96 Tl

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002 | 06:20 PM
10th Gear

96 Tl

Just bought a 96 TL. Have a few questions.

How many watts are stock stereo ?
Can I get the Steering wheel mounted radio control from CL or Honda Accord and mount it on the 96 TL ?
How do I change the differential fluid ?
Need to get a remote and how to program it ?
Old 02-26-2002 | 06:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

sup man, welcome to the board.

our stock radios are hella weak. i'm not sure about the exact wattage but i would go for an aftermarket HU. and this would solve the problem with getting the steering wheel mounted remote control. most HU's have those and you can easily mount it on the steering wheel.

as for the differntial fluid, i'm gonna have to look it up on my helm's manual. i'll get back to you on that.

and the last question about the remote...i don't know what you're talking about....are you talking about the remote for the stereo? the ones in the CL are hardwired so you can't program it.

hope that helps.
Old 02-26-2002 | 06:45 PM
Han
Instructor

I bought the door open remote at the dealer and they program it for me without extra cost.
Old 02-26-2002 | 07:27 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by Han
I bought the door open remote at the dealer and they program it for me without extra cost.
Does this remote have a trunk button ?

Thanks for replying. See the 97+ Cl has the remote keylesss entry and remote trunk. The 2001 CL-s also has it, but the remote is cool looking. My question is will any of these newer remote work with the older TL's.
Old 02-26-2002 | 07:30 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by unx979
sup man, welcome to the board.

our stock radios are hella weak. i'm not sure about the exact wattage but i would go for an aftermarket HU. and this would solve the problem with getting the steering wheel mounted remote control. most HU's have those and you can easily mount it on the steering wheel.

as for the differntial fluid, i'm gonna have to look it up on my helm's manual. i'll get back to you on that.

and the last question about the remote...i don't know what you're talking about....are you talking about the remote for the stereo? the ones in the CL are hardwired so you can't program it.

hope that helps.
No, I am talking about the keyless entry remote. Thanks for replying. About the differentail fluid, I know where the drain bolt is, but how do I re fill it.
Old 02-26-2002 | 07:36 PM
Han
Instructor

No, only open and close the door.
Old 02-26-2002 | 07:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

if you have a stock alarm then i would reccomend changing it out for a viper or somethin like that i had the stock alarm and it started acting up soo i got the viper550 alarm and remote start i love it and would reccomend it to anyone