2. Venom You can find the control module for your Saber... High Flow Injectors... and Fuel Pump...

3. You may be able to Translate this website: CLICK HERE!!! That would be what our so called "VALUE SPORT KIT" is... There is another one made here by one of our members... http://www.inspiredmotorsports.com/ and then there is andysautosport.com

hope that helps...

Now for what others have asked... would you be able to get the front grill and Air Bag Cover for the steering wheel for a 2.5 UA2 Saber/Inspire???

yes do that. don't be bashful to post up pics of hot japanese women
Old 11-10-2005, 08:44 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Ysidro
I just have some questions regarding owning a car in Japan.
Is it true that as the car gets older, the insurance becomes more expensive?
Do you guys get rid of your car after 5 years?
All cars start with a basic insurance cost.Newer cars have safety features that older cars do not have such as ABS,air-bags,etc.And these features will be deducted from the insurance cost so older cars "seem" to be more expensive.As for the 5 years and toss deal,it uses to be true back in the 80's and the early 90's when the economy was excellent.After the collapse of the economy where thousands of companies,people went bankrupt and thousands commited suicide due to the collapse,people couldnt afford to throw thing away.It now costs so much to junk cars nowadays.Every year,we spend over $500.00 on road-tax,and over $2000.00 every 2 years for the vehicle inspection we have every 2 years.If we dont have these inspections(paid in full too),we cant drive our cars!Fu#%ing sux!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Safety Car

damn! so how do japanese folks have money to fix up their car?? I can't imagine how rich the people who are in the VIP scene is!!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by spooky3ce

Sounds like you guys are knocking him up for parts rather then helping...

Anyways, Welcome to the forum Clint

1. Weapon-R.com Has a Cold Air Intake "Air Filter" to get more air into your car...

2. Venom You can find the control module for your Saber... High Flow Injectors... and Fuel Pump...

3. You may be able to Translate this website: CLICK HERE!!! That would be what our so called "VALUE SPORT KIT" is... There is another one made here by one of our members... http://www.inspiredmotorsports.com/ and then there is andysautosport.com

hope that helps...

Now for what others have asked... would you be able to get the front grill and Air Bag Cover for the steering wheel for a 2.5 UA2 Saber/Inspire???

Thanks for the info!As for the Value Sport Kit,here it is:Front Cowl(lip spoiler) is @$480/ Side Cowl(side step) is @$530/Rear Cowl(rear lip)@480/Trunk lip spoiler@$600/Eye brows@$180 These are way too expensive even for Japan I think.Does it have to be from Value sports? I think I can find cheaper brands....and the shipping is gonna be ridiculous too.I'll look and post the URL's of ones I find! The "In-thing" here in Japan is the street racer look.Just a front lip,slammed with factory/stock rims.Thats how I'm gonna dress...till someone sponsors me a set of 19's(Art Factory is looking one for me now).
Old 11-13-2005, 06:39 AM
Racer

damn! so how do japanese folks have money to fix up their car?? I can't imagine how rich the people who are in the VIP scene is!!
well actually they arent rich at all.As I mentioned earlier,they take out mass loans and pretend to be rich but are actually broke and have to labor hard for the rest of their life!
Old 11-14-2005, 08:35 AM
98 3.2 Flamenco Black

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Binky, where you at in Japan?
Old 11-14-2005, 10:09 AM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Binky, thanks for looking up the information. Yeah, that is pretty expensive, and then to ship that thing...I had no idea it's that expensive in Japan. Can't help you out with parts because my car is bone stock.

What about DIY projects? peeps here have been making intakes.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by Mandy
Binky, where you at in Japan?
I be in good-old Fussa City(foossa),Tokyo...Right where Yokota Air Base is....so I dont miss America or Americans(I'm an English conversation teacher and all the teachers are Americans).
Old 11-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vanz
Binky, thanks for looking up the information. Yeah, that is pretty expensive, and then to ship that thing...I had no idea it's that expensive in Japan. Can't help you out with parts because my car is bone stock.

