Many problems at 1 year

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many problems at 1 year

We have had many problems with our 2007 RDX:

1. Engine warning light would trigger - Required over 15 days in the shop of repairs including electrical rewiring

2. Transmission heat shield fell off - Had to be replaced

3. Passenger side door/floor lighting panel fell off/cracked

4. CD/DVD player broken - ate 6 disks for breakfast

Has anyone else had this many problems with a new Acura at 1 year?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 PM
B A N N E D

Sorry to hear about your problems, but some others have had SH-AWD replacements, that heat shield rattling, Airbag lights, battery's draining due to something wrong with the Amp for the sound system not "sleeping", dashboards rattling, falling apart, passenger airbag covers showing lines, Airbag lights, not starting at all, etc...
You're not alone.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:07 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude.have them replace the whoel car...
Old 11-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Instructor

Had mine 9 months and not one of the problems listed in the two previous post. knock on wood!!
Old 11-08-2007, 03:12 PM
2007 RDX CGP/Taupe

Owned mine for 8 months and the only problems have been two rattles. One is the rear cargo area and one in the dash. Both have appeared only recently and plan to have the dealership fix at my next oil change at the end of this month.

From listening to others on this board it sounds like the problems you have encountered are above and beyond the problems others have had. I wouldn't necessarily call your car a lemon but maybe a bad build.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:25 PM
07 MDX Base

My 08 RDX has something loose in the wires or something. I have the automatic lock set where when you drive, the car doors lock. But once in a while, the car would automatically lock again even though the car is locked.

My RDX is at the dealership right now (3 days) and they are still looking into it.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AbovePrime.
Sorry to hear about your problems, but some others have had SH-AWD replacements, that heat shield rattling, Airbag lights, battery's draining due to something wrong with the Amp for the sound system not "sleeping", dashboards rattling, falling apart, passenger airbag covers showing lines, Airbag lights, not starting at all, etc...
You're not alone.

How do you know this? Are there threads here that discuss SH-AWD replacements? If so, please post a link.

I've seen some comments about repairs of irritating sounds being attributable to heat shield rattling.

Airbag lights are often normal, since the passenger airbag light "off" indicator is working as designed when it's on. If you are referring to other issues with airbag lights, please post a link or reference.

Dashboard rattling stories here have been traced to articles in the glove box... what is YOUR reference?

What is FALLING APART, and where is your reference?

In fact, where are your references for ANY of what you claim to be true?
Old 11-08-2007, 06:14 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by ACURascal
How do you know this? Are there threads here that discuss SH-AWD replacements? If so, please post a link.

I've seen some comments about repairs of irritating sounds being attributable to heat shield rattling.

Airbag lights are often normal, since the passenger airbag light "off" indicator is working as designed when it's on. If you are referring to other issues with airbag lights, please post a link or reference.

Dashboard rattling stories here have been traced to articles in the glove box... what is YOUR reference?

What is FALLING APART, and where is your reference?

In fact, where are your references for ANY of what you claim to be true?
SH-AWD problems
SH-AWD problems (more than one in this thread)
The airbag lights we're due to low voltage, as far as I know.(I'm not posting the link, there is no need)
DASHBOARD
DASHBOARD
DASHBOARD

Rattles
Rattles
Rattles
Rattles
Rattles
Rattles
Rattles
Creaking
CLAIM, PLEASE!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Instructor

SH-AWD problems
SH-AWD problems (more than one in this thread)
NEITHER of these two links are about an SH-AWD REPLACEMENT. One is about a REAR DIFFERENTIAL replacement, which was done to resolve an SH-AWD failure indicator. The second is about a SH-AWD computer component replacement that was done to correct another similar failure light. Both of these were likely component failure in the SH-AWD controllers.

So, again, what is your reference about SH-AWD (transmission) REPLACEMENTS?

The airbag lights we're due to low voltage, as far as I know.(I'm not posting the link, there is no need)
The passenger airbag light indicator in the RDX being on is operation as designed.

The first two of these threads are about a minor apparent dashboard separation issue in which the dash "appeared" to have insulation or another component showing behind it. There is a casual reference to an unknown rattle which seemed to be coming from the middle of the dash in ONE of these threads but that reference wasn't even made by the thread author.

