97 3.2 TL ; How much??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:05 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 97 3.2 TL ; How much??

I've only had my car for a few months and already Im thinking of selling it to buy something cheaper (maybe) that gets a lot better gas milage. I haven't done anything to it aside from change the oil a couple times and cd player.

I bought it from a used car lot... and NEEDED a car bad...so i bought it even though I think I paid a bit too much. bought it with 87k miles.. was a lease vehicle in FL until it went to auction in GA where this place bought it.

Pearl white, only a few VERY tiny dings on the whole car, no rust, interior is tan leather + wood grain. Hella clean condition inside. power seats, everything works.
kenwood DPX-302 double din cd/mp3/aux hd ready yada yada radio thats 1 week old. Replaced the front door speakers with kenwood 6 1/2's.
keyless entry....

riding with about 95k on it now. very clean in and out.

What do you all think I could expect to get resonably selling it private through forums and autotrader? Thanks!
Old 06-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Intermediate

I paid a little over $8,000 a few months ago from a dealer with 88K miles. I know I probably paid a bit high, but it was clean...

I'm looking for a 96-00 civic coupe EX or HX. Preferably 99-00 (for the front end) with a 5spd just incase anybody reading this has something they might be interested in trading.

But I can tell you right now I dont and wont have money to throw in on a trade.

anybody know how to edit your existing post so i dont have to keep replying for updates?
Old 06-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Burning Brakes

why are you asking us (people who've never seen or driven your car) what you should sell it for? go onto a site, such as KBB, and find out what a respectable private party price would be. also, if you have the stock radio around, you should put that in when you sell it and throw in the new radio as an extra. adding flashy items to your car like glow-gauges, aftermarket radios, wheels, etc., only take away from the value of the car because 95% of buyers want a car that's completely stock.

things like replacing the speakers though aren't going to hurt your value because they're not visible and it's not something the buyer is going to have to learn how to use (aftermarket head unit).

you can edit your posts but only for the first 5 minutes after you make the post. that rule kinda got me too when I first joined.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:29 AM
Intermediate

Thanks for the info about the posts and the pointer about the radio. I know I dont have pictures so it makes it harder to judge. I did go to KBB and get the quote. But sometimes due to market you can get more, or in other cases you'll never get as much as that quote.

I simply asked b/c I know the people in this forum love these cars, so I was wondering what they personally felt a car of this year and milage would be worth to them. Not really for a how much should I ask.... but how much might I expect an enthusiest <sp> to pay and find reasonable.

for example, I, along with a lot of others on honda-tech.com, love the 88-91 crx. Now KBB will tell you the car is only worth like 1k-1500... but in our eyes, depending on condition and such.... they are worth almost or at least double that. That type of price curve from the enthusiest market was my only reasons in asking here.

The same way a car might be said to be worth $7000 on KBB, but nobody wants them that bad so you'd have a hard time selling it for more than $5000.

Sorry if I annoyed anybody by asking, but for the record I wasn't asking how much to sell it for.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:56 AM
Rollin the SRT8 or my CLS

you say you werent asking how much to sell it for, yet your thread title, indicates thats what your trying to find out....anywho good luck.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:32 AM
Intermediate

since somebody said something about never seeing it.... i finally got a pic of the car.... and i have put up a FS ad on honda-tech, might put one on this forum.