What about DIY projects? peeps here have been making intakes.
Actually,because its xpensive here,ALOT of our mods are DIY/hand-made....or take to a friend shop(he fabricates,restores OLD Skyline GTRs...mainly 70's.A good condiyion ones cost $150,000! No Joke!).We make whatever the tools he has are capable of making,and whatever we feel like making...cool stuff to "what the f#%k stuff.We are also into 50cc scooter build-up.Mine ic stock now but my buddy Andy has one with 70cc engine,big carb,CDI,7 inch extended swing arm,etc.Its nice.My Japanese buddy,has one that goes 110kph! Hes a good mech anyways.He owns an 800hp '32 Ford Deuce Coupe,in Japan! So,we do ALOT of DIY work here.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered Driver

Any pictures?

Are sidemarkers standard over there?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by UnsanePyro
Any pictures?

Are sidemarkers standard over there?
No pix yet.But soon...and side yes,the side markers are standard here.Actually without them,we dont pass our inspection and cant drive the car.All the cars imported are fitted with side markers before taking it in for inspection.even if it means drilling holes in the car.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Safety Car

hey binky, all car talk aside, why are the japanese game shows over there ROCK so hard and we here in the states have crappy shows?!? They have the best game shows in the world...hell any tv shows of theres are crazy and weird! lol

explain this LOL
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...656&q=japanese
Old 11-16-2005, 02:33 PM
Registered Driver

Originally Posted by binky
No pix yet.But soon...and side yes,the side markers are standard here.Actually without them,we dont pass our inspection and cant drive the car.All the cars imported are fitted with side markers before taking it in for inspection.even if it means drilling holes in the car.
I'm pretty sure you got what I meant, but I was talking about the markers in the front quarter panels of the car, behind the wheel well, are those standard?
Old 11-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Safety Car

thats what hes talking about.. they're called side markers.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:55 AM
Racer

hey binky, all car talk aside, why are the japanese game shows over there ROCK so hard and we here in the states have crappy shows?!? They have the best game shows in the world...hell any tv shows of theres are crazy and weird! lol

explain this LOL
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...656&q=japanese
Yeah,Japanese anime's do rock! The movie MATRIX was actually based on a Japanese anime called AKIRA( for those who didnt know).But,Japanese movies,especially sci-fi,suck! Japanese have all the techs but movie making...they just suck.I mean C.G.(computer graphics),even babies can tell that its C.G. You should check out PORN ANIME! My God! Japanese comic writer/drawers have wicked imagination...its just so cool.Also the Japanese game shows,comedy shows are fun too! They do crazy stuff! Like they set up a comedian,make him walk into a porta-potty,let him pee,then they blow the place up...enough to blow apart the toilet,but not enough to injure him.For comedians here,being injured or humiliated are part of their job....just to satisfy the viewers.Another one is a game show.Two pairs of comedians play.One guy does the answering and the other is the guinea-pig.The guinea-pig guys are strapped to a bungee chord which is attached to a fully extended arm of a crane,in which the crane is in a pit 100meters below(they film at an old copper mine field).The game begins.Questions are asked and every time they make a mistake,the platform where the "pigs" are strapped to,tilts...putting tension on the bungee.After about 3,4 mistakes,the strap snaps,fling the "pig" of the platform(like reverse bungee).As he takes off,his clothes are ripped off of him so he goes flying bare naked! So he's just hanging in the air,100 Meters above the ground! Lot of the shows here are like that,taking comedy to the extreme!
Old 11-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Safety Car

im very familiar with japanimation porn - hentai. japanese artists are just freaks!

as far as that bungee gameshow, ive seen a clip of it. i saw one guy who jumped and an aligator almost got his head. if i find it, ill show you.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:40 AM
Racer

im very familiar with japanimation porn - hentai. japanese artists are just freaks!

as far as that bungee gameshow, ive seen a clip of it. i saw one guy who jumped and an aligator almost got his head. if i find it, ill show you.
Theyll dip guys with raw chicken strapped around their body and then dunked into a pool of pirhanas...fu#:ing nuts.2