New to AcuraZine And issue with car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 03:08 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to AcuraZine And issue with car?

Hello everyone! im new to the forums and i just gotten my first car and 2001 Acura RL as a graduation gift from my mother. It currently have 143,xxx miles on it and I do not know anything on how to work on this car! There is a crap load of problems of this car also since my mother bought it 4 years ago with 141k miles on it and held it for my graduation. The car is amazing and feels sooo smoooth (this is my second car i drove so i wouldn't know the difference on other cars) but while i was admiring my rims, i noticed something and looked behind it. i found this on the front driver side

and this on my front passender side

i dont know if i should be worried or not about these
Old 07-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Yes, you should be worry about them because they're your inner tie rods, which steer your car. The ripped boots will cause the grease inside the ball joints to leak or can cause power steering fluid to leak, which will affect your steering. Worst, if that socket completely detaches from the joint, you will lose all steering ability of your car. Dangerous if that happens at any speed.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Cash Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
^^ What he said.

I would also try to get this fixed as soon as possible. It's okay that you don't know much about cars, but you want to make sure that everything is running smoothly before you cause yourself more trouble. In fact, I would have a trusted mechanic go over the entire vehicle and let you know about any issues. If you want to you can share the results with us and we can advise you on what to do next......just an idea.

Good luck
Old 07-01-2013, 05:27 PM
5th Gear

i went to autozone and they asked about an inner or outer boot. and it would be costing me about 29.99 + tax for each one. the first owner of the car was my sister husband and his family has been building and fixing salvaged integras and civics. so ill probably have him do it for me if he can. one other problem i noticed is that the VSA, ABS and an exclamation mark is on. I dont know if i should be concerned about it or not. But i noticed that when i pressed on the brake mild-hard it has this pulsing feedback at me. the car or wheel isn't shaking so i dont think its the rotors. but one day the ABS light wasn't there and the pulsating feel on the pedal wasn't there, then the light came back on and the pulsing returned. (sorry, if this is alot of questions/concerns about my car. its the first car and i want it running as good as possible.)
Old 07-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would definitely get the braking system looked at. It's a major safety concerned! Your abs and that pulsing feeding back from ur brake pedals should only occur when it's slippery outside and ur tires are slipping.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:10 PM
5th Gear

http://m.autozone.com/autozone-mobil...o1zt?id=605609

Which one of these should I get for the boot?

And I'll probably have the dealership look at the ABS
Old 07-16-2013, 01:24 PM
5th Gear

Hi TKNguyen,

The guys that replied to your questions were nice enough to gave you some good helpful advice.

I hope that next time you ask a question, you start with "thanks for your help ..."

Just a suggestion.