customized turbo for 3.2tl

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
customized turbo for 3.2tl

ive been thinking alot about buting a custom turbo. i stop by a place called centrol florida turbo and said they can built me a turbo with custom pipping for 3g. it sounds alot of money but i think its worth it. what ur guys think?
Old 05-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Hurricane Game

wow, that lots o' money. eek.....but if you want it, go for it it would be unique for sure
Old 05-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Instructor

in my opinion.. turbos and all that kinda crap is good for car like supra.... civics.. integz..etc........ one of the members here had a signature that went something like...."we own luxary cruisers.....not rice burning pocket rockets...keep it custom but classy"... and that quote in my opinion is very true... our cars are luxary cruisers.... throw on a lip kit... some rims... and nice sound system. tvs... and you'd be P I M Ping..... thats just my opinion... though..... i dunno if anyone agrees but that just what i think..... but.... hey... if it'll make you happier with your ride.. g0o for it.... post pix though if you do decide to get it!
Old 05-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
First, 3k for a custom turbo set-up sounds like BS.

If you want to make a turbo for your car, talk to all-motor. Its a different, car and different engine, but he will be able to give you an idea on the cost and scope of the project.

And any car can be turbo'd. Doesn't mean its not classy. Shit, look at the top of the line Benz's. What are they? Twin Turbos.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Racer

Turbo kits go for under 1k...they wanna charge you over 2 k for labor....
Old 05-21-2005, 11:48 PM
LDH
I

I don't know what kind of info you guys are basing it off of but when you guys are trying to build a turbo kit it's a pain in the ass. My friend just finished his turbo ls like 2-3 weeks ago and he spent over 2g's for a used turbo kit and other accesories used to keep it up and running. He installed it himself so no shop labor.

3k is bs for custom turbo, I totally agree with mclaren. All-motor spent like 7-9 grand customizing a turbo kit for his second gen CL he has a j32. Imagine working the the c32 our engines are mounted a different way and theres even less room to work with. Try fabricating custom exhuast manifold that clear everything. Then try to mount your turbo and wastegate in that small space.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:03 AM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

agreed.

a custom turbo kit will run you at leat 5g for everything. Throw in all the electronics you would want (gauges, fuel management, turbo timer, etc.) and you'll be around 7g. Its a turbo kit thats putting extra stress on your motor, don't skimp on it unless you want to replace your engine.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Advanced

Theres this guy in my town that says he can turbo anything and will do any car for like 2g's or 2 cars for 3500. my friend is going to turbo his 535 soon and if my other home boy didnt total his legend coupe they were going to boost that. But that doesnt bad considering they dont make turbos for our cars.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:43 PM
giggity giggity giggity

I would think that if you are looking for any moderate boost, I would beef up the internals to handle the stress. I don't think that low boost would be a problem...how strong are these engines? I know you can turbo a 2JZGE without replacing anything inside and it will handle just about any PSI.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Racer

u want turbo to go fast rite? take that 3some odd G's buy urself a crotchrocket and hit 160 in a matter of seconds. but turbo would b nice on this, especialy if u pull up to some lil ricer civic or crx and leave it in the dust....post pics if u get it done
Old 05-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Racer

if i get it done it will be a t3-t4 size turdo something not too crazy, yea and the 3g will only be the labor. i have to come up with the parts that will cost me 3g so im looking at the total of 6g. will it be worth it? yea i think so. and it will still and always be a luxary but sporty and i think there nothing wrong with have a classy sporty ride. if i get it done it will take me about 6 month. if im racing it wont be agence a civic or crx, more like the is300 thats after the turbo...
Old 05-23-2005, 09:21 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by noRe456
in my opinion.. turbos and all that kinda crap is good for car like supra.... civics.. integz..etc........ one of the members here had a signature that went something like...."we own luxary cruisers.....not rice burning pocket rockets...keep it custom but classy"... and that quote in my opinion is very true... our cars are luxary cruisers.... throw on a lip kit... some rims... and nice sound system. tvs... and you'd be P I M Ping..... thats just my opinion... though..... i dunno if anyone agrees but that just what i think..... but.... hey... if it'll make you happier with your ride.. g0o for it.... post pix though if you do decide to get it!
Old 05-24-2005, 11:52 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Haikoo
Turbo kits go for under 1k...they wanna charge you over 2 k for labor....
Doode, maybe a "taiwan special" for a Civic, but any custom turbo is gonna run you at LEAST 4-5 g's as stated before. I have to diagree with those that think a turbo doesn't belong on our cars. I have said before, the TL is so close to being a great sport tourer, that all it needs is things like bigger rims and a turbo to make it a really great car.... GO for it if ya feel like spending the duckets!! But if you don't have them, don't even bother starting cause a project like that will run you clean dry.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Cornflake
Doode, maybe a "taiwan special" for a Civic, but any custom turbo is gonna run you at LEAST 4-5 g's as stated before. I have to diagree with those that think a turbo doesn't belong on our cars. I have said before, the TL is so close to being a great sport tourer, that all it needs is things like bigger rims and a turbo to make it a really great car.... GO for it if ya feel like spending the duckets!! But if you don't have them, don't even bother starting cause a project like that will run you clean dry.
yep, we are not driving lincolns and cadillacs. we driving a tl which is a sporty saden. yea keep it classy but hey im young. anyways im trying to find a way where i can tune my 3.2 for better speed and i think turbo is the way to go. it will take me time if i do it. or maybe nos...
Old 05-24-2005, 04:22 PM
LDH
I

Originally Posted by longeye23s
yep, we are not driving lincolns and cadillacs. we driving a tl which is a sporty saden. yea keep it classy but hey im young. anyways im trying to find a way where i can tune my 3.2 for better speed and i think turbo is the way to go. it will take me time if i do it. or maybe nos...
You need the money to do it and the money to maintain it. Turbo will give you problems, it always does. One of my friends just blew his turbo motor a few weeks ago. He spent every penny he had and put it into that car and to get it running properly and now he's broke and can't afford to fix it. Being in high school it's even worse because someone has to go pick him up everyday and his parents are pissed because he hasn't even had his car that long, but his dad is making jokes about him already blowing the motor.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:31 PM
Racer

Money talks bro...if you got tha cake...go for it.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Instructor

you know what. ive been thinking that too. i say you go for it. and who ever says we own luxary cruisers.....not rice burning pocket rockets...keep it custom but classy, then they are wrong!! what can you put and comes stok with some of the lux? audi,BMW,BENZ, ECT................ they all come with that -ish on it. look around on this site i stumbled acrossed this guys site and he started the turbo up grade to his 01 TL. post pix when done. good luck
Old 05-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Instructor

hey by the way found that guy for you( speedr73)
or go to 2gen and scroll down the thread he in there.