Acura vs. Honda Dealers for Service?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 09:20 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura vs. Honda Dealers for Service?

I have never taken my 96 3.2TL to a Honda dealer - 1) will they work on it and 2) are they less expensive than Acura dealers?

Thanks
Old 12-30-2004, 10:28 AM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes & yes. Depending on what type of service you want them to do.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Honda Dealer is authorized to work on your Acura. However, when I owned a 96 TL 2.5, the Honda dealer did not have info on the emissions recall for my model. The Acura Dealer did. That recall saved me about $900 in repairs.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Yeah, for official recall work, it must be done at Acura.

Anything else can be done by Honda.

I get all my work done at Honda, they are less than a mile from my apartment. The Acura dealership is 30 miles away

Besides.. for $19.95 at Honda, I can get oil change, fluids topped off, wash/vacuum, car freshener and a mint
Old 12-30-2004, 02:26 PM
WDP- lovin' every minute!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
quick question...

anybody here that is a registered acura owner..i.e gone to acura.com and registered ur vehicle i would appreciate a little help.
I own a 96 TL and i entered my Vin as part of registering when i went to the recall section to my dismay i found my car was only under the ball joing recall ... my question is this owner link as accurate as that of an acura dealership or would it still be the same. I wanted to qualify for the emissions recall mind you but would like to save myself a trip down there if their gonna tell me the same thing........thanks
Old 12-30-2004, 05:21 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Originally Posted by cali2.5tl
anybody here that is a registered acura owner..i.e gone to acura.com and registered ur vehicle i would appreciate a little help.
I own a 96 TL and i entered my Vin as part of registering when i went to the recall section to my dismay i found my car was only under the ball joing recall ... my question is this owner link as accurate as that of an acura dealership or would it still be the same. I wanted to qualify for the emissions recall mind you but would like to save myself a trip down there if their gonna tell me the same thing........thanks
I think it means that it already had that problem fixed. Call the nearest Acura and ask them for a VIN check for recalls, and they'll tell you what you need to know.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Instructor

The Honda and Acura dealerships near me are owned by the same company. Therefore if you try to take your Acura to the Honda dealership they will send you to the more expensive Acura place. I'd prefer to have my work done at the Honda not only because it's cheaper but because they treat you better. If you roll into my Acura dealership with a seven year old TL with as many miles as mine it seems as if they tilt their noses up at you.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:39 AM
Hurricane Game

Originally Posted by cali2.5tl
yes, it did the same for me. i would do as Van said and call them with your specific VIN and they can look it up. they will not do the work that is out there as 'bulletins', but all the other work (recall and emissions) they must do. i can't remember, but i think you can have that owner site list the recalls, emissions, and bulletins. if not, look here as well:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...callSearch.cfm

hope this helps.