Another is about being able to see the airbag deployment window behind the passenger side of the dashboard after the dashboard was indented by pressure over the airbag depoloyment window, probably by over-zealous cleaning pressure.

So, again, where are your references to the dashboard rattling, and where is your reference to the Dashboard "FALLING APART?" Are you saying that the "dashboards rattling" reference is this ONE?

So, just to be sure, all of your blowhard hype boils down to THESE references? I just wanted to be sure, so that I know how little credibility you have or how much. Your overblown sense of drama is likely what leads you to such disdain on this board, because you're so willing to sacrifice truth for your sense of self-serving drama.

Why you? Because you have such a low regard for reality, and actually reflecting the truth.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:14 PM
B A N N E D

Stop speculating acurascal
NO.
That's all I have to say.

Oh yeah and @ your whole response, really.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Instructor

NO.
That's all I have to say.

Oh yeah and @ your whole response, really.
You know, it's only because I've come to expect so little from you that your response really doesn't surprise me at all.

While so many Acurazine posters try to be a resource and would never post anything so divergent from the truth as you clearly love to do, you -- clearly -- enjoy being a source of misinformation, hype, and blowhard rhetoric.

That's a shame, because it diminishes the value of this board as a resource for people who have important concerns and issues.

When you say that you have evidence of people who have had "SH-AWD REPLACEMENTS" and dashboards "falling apart," and disingenuous references to problems with safety items like airbags, those statements stick with you.

Nothing that you can say afterwards can erase those things except your admission that you're not being complete forthright about what you say.

If you continue to be unwilling to do that, your usefulness on this board is limited.

Limited use = USELESS.

ACURascal
Old 11-08-2007, 11:59 PM
B A N N E D

You know, it's only because I've come to expect so little from you that your response really doesn't surprise me at all.

While so many Acurazine posters try to be a resource and would never post anything so divergent from the truth as you clearly love to do, you -- clearly -- enjoy being a source of misinformation, hype, and blowhard rhetoric.

That's a shame, because it diminishes the value of this board as a resource for people who have important concerns and issues.

When you say that you have evidence of people who have had "SH-AWD REPLACEMENTS" and dashboards "falling apart," and disingenuous references to problems with safety items like airbags, those statements stick with you.

Nothing that you can say afterwards can erase those things except your admission that you're not being complete forthright about what you say.

If you continue to be unwilling to do that, your usefulness on this board is limited.

Limited use = USELESS.

ACURascal
You're just not worth a real response, I'm done with you, I got what I wanted from you, thanks.

Reliability is not all its cracked up to on these RDX's, sorry to hear your problems, hopefully you don't have anymore, or a problem big enough to warrant a lemon law buyback.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Instructor

Great. I can't help but think that the fewer posts we get from you, the better.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:19 AM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by RDXMemphis
We have had many problems with our 2007 RDX:

1. Engine warning light would trigger - Required over 15 days in the shop of repairs including electrical rewiring

2. Transmission heat shield fell off - Had to be replaced

3. Passenger side door/floor lighting panel fell off/cracked

4. CD/DVD player broken - ate 6 disks for breakfast

Has anyone else had this many problems with a new Acura at 1 year?
why havent you pushed for an Acura buy-back? or if you have, what was the outcome? clearly, these are some rare if not lemon-style problems...lease or own?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:11 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
had the tranny cover rattle, and had the "courtesy" light cover fall off. other than that good to go for over a year!
Old 11-09-2007, 03:46 PM
07 MDX Base

Originally Posted by benlee78
My 08 RDX has something loose in the wires or something. I have the automatic lock set where when you drive, the car doors lock. But once in a while, the car would automatically lock again even though the car is locked.

My RDX is at the dealership right now (3 days) and they are still looking into it.
Just got my RDX back. Here's a summary from the dealership:

Checked connector, found that the connector had been miswired. Pins 7 and 8 had been switched on C551 on the body harness side. Removed pins and reinstalled in correct holes... Door locks operate correctly.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:49 PM
B A N N E D

Just got my RDX back. Here's a summary from the dealership:
Acura really shows that the RDX is built in america, I think a tech also said these RDX's, like other Acura's have major lapses in worksmanship from the factory.
Maybe this will be the last problem.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Instructor

Ok.. you never learn.

