Help Help Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2001, 11:11 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help Help Help!!!!!

I NEED HELP !!!!!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET THE RED TRANSPARENT PAINT OFF OF MY TAILIGHTS, I MESSED UP ONE SIDE AND I NEED TO REPAINT IT, I WAS TOLD THAT LAQUER, PAINT THINNNER WILL MELT THE PLASTIC, I HEARD GASOLINE BUT WONT THAT MELT THE PLASTIC AS WELL, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I LOVE THE LOOK BUT THE ONE SIDE IS KILLING ME ALSO I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO TAKE OFF PAINTED ON PINSTRIPING, I CANT STAND IT!!!!!!!!! I HOPE ONE OF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT SOON BEFORE I GO INSANE, THANKS IN ADVANCE..
Old 11-06-2001, 11:27 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude mellow out. Its not that bad.
First of all for the pinstriping, a mildly abrasive compound will take it out, try Meguires or 3M so this way you dont burn up your clear coat and dull the area.
As far as the Red Paint I really dont know cause I dont have any experience with it. I think Gasoline will take it off but it wont really damage your cars paint as long as you clean it up and maybe wax the affected area shortly there after. Casue when you think about it, how many times have you seen people over fill their gas tank and it drips out onto the rear quater of their cars. Just make sure you wash it and wax the area and you should be fine.
Other people may know of something better to remove the unwanted paint and help prevent damaging your cars finish.

Hope I was of some help to you.
Old 11-06-2001, 11:41 AM
98 3.2 Flamenco Black

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
cozmo,

if you used the testor's paint, it is enamel. Paint thinner should take it out. Paint thinner is just kerosene and should not damage your car paint. Your car paint is Lacquer paint. don't ever use Lacquer Thinner.

Gas should not harm lacquer paint. clean up and wax, is the way to go if you use gas.

just hang tight, it will be ok.
Old 11-06-2001, 11:45 AM
Intermediate

THANKS

IM NOT TO WORRIED ABOUT THE CARS PAINT, BUT THE THE PLASTIC IT SELF ON THE TAILIGHTS, I WILL TAKE THE TAILIGHTS OFF THE CAR TO DO IT, I HEARD THE PLASTIC WILL MELT OR BECOME DULL, I REALLY DONT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN, YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST THOUGH, ALWAYS LOOKING OUT FOR A FELLOW TL OWNER, THANKS
Old 11-06-2001, 11:54 AM
98 3.2 Flamenco Black

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Whatever happens, keep us updated.

Then, maybe I will do the same, re-paint my tails.

So far, I am cool with it but it can be improved.
Old 11-06-2001, 12:06 PM
Intermediate

OH SURE ILL BE THE GUINEE PIG, IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE ME TO TEST? HOW ABOUT I TEST ROCKET FUEL IN THE GAS TANK, OR MAYBE CHOP MY ROOF OFF AND SEE HOW OUR CARS WOULD LOOK AS A CONVERTIBLE, AND LET YOU GUYS KNOW HOW IT WORKS JUST KIDDING, I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP, THANKS AGAIN ILL TRY IT TONIGHT AND LET YOU KNOW TOMORROW YOU GUYS TRULY HAVE BEEN THE BEST SOURCE OF HELP I HAVE EVER SEEN, I REALLY LIKE HOW A BUNCH OF CAR LOVERS COME TOGETHER TO HELP EACHOTHER OUT!!!!
Old 11-06-2001, 01:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

ok here are some things that we want you to try:

1. those damn M3 mirrors
2. strut bars
3. koni, tokico, KYB shocks
4. sway bars
5. a bunch of different rims, just so we can make sure they don't rub
6. radar detectors, just so that we know we won't get caught.
7. hmmm and whatever else we think would be fun to have in our cars.

haha i'm just playing of course
Old 11-06-2001, 02:06 PM
Intermediate

Talking

ILL GET TO IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, HEEHEE, I THINK I WILL NEED A COUPLE HUNDRED GRAND FOR THIS TEST. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD PAY ME TO TEST THESE THINGS THAT WOULD BE COOL
Old 11-06-2001, 03:44 PM
Pro

we all will donate some money so you can test out all that stuff and let us know. i got a dollar.
Old 11-06-2001, 04:01 PM
Instructor

Post some pics when your done dude!

One more test not mentioned is putting the type s sticker on the back.....I heard it's good for at least 25-40 more horse power!