Don't let the master go dry!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 09:21 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy Don't let the master go dry!!!!!

Ok, for those of you do it yourselfers planning on doing any brake work on your cars here is a little something I learned last weekend...BE CAREFUL!!! I had a caliper that had a leaking seal on it for the last two weeks, been topping up brake fluid and had my rim almost wrecked. FINALLY got around to be able to change the caliper, but due to a huge lack of sleep, (that's myexcuse and I'm stickin to it!!) I neglected to top up the fluid BEFORE I started working on my caliper, needless to say, when I removed the caliper, enough fluid drained out to let the master cylinder get some air in it, which I of course didn't notice until AFTER I started to bleed the brakes. Well after 2 hours of trying to bleed all four corners, I gave up and limped the car over to the local Acura dealer (where I am lucky enough to have a friend who just started there as a service advisor). After a day in a nice loaner RS-X Premium w/ 5-spd Tiptronic and $300 cash I had my car back good as new. The dealer says I now need a master cylender, as when they took it off, the bladder was almost toast and fluid just went everywhere, but the brakes are working fine, and no more leaks, so for now I'm gonna leave it as I have to buy 4 new snows right now and money is kinda tight! Just my story of which the moral is ... Don't be lazy! And if at all avoidable, don't work on your car when you are overtired and will forget things!!
Old 10-15-2003, 10:04 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks for the heads up. i just dont waste my time on doing things that gets me really dirty or if i have a feeling i know its hard. i just let a pro do it..

about your rsr muffler, its just a muffler and not a whole catback exhaust? how loud is the rsr mufflers? cost? location on purchase?
Old 10-15-2003, 10:10 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Yeah, I'm lucky that I have a few friends who have their own shops and let me do my own stuff, USUALLY saves a bunch, saved prolly 3 or 4 hun doing my starter myself, but then somethin like this happens and you just get frustrated! Ah well, live and learn right? Anyways, my RS*R is just a bolt on, actually it's orginally intended for a Honda Accord, my friend who owns an exhaust shop had it sitting around and I picked it up used for a really good price. It's almost a quiet as the stock, which I like, just a bit more throaty, sounds nice with the intake and filter. I am going to have a 2.75 or maybe 3" cat back custom pipe installed next spring, but for now it's just the muffler. They (Meaning RS*R specifically) don't make a cat-back system for the TL, so I'll have to have my friend bend one up special. Will be alright though, but probably be a little louder than it is now after that since I will be taking out the resonator.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:13 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

There are pics of the muffler here:
http://members.cardomain.com/cornflake_cwl