customizing

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008 | 03:22 PM
9th Gear

customizing

Hey everyone. I'm new here..

Err well about me.. I'm 16 and got my dad's '97 3.2 TL to drive. Not gettin a new car, so I decided that i'm gonna customize the car.
It's got about 103k miles.

My friend suggested that I turn it "VIP style." Anyone got an idea of how I can get this look?
Also looking to add some performance parts and everythin.
It's completely stock right now..

Could I get some ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
Old 01-03-2008 | 04:10 PM
Senior Moderator

well first let me welcome you to the forums...

second realize that our cars are not accords or civics where you can come by parts very cheaply or easily... with that being said it will be more expensive... do a search around the site and you will find some good links and pics of what others have done...
Old 01-03-2008 | 04:27 PM
9th Gear

yeah i haven't seen any customized tl's in my area.

i read something about the TL fully maximizing the battery usage somewhere on the forum.. so how would adding stuff like underglow, seat cathodes, etc. (just stuff that uses more power) affect the battery usage? would it be necessary to add a second battery or something?
Old 01-03-2008 | 06:26 PM
Khmer Pride

^ well welcome to the forums...second sounds too ricey!!! with neon glow n crap. thats no vip style.

start with the cheapest to $$$. leds to gauges, chrome shift diy, wheels, den a clean drop..etc.
Old 01-03-2008 | 08:58 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Welcome to the Boards! I joined the site not to long ago and I was on a tight budget with being young. Start with all of the easy stuff. Do the chrome shifter D.I.Y. first that is probably one of the cheapest mods that you can do. Look into Clear Bumpers or the Inspire bumpers to make the front of your car looks different than all of the others. Get some HIDs to make the look at night different than all of the other cars that are that year on the road. If you want to LED the gauges, the interior or w/e else I have a thread called LED Conversion if you want to take a look at that. If you have any questions then just feel free to PM anyone of us (I'm sure they don't mind) on here because we all can help you in some way with your issue that you may have. Good luck!
Old 01-04-2008 | 02:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

I was about to laugh at your thread, but I decided not to.

Im 16 too... haha, I never planned on modding mine until.........

I started with JDM inspire taillights then I moved onto door handle LEDs, removing the intake resonator, cleaning up the car and blacking out the headlights and doing other small things. Next up, I have a Type II intake manifold I'm ready to install as soon as I can get a gasket set. If you want more ideas, browse the photo gallery and you should come up with some new ideas. I have some pictures in there. Remember, the most important part is to have fun and learn while working on the car.
Old 01-04-2008 | 09:05 PM
大日本帝国

^ Thanks to me you started modding, .

~Cheers~