Dead Battery 3 x already

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Dead Battery 3 x already

Dealer just replaced my battery 6 mos ago under warranty and they also found out that my bluetooth draws power so replaced it under warranty also.

Last week my car battery died, no light, cant unlock door using remote. Dealer told me my battery is still good and they dont want to replace it again, so now im thinking to buy a new battery. I heard a good review on Duralast Gold and Optima battery. I really like the Optima redtop but the price is too high compare to Duralast Gold. I checked Amazon and redtop is $184. free shipping but this morning i saw a coupon plus free delivery so i wanted to share it here just in case you are shopping for battery also..

Optima Redtop $154, free shipping

Here's the image..
The following users liked this post:
Mr Marco (10-05-2011)
Old 10-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Thanks! Nice price. I just might get one myself before mine goes this winter (had some slow cranking last winter).
Old 10-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R*D*X*
Dealer just replaced my battery 6 mos ago under warranty and they also found out that my bluetooth draws power so replaced it under warranty also.

Last week my car battery died, no light, cant unlock door using remote. Dealer told me my battery is still good and they dont want to replace it again, so now im thinking to buy a new battery. I heard a good review on Duralast Gold and Optima battery. I really like the Optima redtop but the price is too high compare to Duralast Gold. I checked Amazon and redtop is $184. free shipping but this morning i saw a coupon plus free delivery so i wanted to share it here just in case you are shopping for battery also..

Optima Redtop $154, free shipping

Here's the image..
Why pay $154 when your battery is still under warranty, to my knowledge you only get original 4year/ unlimited mileage even if they replace your battery, so if you are under 4 year, use that to your advantage, i don't think its your battery, it may be your alternator.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by hotbryan333
Why pay $154 when your battery is still under warranty, to my knowledge you only get original 4year/ unlimited mileage even if they replace your battery, so if you are under 4 year, use that to your advantage, i don't think its your battery, it may be your alternator.
Hi, i decided to pay $154 to avoid the hassle of calling for jump start, i even requested them to tow my RDX to the nearest dealer so they could checked my battery... they couldnt see any problem with the OEM battery they said they will just charge the battery overnight.

Anyways, i just wanna update this thread in regards to Optima Red Top Battery,, Getting higher CCA battery didnt solved my problem, my redtop battery went dead 5 mos after the purchase. Something is draining RDX battery and if you dont start your car for more than 5 days your battery will be dead.

Advance auto parts replaced my battery but i decided to get the yellow optima instead of red... so far so good and i think the yellow battery is more suitable to my RDX coz it has a deep cycling and high CCA while red top only have high CCA...

To those of you who are interested of getting Optima battery, i would recommend the yellow instead of red!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-23-2012, 12:49 PM
BU
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Get a Battery Tender so you can keep it charge when you are not driving.

My Optima Yellow Top just went complete dead after 4 years+.
Not taking any charge again.

BU
Old 04-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by BU
Get a Battery Tender so you can keep it charge when you are not driving.

My Optima Yellow Top just went complete dead after 4 years+.
Not taking any charge again.

BU
Thanks for the advice... BTW did you used your yellow top battery in RDX?