WHICH tech said that "these RDX's (sic), like other Acura's (sic) have major lapses in workmanship from the factory"

Please provide the reference of a credible tech (presumably an Acura tech) who said this.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:34 AM
B A N N E D

Ok.. you never learn.

WHICH tech said that "these RDX's (sic), like other Acura's (sic) have major lapses in workmanship from the factory"

Please provide the reference of a credible tech (presumably an Acura tech) who said this.
I have nothing to prove to YOU.

I think I the OP and many others that Acura has lapses in build quality, I mean WTF miswiring a door lock, what do you call that?
Read the MDX forum's, they have left fasteners off, vents are falling out etc..

What makes you think I would give you any info on who I talk to?
hahahaha.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Instructor

I have nothing to prove to YOU.

I think I the OP and many others that Acura has lapses in build quality, I mean WTF miswiring a door lock, what do you call that?
Read the MDX forum's, they have left fasteners off, vents are falling out etc..

What makes you think I would give you any info on who I talk to?
hahahaha.
Is your mommy or daddy home? Please call one of them to the phone.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:12 AM
B A N N E D

Is your mommy or daddy home? Please call one of them to the phone.

I would but they don't live here, we don't to upgrade our long distance calling plan anyway, thanks for the offer, though.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:08 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by MMike1981
why havent you pushed for an Acura buy-back? or if you have, what was the outcome? clearly, these are some rare if not lemon-style problems...lease or own?
We own but the problem is that no one issue has required 3 repair visits to qualify it as a lemon. They simply will not honor a buy-back or lemon policy.

I think on the last repair they just disabled my engine light problem to prevent it from coming on to prevent a lemon return.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
It has nothing to do where the car is built. why don't you compare RDX with other cars in this price range, and you will find out that RDX is better than most of them.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:37 PM
07 MDX Base

After picking up the car yesterday from the dealership, I went back today thinking I had another issue. When you set the switch mirror controls to the left and drive in reverse, the left mirror automatically moves downward giving a lower view. I thought this was another loose wire or something but the service dept. representative explained that this was a tool to see that you dont hit your tires on a curb or something. He mentioned some models have both mirrors adjusting downwards. But for my 08 RDX base, its only on the left mirror.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:25 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
shouldnt it be the right mirror, not left?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Acuras since 1988

22000 miles here, no problems at all, except the radio had to be replaced. No big deal, no complaints. I'm keeping mine. I think some folks here are exagerating
Old 11-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by neo1738
Yes, it is supposed to be the right (passenger) mirror that tilts in reverse.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:20 AM
07 MDX Base

Talking

Originally Posted by neo1738
Neo, your right!. I meant right, not left.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Intermediate

Ok my 07 is doing that and i did not think anything of it. I will be taking it to the dealer when i get my oil change at 15% now and have them look at that. Thanks! 27,000 + miles on my 07 RDX!! Let us know what they come up with!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chipt911
Yes, it is supposed to be the right (passenger) mirror that tilts in reverse.

Move the mirror switch to the right mirror and mirror should tilt.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:41 PM
07 MDX Base

Originally Posted by JJog23
Ok my 07 is doing that and i did not think anything of it. I will be taking it to the dealer when i get my oil change at 15% now and have them look at that. Thanks! 27,000 + miles on my 07 RDX!! Let us know what they come up with!!!
JJog23,

This has been resolved a few days ago. Check my previous posts for the details.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Intermediate

No problems except piant quality

15000 km and working great. I am not happy with my paint as the plastic bumpers are a different colour than the rest of the vehicle. Really stands out in certain light. Any recomendations on the Paint??Colour is red
Old 11-16-2007, 09:12 PM
07 MDX Base

Yesterday, the passenger door wouldnt open from the inside but was able to open it from the outside. I think what happened was when a coworker opened the door to leave, I pushed the unlock button at the same time which caused something to jam the door. Sent the RDX today to the dealership and had it fixed the same day but will pick it up tommorow. Got a TSX as a loaner and drove it for the first time. Not too bad but would prefer the TL over it.

This is my second issue with my RDX, but still enjoy it.