Hi all, first post & going with Yoko Para SpexC for my 07 RDX

Old 03-26-2015, 06:07 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, first post & going with Yoko Para SpexC for my 07 RDX

Hello everyone. I've viewed these forums several times and finally joined. Did a bunch of searches on tires and got a lot of good info. So wanted to say thanks.

Love my 2007 Acura RDX Tech in Carbon Gray Pearl, but man its cursed. Don't get me wrong-the car has done me solid. Drives like a sedan and handles great in any weather which is the norm here in NY not to mention potholes.

I drive semi-reg but use the subway. Do about 8K a year. I'm at 50K miles and on my 3rd set of tires. I drive really fast and hard. On the first set I got a bubble and a screw in 2 tires and replaced the first set with the 3 OEM tires. Painful because of the markup on the Michelin MXM Pilots. I have a slow leak in one and another bubble from a pothole I think.

Just got into an accident that wasn't my fault. I was ian the outside lane of a two lane left turn lane and the guy on the inside lane assumed it was a single turn lane and turned wide. Lots of oblivious drivers do that here in NY but it was a Pathfinder cab so I assumed the guy new what he was doing. Tried to react but he hit me with his right front fender in my left rear passenger door and tire. Did minimal damage to me, but he sent me sliding over a luckily low standing trianle median. Could've done serious suspenion damage as I was sliding sideways due to the speed (~35moh) and sheer force he hit me with. Just had it fixed recently over the summer after a hit and run a-hole gacked the entire length of my RDX and gouged a tear clear through the sheet metal from fender to quarter lanel right in the middle along the right side. Lovely. So, heh. Cursed. Hadn't been in a accident since 1996 unless you count the tree I took out in my M1A1 while in the Army. :-)

Anyway, I have settled on repalcing all the tires with Yokohama Parada Spec-X. Was considering other tires such as the Continetal DWS, Yokohama YK580, Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus, or Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas. Just wanted to say thanks for all the input and and experiences with tires everyone has shared.

I put on some EBC performance rotors and EBC Yellow pads, and it was a huge difference over the stock brakes. Night and day. Highly recommend doing that. Ordering the tires from tire Rack tonight along with K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake, Sparco Strut Tower brace, Vanguard Rear Bumper Grille Guard, and getting the OEM Body Side Molding-got a little ding on the door and it looks like the side molding will protect it and cover it.