cd player....really really need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 04:28 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cd player....really really need help

alrite...this is what's happening...i went to get a new cd player for my car at bestbuy...and this is what they told me..that if i want to put in a new cd player in my 97 3.2TL i have to replace all four speakers that i have in their rite now...then i have to replace all the wires that are in my car...then i have to get the plugs for the four speakers......then i have to get a bass block for the tweater....and lots of other ****...i don;t know if they are trying to make money off of or....do u really have to do that.....and one more thing they said that if my speaker are a bose system then they have to add an amp to the cd player to make it work.....let me know if it's true or not...and let me know what i can do...thanks a lot...
Old 10-21-2002, 04:31 PM
Racer

they are so full of s#!+. you ain'tgotta do none of that. i had my cd player hooked up to the stock system no problem.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:02 PM
Racer

I can't believe they told you that. If you want high quality equipment, don't ever go to Best Buy. They are notorious for telling you to buy things that you don't need. I love going in there and telling the salespeople things they don't know. If you do your research before hand, they won't attack you and try to sell you everything. As for your CD player, you might want to go to a hi-performance car audio shop. They usually tell you what you really need and don't need.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:08 PM
Banned

they are definitly lieing. I got a new head unit like a year before I redid the whole system. Screw best buy go to sound track
Old 10-21-2002, 08:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 193 Likes on 160 Posts
I think the sales staff at these electronic chain stores are trained to say Bose won't work with anything. I had a Best buy salesman tell me the exact same thing. Maybe I should go down there and let him listen to it now.

One thing you may want to do is talk to the actual installers in the shop. Sometimes you get lucky and find someone who knows what they are talking about, or like basison said, go to a pro audio shop and talk to them.

Iggy
Old 10-22-2002, 09:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

yea, before i did my system i went around and a few people told me i had to redue everything, especially with the big chains. in the end i got a new deck and didnt need to upgrade or do any of that stuff.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:39 PM
Burning Brakes

ok heres where they screwed up.. some tl's come with a bose system that have amps on the speakers instead of on the head unit.. that makes it complicated to add a head unit because there are very few aftermarket head units without some kind of amp.. which would overpower the speakers.. now that would be why you would need to replace all "8" speakers (not 4) although most people don't worry about the top tweeters just saying that because its odd that they would say 4. the fact that they said you woud need an extra amp for the bose speakers tells me that they know absolutely NOTHING about what they are talking about and you shouldn't trust them to put a cd in let alone a cd player.. go to a sound shop.. they are sometimes more expensive but if you get a good one you'll never regret it
Old 10-22-2002, 10:44 PM
Burning Brakes

and actually that bose problem was only in the 2nd gen I'm pretty sure... anybody know?
Old 10-22-2002, 11:10 PM
Advanced

thanks a lot guyss.....and one more thing....if my tl had a bose system it would say bose on the cd player rite...cuz mine dosen't and the guy at the best buy said that he would have to open the cd player to find out...
Old 10-23-2002, 01:35 AM
Burning Brakes

.. dude that guy was a moron.. please go back there.. and slap him