Help with Nav system code.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:30 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Nav system code.

Hello All,

Glad I found this place. I never even knew it existed. Short story, We have/had a 1998 RL that we have had for close to 12 years, LOVED the car. Our daughter was using it and she had it parked at her job. A delivery truck backed into it and now it is totaled per the insurance company. It was very well taken care of, but now it will be going away.

My wife loved the car, basically it was her car. We sought out another used RL and found a nice 2004. We are the 3rd owners and the person we bought it from didnt have the owners manual or any of the documentation for the car. She did have the stereo code, so we are ok there. She never used the Nav system because it needed a CD. I ordered the CD, it boots up but immediately wants the code entered.

Please help us figure out how to get the code.

Thanks
Pat
Old 07-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Congratulations on your new 2004 RL, those are are very nice! So, I think the only option you have for your navigation code would be to take it to the dealer. Though, they may have to take the navigation system out to check the back or something and plug in a reader.

If you find another way to get your code, I'm sure everyone would love to hear it. Good luck!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I know on my TL it was a sticker on the side of the glove box. May be the same for yours?
Old 07-16-2012, 10:37 PM
7th Gear

Thanks Earl

Thanks for the quick reply. I did some searching on this site and so far no luck. I did find a referral to "myacura.com". I did enter our car VIN # and the nav system s/n (as found on the CD drive. I entered the numbers on that site and no luck.

I looked at 2 fuse holder covers, and the glove compartment was closely examined.....all no luck.

I get the feeling that Acura may charge us up to $ 125.00 to get the code, is that really true?

Thanks
Pat
Old 07-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by CabezonBD
Thanks for the quick reply. I did some searching on this site and so far no luck. I did find a referral to "myacura.com". I did enter our car VIN # and the nav system s/n (as found on the CD drive. I entered the numbers on that site and no luck.

I looked at 2 fuse holder covers, and the glove compartment was closely examined.....all no luck.

I get the feeling that Acura may charge us up to $ 125.00 to get the code, is that really true?

Thanks
Pat
You got it. Acura charged my dad's mdx $130 for the nav. You might want to check between the steering wheel and the column it connected to because thats where the mdx sticker are located. You need to turn the steering wheel from one side to the another in order to see it. Good luck.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:43 PM
7th Gear

I called the local Acura Dealer in Los Gatos. The service center investigated the s/n of the nav system and vin # of the car and now we have an operational GPS.....very nice as our older RL had a nav system and we used it a lot more than we ever expected.

Very nice and great service for Los Gatos Acura to provide that info free of charge. They will get my business in the future when we need them.