Quick question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quick question.

Hello all, new owner of a 98 3.5RL here.
Looking for aftermarket tuner stuff, where do you buy parts for these cars??

(Intake, coil overs, exhausts, HID/projectors, headlights, wheels/tires etc).

Any links to who stocks this stuff?? (TIA).
Old 08-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Do some searches. There is a whole section dedicated to suspension. Plenty of info if you are willing to do a little leg work. Good luck!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mod parts for this car are hard to find because, at least in america, the people who bought these cars weren't the type of people who would buy intakes and fart cans and stuff. So you have to get the parts from other cars.

In quick and basic form, here's what I know, if anything is wrong someone can correct me . this is all stuff you can find specifics about other places on this RL forum and others.

Intake: 91-95 Acura Legend w/ TCS is a direct fit.

Suspension: 04-08 Acura TSX coilover is a close fit, needs #5 washer to space the rears. Whatever you buy must retain use of OEM top hats.

If you want suspension from a Legend prepare to go junkyard diving. you need parts from the legend to make suspension parts fit.

exhaust: just weld on a universal muffler, as far as I know RL exhaust piping is near impossible to find.

You can find a lot of RL specific parts from Japan but shipping will be a lot.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:24 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the responses guys.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Don't get the aftermarket intake for this car, and don't ask why lol. The OEM air box is designed for the efficiency of the car. Trust me, I had short ram and CAI on my RL and the MPG dropped a lots! I guarantee you once you get it installed, you always want to step on the gas because the sound of an aftermarket intake made is so tempting lol. Just remove the stock intake resonator, and you car will come alive!

HID/projectors: Dude, check out my post. I think I'm the only person who have projector headlight for a 96-98. It's going to cost some $$$ and labor, a lots!

Exhaust: I got a Magnaflow and I took it off after a month. It was so damn loud, however, I plan to reinstall it with a aftermarket resonator. Any muffler with the same diameter as the stock pipe will fit, you want to pay attention to the tips. So you won't melt your lower bumper!

Body Kit: Wings West is the only lip kit you can get in the state without waiting 6 months lol.

Do I miss any thing else.