New R.L owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 07:16 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New R.L owner

Hello guys im new to the forum but i have many questions and hope you guys can help. first i have a 96 r.l premium with 160k on it so far ive only replaced the rack and pinion and right tie rod end which all together set me back $1090, the premium edition says that i have to put gasoline with 93 octane or higher well ive been putting in regular 87 my check engine light is now on and hasnt gone off even after i switched to 93 octane did an oil change and replaced the air filter, could i have damaged something else?
2.im hearing a slight whirring sound coming from the back when i drive, it increases as my speed increases any idea on what this could be?
3. please tell me how do i replace my lights on my instrument panell they are going dim in some places
4.i have 19'' diablo lion hart black on black with a chrome lip on my car and ive blacked out the tail lights, but i cant find any gto headight covers for the front does anyone know where i can get them from?
and you guys seem to know your stuff with these acuras is my car even worth keeping to hook up since it has high miles? i have no body damage it runs great no interior damage i mean the dam thing is just amazing i was thinking of selling it for $3500 to exchange for a lincoln navigator is that to much for a car with this many miles? any responces welcome. thanks a bunch guys
Old 04-29-2007, 09:22 PM
9th Gear

Hello Mr. Sinister!
I am a new RL owner too with a '98 with 120K miles. Aside from making sure the timing belt was changed around 100K miles, the doesn't seem to be any major issues with the car.

From what I read it is not uncommong for the ABS wheel sensors to crap out (like mine) but for now I will just drive it with the light on. My car has gone thru 2 sets of lower ball joints( service records are great!)and will need a third in the near future due to a torn boot

Go to autozone and have them pull the code to see why the check engine light is on...it's free because they will want to sell you parts! The whirring from the wheel could be from the tire, or the brake. jack the car up and spin the wheel and listen for the sound.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Noooooooooo!!!!

Originally Posted by mr.sinister
Hello guys im new to the forum but i have many questions and hope you guys can help. first i have a 96 r.l premium with 160k on it so far ive only replaced the rack and pinion and right tie rod end which all together set me back $1090, the premium edition says that i have to put gasoline with 93 octane or higher well ive been putting in regular 87 my check engine light is now on and hasnt gone off even after i switched to 93 octane did an oil change and replaced the air filter, could i have damaged something else?
2.im hearing a slight whirring sound coming from the back when i drive, it increases as my speed increases any idea on what this could be?
3. please tell me how do i replace my lights on my instrument panell they are going dim in some places
4.i have 19'' diablo lion hart black on black with a chrome lip on my car and ive blacked out the tail lights, but i cant find any gto headight covers for the front does anyone know where i can get them from?
and you guys seem to know your stuff with these acuras is my car even worth keeping to hook up since it has high miles? i have no body damage it runs great no interior damage i mean the dam thing is just amazing i was thinking of selling it for $3500 to exchange for a lincoln navigator is that to much for a car with this many miles? any responces welcome. thanks a bunch guys
You're not going to find any headlight covers for the RL.

Relax, you're RL is fine and is well worth the investment.