1998 acura tl 2.5 OMG

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017 | 10:05 PM
1st Gear

1998 acura tl 2.5 OMG

Hi i purchased a 1998 Acura TL 2.5 in feburary drove it for 3 days took the kids to mcdonalds went to go home and no crank no start so got it towed home to Savannah ga. So needless to say bout a new starter (after it took me a week to figure out where it was located ugh) installed that still no crank no start replaced the battery and alternator paid 2 different mechanics to tell me whats wrong and they both left confused haha! Decided to move back to Cedartown Ga loaded the u haul and loaded the acura on a tow dolly for the 4 hr ride. on the way there i called the mechanic and told him im dropping off the car at his shop he looked at it the next day and said it was wanting to start but wouldnt all it would do is crank but no start wasnt getting any fire so he put a coil pack on and still no such luck so he said it needed an ignitor so he ordered one from ebay and said 4 t0 5 day delivery so needless to say it came 3 weeks later and still didnt work so by this time i was feeling i was being nickle and dimed to death so he insisted to tell me to come get it so me and my father in law chained it back to the house after paying the mechanic. then i called another mechanic and we checked everything out wasnt getting fire or fuel even after the last mechanic told me it was getting fuel so first i went and bought a fuel pump and i thought the starter was bad to put on yeah right!! got that on and put all back together and still no fuel i was like what the hell until we found a knock sensor ground wire just hanging so i took upon myself to bolt it to the firewall and it cranked right up woo hoo!!

So with that being said i cant get it to idle and/or run correctly in park and neutral it idles perfect in d4 or reverse it hits 300 to 500 rpm's put new plugs and wires PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

ANY SUGGESTIONS? I need no cost fixes

I am thinking it has jumped time slightly please any imput will be took into consideration!!!