Cleaning the Wheel Wells...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 09:52 PM
2003 Acura MDX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Cleaning the Wheel Wells...

If youve seen my ride in the photograph gallery (https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...22#post1253322) you will notice the inside of my wheel wells are FUUGLY (midnight offroading ). I basically want to know maybe the material of the inside of the wheel wells, and if anyone here DOES clean them...what do you use on them?

-Thanks in advance...
Ramzy
Old 07-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Safety Car

Received 487 Likes on 249 Posts
Just clean the inside with a soapy sponge and a high powered spray. But it won't turn black. It will stay that powdery gray.

A dealer's trick is to spray tire shine stuff into your wheel wells. That's more of a showroom thing. It won't last long with normal driving. Some people use black spray paint to get the black look.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:30 PM
TL no more!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Midnight offroading or any offroading at all with our Acuras can potentially be damaging to the suspension parts and possibly the wheels and tires, plus, if you are "offroading" on a land where you are not suppose to, then it is traspassing. Plus on top of that, it is a very irresponsible thing to do. Believe me...I know. I use to have an Explorer and got in trouble with the cops with a bunch of my friends.

But anyways...first thing you need to do is to use a pressure washer and spray off any debris or foreign matters off the wheel well first. Use a brush on more stubborn matters. After that, I always use a cheap tire dressing to make it look nice and black to top it off. Oh yeah...click on the link and get the wheel well dressing...

http://www.properautocare.com/whweunco.html

Hope this helps. This is what I do.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Racer

when i have the urge to go off roading i take the company truck and duke it out at the construction site....lots of rooom and crazy bumps but yea try to spray paint it because tire shine will only last so long...
Old 07-29-2005, 05:03 PM
2003 Acura MDX

Originally Posted by WolfpackBill
Midnight offroading or any offroading at all with our Acuras can potentially be damaging to the suspension parts and possibly the wheels and tires, plus, if you are "offroading" on a land where you are not suppose to, then it is traspassing. Plus on top of that, it is a very irresponsible thing to do. Believe me...I know. I use to have an Explorer and got in trouble with the cops with a bunch of my friends.

But anyways...first thing you need to do is to use a pressure washer and spray off any debris or foreign matters off the wheel well first. Use a brush on more stubborn matters. After that, I always use a cheap tire dressing to make it look nice and black to top it off. Oh yeah...click on the link and get the wheel well dressing...

http://www.properautocare.com/whweunco.html

Hope this helps. This is what I do.

Ok, the "offroading" I did was a rainy night, I went on the grass for like 3 seconds, spun up some dirt and grass, then left. I didnt know what else to call it, so I called it offroading, hahaha. I would never be so stupid as to freaking... do it like SUV's do, I love my car, i would never try to hurt it.

Ill probabbly try the tire dressing like you guys said, thanks for all the help.