Electrical issue? Hello everyone! I need some advice 2008 Acura RDX (155K)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 07:32 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical issue? Hello everyone! I need some advice 2008 Acura RDX (155K)

Hello everyone!

I need some advice.

I have a 2008 Acura RDX (155K miles) that I purchased a few months ago.

About 2 weeks, the car wanted to shut off a few times while driving it. I was able to give it a little gas to keep it from shutting off completely although it did reset the dash and navigation/radio system. It acted like the car did shut off and when I turned it back on, I actually had to re-enter the codes to reinstate the navigation system and the radio.

Fast forward to today:

The car didn't want to start. It was completely dead!

I waited 10 mins and it started up right away.

I was driving it to a mechanic and the car started doing the same thing as mentioned above but this time it was like every few mins that it wanted to shut off.

The mechanic was not able to diagnose it as his electrical expert was off today but he did see the dash board lights flickering and agrees that it is an electrical issue.

Does anyone know what this is and should I bring to an Acura, Honda or private shop?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 229 Likes on 204 Posts
Have you looked at your battery terminals? They are prone to corrosion in this car, and at a certain point it will be difficult to maintain a connection. Mine exhibited similar symptoms and eventually we just replaced the entire positive terminal.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
Definitely check battery connections both on the battery and at the other end of the battery connection wires. There have been instances where the battery connection wires have either corroded and/or completly disconnected. Again need to check both ends.