*sigh* i was rear-ended for the 3rd time in a year

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005 | 01:10 AM
Advanced

Unhappy *sigh* i was rear-ended for the 3rd time in a year

so on wednesday, i got rear-ended yet again. does anyone else have this kind of luck(or lack thereof)? anyways, ive gotten two estimates so far, one was from a friend's repair shop and the other was a place my dad recommended. the one from my friend came out to be $1311.57 and the other was $1410.xx. i'm sure glad i dont have to pay for it.

about 1 block away from a stoplight in a construction zone, it goes from 2 lanes to 1. the girl that ran into me and i were both in the left lane with about 10 cars ahead of us, and the right lane was the one that was closed ahead. this other dickhead thought he was evil kenievel and kept trying to get in between the girl and i. the girl didnt want this to happen and decided speed up so she could ride my ass to prevent it from happening. the stoplight turned red and everyone slowed down. she was either daydreaming or paying attention to the other guy and while i was slowing down i looked in my mirror saw her coming towards me way faster than she should have and i thought "oh shit not again", a split second later, BAMMM SCREECH. i didnt run into the guy in front of me and i am very glad i didnt. we both got out exchanged info, i called my dad and he said to call the cops, i called the cops, filed a report and went on with life.

i really wish this shit wouldnt happen, i dont get how people can run into the back of others...even though i may speed(5-10mph over) i NEVER follow too close.

i'll post pics tomorrow if i remember...
Old 03-19-2005 | 01:42 AM
Safety Car

Was she hot? If so, ask her if you can rear end her sometime and call it even. Sorry I couldn't help it.

I myself believe in a car having bad luck and If I were you, I'd get rid of the car but thats just me. I have a friend who had a 2nd gen TL and he has had super bad luck with the car. His last straw was when he got into a fender bender with another car. The other car had 3 guys and 1 girl...the girl was the driver. As he went to her car to exchange info, one guy got out of the girls car, went to his car and jacked his tv screens and dvd player....AND GOT AWAY! LOL Now he's rollin in a GS all kitted out on DUB.
Old 03-19-2005 | 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by TLBaller
Was she hot? If so, ask her if you can rear end her sometime and call it even.
Old 03-19-2005 | 08:35 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by TLBaller
Was she hot? If so, ask her if you can rear end her sometime and call it even. Sorry I couldn't help it.

I myself believe in a car having bad luck and If I were you, I'd get rid of the car but thats just me. I have a friend who had a 2nd gen TL and he has had super bad luck with the car. His last straw was when he got into a fender bender with another car. The other car had 3 guys and 1 girl...the girl was the driver. As he went to her car to exchange info, one guy got out of the girls car, went to his car and jacked his tv screens and dvd player....AND GOT AWAY! LOL Now he's rollin in a GS all kitted out on DUB.
@ Was she hot? If so, ask her if you can rear end her sometime and call it even.

About "I'd get rid of the car" why would you get rid of a car just because it supposedly has bad luck??? Sorry to hear about your friend's 2nd Gen... that would have sucked... some people are just bastards... but i guess thats why i carry... n/m

That sucks to be in that kind of situation... just keep your head up and it will pass in no time... BTW: ask her what TLBaller said...
Old 03-19-2005 | 05:37 PM
Advanced

lol, no she wasn't hot...
Old 03-19-2005 | 06:17 PM
Banned

... and i thought "oh shit not again", a split second later, BAMMM SCREECH........
funny the way you put it lol

sorry about the accident dude.

shit like this happens when fucking people act like they got their heads up their asses - in this case the guy trying to cut in and the girl not letting it. :shakehead These people should be put into gas chambers
Old 03-19-2005 | 06:51 PM
Advanced

well, here are the pics i promised:

heh, went a little crazy with the filters in photoshop

edit: does anyone know how there's moisture in my taillight? or how i could get it out of there?
Old 03-19-2005 | 07:03 PM
Registered Driver

I'm pretty sure to get rid of the moisture you have to put a new seal in the taillight, from what I understand at least.

The price to repair is so high because of having to fix the trunk right? I need to get some repair work done and was curious.
Old 03-21-2005 | 05:30 PM
giggity giggity giggity

Take out the taillight but be careful, the screws are very VERY prone to stripping. There should be a rubber gasket around the tail where the plugs and bulbs are. Just take it off and get all the dirt and whatever off of it (you will see it when you have it off) and put it back on. My tail hasn't fogged/trunk been wet since.
Old 03-22-2005 | 04:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by UnsanePyro
I'm pretty sure to get rid of the moisture you have to put a new seal in the taillight, from what I understand at least.

The price to repair is so high because of having to fix the trunk right? I need to get some repair work done and was curious.
well it breaks down like this: parts+parts adjustments = $758.36($525 for new bumper cover/ whole bumper assembly, and $183 for parts adjustments(line markup 35% idk what that means)), 8.4 hrs of labor=$439.99(3.6@$26/hr for paint+clear coat, 3.0@$60/hr for frame, and 1.8@$46/hr for body), and additional costs=113.21(paint)

so all together, thats $1311.56. like i said earlier, im sure glad i dont have to pay for this