Help Please!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 11:49 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help Please!!!!!!

DAmn Damn Damn. Somebody help. I was changing my oil this evening when I stupidly stripped the head of the oil drain plug. Then, I used "vise" grips thinking tat would work, but it only worsened the condition of the bolt head. Now after f*@&ing with it for so long it is in extremely POOR condition. I can't get it off. to replace it with a new one! Any suggestions would be appreciated. (Yes, I know I shoul've paid $25 to have it done. What can I say... I don't trust anyone with my baby and I'm a cheap f**k) Thanks!

Mike
Old 07-06-2002, 02:48 AM
Racer

get a bolt remover, you can get one at checkers. it looks like a drill bit. you drill it into the bolt head then remove it. then you insert (heh heh...insert) the removal tool. then twist. it shouldn't take too long.
Old 07-06-2002, 05:31 AM
Advanced

What turboTL suggest is the right way, but if the doesn't work, the sure way is a chisel and a hammer.
Old 07-06-2002, 02:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by turboTL
get a bolt remover, you can get one at checkers. it looks like a drill bit. you drill it into the bolt head then remove it. then you insert (heh heh...insert) the removal tool. then twist. it shouldn't take too long.
i was gonna suggest this also but being that he was prolly only gonna use this tool once or twice in his life time.....well maybe in his case more ...i suggested a cheaper alternative in his other posting of the same topic.
Old 07-06-2002, 06:26 PM
Din
Pro

You can always drill the bolt out.
Old 07-06-2002, 08:44 PM
Advanced

Smile Thanks!!!!!!

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll keep those ideas in mind in case that happens ever again. However, I was able to finally get my vice grips to twist it off after the engine had completely cooled off after sitting over night. Believe me... I don't plan on torquing it so tight next time. Adios homies.

Mike