3.5TL for a 1st GEN

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2001, 10:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 3.5TL for a 1st GEN

1. Has anyone looked into making our engines VTEC?

2. What about the 3.5 conversion deal?
Old 05-16-2001, 10:58 AM
Racer

Thumbs up

I often think about this. I mean right now my engine has about reached its output peak. The five screams at will but it could use more torque. The highway pull is great. Off the line, I can peel out , but an extra kick would be nice. I mean thats where a stick would be soooooooooo nice. Can you imagine if our car was stick!!. If you start off the line in d3, I noticed their is some extra pull, but you must soon click up to d4 and unless you are really movin, it feel like you lose the thrust from d3
.......Its all good, but ofcourse it could be faster. I saw an ad in sport compact car, I think it was for ARD performance. Well anyway, they sell like 5 Honda engines that are shipped from Japan. The one that got my attention was a 220hp six cylinder..
...I was thinking , would our car have all that much trouble with an engine swap? Especially a Honda Manufactured one, since after all our engine says Honda on it.
..... I dunno we are talking money for the engine and LABOR. My best friends step dad jus put a motor,in his CRX, so I would have a source to put it in. The money for the engine, and all the extra parts you may possibly need afterwards is what would break my wallet into pieces.
....A 3.5 liter upgrade, holy sh#t!!!!!, our car would pull fiercely. The we could probably find headers, exhaust.. We would give the new TL"S a serious run for their money then!!!!!!. And especially the damn rice tuners hopelessly zipping around these days
Old 05-16-2001, 11:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Hell yeah that would be sweet!!! Hey does anyone know how much difference there really is between our 3.2L and the 2nd Gen 3.2L engines? I know Acura decided to turn them in the 2nd Gen's TL for some reason. Wonder about all the insides?!? Hmm...think I am gonna post this in the regular forum.