AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G TL (1996-1998) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tl-1996-1998-101/)
-   -   Help, stock alarm goes of randomly all the time (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tl-1996-1998-101/help-stock-alarm-goes-randomly-all-time-605690/)

evotronix 10-16-2006 04:03 PM

Help, stock alarm goes of randomly all the time

Hello, everyone, I just got a 96 3.2 TL and after two days the stock alarm started to go off at any time for no reason. I read the TSB in this forum but how do I get that lock, and is it possible that there is other reason? Can someone help me with a wiring diagram or instructions how to turn the alarm off myself?
Thanks in advance, I appreciate your help!

Go90go 10-16-2006 11:47 PM

Have you checked your battery's negative cable?

~Cheers~

evotronix 10-17-2006 10:35 AM

What do you mean?
On the battery side or the chassis? I havent but I will.
I was also wondering if I could follow the TSB posted earlier that says the trunk latch is the probable cause. But instead of replacing will it work if I pull it out, clean it real good and put it back in. Anyone with similar problems?

Go90go 10-17-2006 03:02 PM

I didn't have that issue, but sometimes with alarms, if it thinks that someone disconnected your battery, once it reconnects it, it will sound... Oh, and I meant the battery side.

~Cheers~

TexasHonda 10-17-2006 06:27 PM

I once had a problem w/ a 94 Accord factory alarm w/ similar random alarms. The battery voltage was declining, althought the car started fine. When I finally noticed some hard starts and replaced the battery, the problem disappeared and did not return. If your battery is old, you might check the voltage. Not sure what the critical voltage is, but probably something less than 12V will set the alarm off.

good luck

evotronix 10-17-2006 07:30 PM

Hey TexasHonda, that makes sense!
Yes the battery looks old, I will check it, I was gonna buy a multimeter anyway, now I have a reason!
Thanks, will post results!

Go90go 10-17-2006 08:10 PM

Was going to mention battery but since I recommed that for ALOT of problems, I figured everyone might think that I'm just a broken record, hehe.

~Cheers~

evotronix 10-18-2006 08:36 PM

Well, I just got back from Autozone - they have free battery check, it's not the battery, although it looks old it had 12.9 V and under load went 11.27 V the lowest so it is good. Now it probably is the freakin trunk latch... any ideas?

TexasHonda 10-18-2006 10:07 PM

Battery is probably eliminated as a problem. They did a load check to verify the voltage doesn't decay rapidly? Just measuring the voltage on a car that was just shut down is not an adequate battery check. You should start the engine a couple of times at least and then check voltage.

I have a 99 Subaru that occasionally alarms, primarily in parking garages. I've traced the problem to the "breaking glass" sensor. A loud exhaust such as a motorcycle is particularly good at setting off the alarm. In a car garage, the noise is amplified and I have to disable the alarm before I leave the car.

good luck

evotronix 10-19-2006 07:27 AM

Yes TexasHonda, they did the load test, but as for the breking glass sensor - I don't think my Acura has it, it is the stock alarm, but again I am not sure.

teekay3001 10-21-2006 11:18 AM

I'm experiencing this problem right now, but now mine locks me out of the car, which is kinda bad and now i'm a professional for breaking into my own damn car....sucks