Got pulled over...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003 | 08:22 PM
giggity giggity giggity

Thumbs down Got pulled over...

I was behind a car making a left-hand turn, so we both slowed down to like 20-25mph 'cause the roads were wet. He turns, I go around him and accellerate to about 35-38 (the speed limit is 35). I see a black car pull out like right after the turn, and he immediately turns on his flashers (unmarked). I know it's me right away just cause he turned the lights on right after I passed by him. Anywho, he gets outta his car, I turn down the stereo, he comes up to my window. The coversation goes like this:

(Keep in mind that he is talking and acting like he is the $hit, when really he isn't b/c all he had to do was fail high school and/or college, take an exam, and be a cop. These cops were put in this particular town for one reason only: traffic enforcement. NOTHING ELSE. Well, break up parties. But THATS IT)

COP: Is your accelerator broken?
Me: Umm...no.
COP: Where are you headed to accelerate like that?
Me: My house.
COP: Is this your car?
Me: Yeah. (Oh what, someone 15 years younger than you
can't have a car better than yours?)
COP: How old are you?
Me: 18, gonna be 19 in a month.
COP: What's your last name?
Me: Hoover
COP: Where you live?
Me: Shamong.
COP: Do you know what the speed limit is back there?
Me: 35.
COP: Correct, and do you know how fast you were goin?
Me: Around that.
COP: Well, you were going well over that ( really wasn't, just SOUNDED like I was. I dont think he even had radar in his car). The roads are wet out here, there is no reason to accelerate like that.
Me: Ok.
COP: If I catch you doing that again, I'm gonna write you a ticket.
Me: Ok, thanks.

He doesn't write me a warning or anything. I take off, he goes his seperate way. I guess I can't accelerate when the roads are damp? I wasn't even spinning my tires. Just pressed down on the accelerator so that it jumped up a gear (like our cars do) and since I have an exhaust, it was louder. I mean, I am thankful that I didn't get a ticket or anything, but really, I just accelerated. What if I was driving a 600hp skyline or supra, and I accelerated alittle, but it was still loud, would he pull me over?
Old 08-02-2003 | 03:19 AM
Banned

he let you go though which is cool. I get let off a lot. I get pulled over hella in both my cars...But ya they'll pull you over for stupid **** all the time...
Old 08-02-2003 | 08:35 AM
Pro

He was just shaking you down, because of your age.

I have three sons, of driving age. They get pulled over every night, not because thier speeding , just because! It happens a lot in Camden Co, GA!

One of my sons passed an off duty cop, The cop caught up to him at a gas station and slaped him around a little, Then he called 911, saying that he was attacked by my son of 16, weighs all of 85 lbs, the officer weighd in three times as much and a black belt.

Be very carfull out there, I use to trust cops but I`ve learned !
Old 08-02-2003 | 10:39 AM
The Undertaker

Originally posted by Bear2Day
Be very carfull out there, I use to trust cops but I`ve learned !
there are good police officers out there, don't hate on all of them-
Old 08-02-2003 | 11:15 AM
giggity giggity giggity

Oh yeah, there are some nice one's. I know a couple and they wouldn't even think about doing that to me. However, there are some d1ckheads out there...
Old 08-02-2003 | 04:44 PM
The Undertaker

yeah believe me i know - lol - just hate when people let one (or two..or three...four...) police officers set the example of how all of them are. I've paid my fair share of tickets
Old 08-03-2003 | 07:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Its the ****heads who misuse their trusted authority that give the rest a bad rep. Thats just how things are. Authority/power gets to their heads.

When I was visiting some friends in New Hampshire (where I lived for 15 years) I was being tailed by a cop thru some twisty roads that are marked 40 mph. Well... being in my 88 Accord at the time, I never used the brakes and left him and his Crown Vic far behind since he had to brake on all those turns I had out of state plates too which is probably why he was following me (he had nothing better to do than hang out at Dunkin Donuts i'm guessing).

When I lived in Virginia, i was in an area that I will charitably describe as "poor". People there don't have much so my shiny pimped out black TL 3.2 stood out and I had cops pull me over left and right.

Officer: Is this your car sonny?
Me: Yes Officer, its mine.
Officer: You look a little young to have a car like this, where did you get it?
Me: I bought it an Acura dealership near DC, I have copies of the paperwork from the transaction if you'd like to review it.

(Shockingly he DOES ask to see it, sits in his cruiser with the paperwork for a full 10 minutes and then comes back)

Officer: Looks like you got yourself a nice car, don't go too fast in your Jap ride.

(hands me my paperwork back)

THIS happened three times (only the first time did I bother showing the paperwork)

So yeah, some cops just have nothing better to do and if you look young they assume you've stolen it.
Old 08-03-2003 | 09:37 PM
Racer

I'm 16 going on 17 in Oct. since ive had my liscense ive been pulled over 4 times and one of those times i got a ticket for 72 in a 65. And what if I've noticed one thing cops hate the fact that im some 16 year old kid and i drive a nice car with a loud exaust. One time i was pulled over simply because i had a sticker on my back windows which was about 4 inches across by 3 inche high. I dont trust a cop any farther than i can throw him.
Old 08-04-2003 | 08:09 AM
Pro

I can`t say it enough! If you drive I-95 south or north betwen Brunswick and the Florida border and you are 16-20 years old be very carefull. If your pulled over stay where people can see you!

Yes, There is good one`s out there. But that night out of 20 that showed up at the scene, just one asked how my son was doing!
Old 08-06-2003 | 06:05 PM
Banned

i never get let off, i got 9 tickets if you want me too i can list them out
Old 08-07-2003 | 09:37 AM
JLK
Advanced

That loud exhaust and the car movies gets thier attention and yes the age.
Old 08-07-2003 | 10:21 AM
5th Gear

See..... I live in NJ. Shamong or Oriental is the boonedocks. Cops out there dont have anything else better to do!!!!!