Review camara not clear

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 10:19 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review camara not clear

Hello all... the review camera view is kinda fuzzy and unclear comparing to my wife's RX330. Just wondering if anybody else feel the same problem.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:57 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have nothing to compare it to. Other than seeing what is directly behind you and almost under your bumper - and seeing cars coming from the sides when backing out of a parking spot, I don't rely on mine too much.
It takes a while to come on when you start the car... that is my only gripe.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:16 PM
Instructor

A lot of us have complained about the camera. Apparently this is what it is.

I am comparing it to an 04 MDX, and was expecting the RDX to be the same. Sadly it is not. We also replaced our 04 MDX with an 07 MDX and the camera is the same as the RDX.

I am wondering if it is the camera, which may be replaceable or the display which is a big problem if it is.

All that we can do is complain to our dealers in the hopes that either Acura can do something for us or that they improve it in the future models. Tell them that this is not what we expected, because they already had given us owners something on previous models that was acceptable!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought mine was unclear so I cleaned the camera and that made a big difference (for me at least). I just wish they had a way to use the camera when you are in park so you can see what the guy behind you is doing as he pulls into the spot behind you.

My daughter said it ought to work when driving so that you could take the photo of the license plate in back of you when they are tailgating you. lol
Old 04-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Instructor

???Mine is very clear.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rpeete
I thought mine was unclear so I cleaned the camera and that made a big difference (for me at least). I just wish they had a way to use the camera when you are in park so you can see what the guy behind you is doing as he pulls into the spot behind you.

My daughter said it ought to work when driving so that you could take the photo of the license plate in back of you when they are tailgating you. lol

What did you clean it with? I don't use the camera much. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me, I still park the old fashion way.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rpeete

Also, I wish they had video cameras in front and back recording while driving. You can't see what is being recorded while driving but you can review the last few hours for accidents and traffic violation. I got this idea after I was stopped by a Chicago cop. Not sure they are consider real cops.

2 days after I got my RDX I was stopped by a chicago cop. He said I went through a red light, but the light was a solid green so I didn't know what he was talking about. I know the light was green because I was just waiting for it to turn green from stopping at red. I had to get a lawyer and I'm still not sure what the cop was trying to pull. So, every since than I been wanting a camera to record video and telementry information.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Advanced

I just cleaned it with a damp cloth...

I am sure there is a way to install a 'shunt' that would split off the video feed to another device that could do the recording part of that. Adding a front-facing camera can be done too.

I had a friend who brought his laptop into the car with a simple web cam device. He put the web cam on his dashboard and went driving. It worked surprisingly well but at the quality he was recording at, he used up several gigabytes of disk space for about 1/2 hour of recording...

Check out X10.com -- you could probably find a wireless camera that would transmit to a receiver in the backseat that was connected to a VCR powered from one of your power ports in the RDX. lol

It's fun coming up with interesting solutions. Oh what a geek I am!