Gasoline Question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gasoline Question!!!

Ok... first off i would like to start by saying this might be a or just might be similar because i remember seeing something about "what type of gas should i put in" anyways, i know that i'm suppose to put the Premium/Supreme Fuel but the question is...

Since we are using High Octane Fuel, would it hurt the engine to put in some Octane boost?

I just bought the 4 shot of Octane boost and was wondering since i already use premium fuel the octane is going to be above the normal... I used it already and the car seems to respond better when i punch it... I Also bought some injector cleaner that goes in but i'm afraid to put it in at the same time... so when my tank is almost empty, never had the little warning fuel lamp come on, i put in the octane boost... then the next time i fill up i put in the injector cleaner... i got two more octan boost things and 2 more injector cleaner things for the next 2 fill ups... just a question to see if there would be a future problem or if anyone has ever used/had a problem with it... ... ...

Gracias in advance for the responses...
Old 09-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure actually, but will you let me know how the injector cleaner works for you? And what brand your using. Something about it makes me a little hesitant and I'm really not sure why.

Also, what octane are you running now?
Old 09-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by UnsanePyro
Not sure actually, but will you let me know how the injector cleaner works for you? And what brand your using. Something about it makes me a little hesitant and I'm really not sure why.

Also, what octane are you running now?

I use only one... and one only!!! lol... its the product "The Outlaw" the one with the horse on it if you want to know what the brand looks like... I use this one because its not as... how do you say... oil-y...

I did a test... got some "The Outlaw" fuel injector cleaner and some of the other stuff... coughSTPcough... and put gasoline, half a quarter of a gallon in a couple buckets... put in the outlaw in one of the bukets and the rest in the other... the outlaw one mixes with the fuel... stp just floats on the top of the tank like oil would when you mix it with water... making you think you got more MPG to the tank... my dad uses STP... its good for a while... but i think it gunks up your fuel lines and tank... and may cause problems later...

i used it once in my TL and it worked fine for the first couple days... then it started to slugg around... kinda choke when i pressed the gas... when i started getting low on fuel...

I recommend "THE OUTLAW" for octane boost and fuel injector cleaner... I get it at Autozone... but here's a site with the product... THE OUTLAW.... I still have the above question though... Also, if anyone has tried Octane boost and the injector cleaner... have you seen any differences in your car??? Looks like i'm getting a bit more mpg but not sure... i'll have to count the next couple times i use it...

i'm getting about 360 miles before i have to fill up now... does that sound right???... i know i can go 380-400 freeway miles... I travel every year between Salinas CA and Yuma AZ... 500 mile drive... but i never like seeing the light come on reminding me to fill up so i never let it go empty... My moms 98 Accord 2dr... she lets the light come on and now it reminds her all the time when its a quarter away from empty... annoying... well i'm writing a book here just to answer your question... so i'll leave it at that...lol... Hope someone can answer the questions i have... or else i'm going to do the trail and error thing...lol... Thanks in advance...

Oh about what octane i'm running now... i think its about 95 96 because it should up it a couple points... 2 - 3 points maybe 4... ... i'm guessing...
Old 09-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
well i dunno how accurate the octane level in your tank may be seeing as how gas stations also have a little leeway they can be off the octane level... are u putting in the additives at every fillup??? i usually do it once a month or once every oil change... alot of times to me it may be all psychological..
Old 09-13-2004, 08:08 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you know putting anything more than 91 in your TL won't do shit? the comptuer isnt designed to ignite a fuel with a higher octane rating, all it can do is retard engine timing if you have too low of octane and it senses knock. the only way to take advantage of higher octane would be reprogramming the computer's valve timing etc.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:12 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Control Module??? click here... might be my next mod to catch up with all of you that have been talking on here for years... i didn't know they had all this stuff for my car until i found this site...
Old 09-14-2004, 11:02 AM
Instructor

I've got to use 93, we don't have 91 in North Carolina. So, damn, I'm not getting anything out of my two extra octane.