09 RDX interior dome lights/ garage door opener not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 03:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 RDX interior dome lights/ garage door opener not working

hey all
my wife reported to me some issues with her 09 RDX.
the interior lights (front and back) stopped coming on when opening doors. the lights on the ceiling you can press to make them come on (map lights?) dont come on when pressing. the garage door opening function stopped working.
this all happened at the same time.
im aware of the main swtiches on the overhead cluster that allow you to turn the lights on and off in response to doors opening. i messed around with the switch, didnt seem to help in any position. are there any secret or out of the way switches? thing is, she wouldnt have switched any of these switches.
i checked the fuses that seemed to make any sense and they were fine. i think they were #14 on interior panel and #22 on the engine bay panel. plus i checked a bunch of others just in case i got lucky.
what does still work is the blue courtesy lights that are in that map light/moon roof switch/light switch cluster. the moon roof switch works fine. the first time i looked at the problem, it was night and i think i recall a little red LED coming on when i pressed the garage door button.
there is an aftermarket remote starter installed on the car that works normally. i only add that because the sensor is on the windshield up near the cluster, and the wiring for it goes into the cluster (from what i remember) and to wherever it goes
what can i check next?
really seems like this isnt a fuse issue, but im open to suggestions. supposed to be warmer outside tomorrow, i may just check every single fuse.
thanks in advance
Old 02-09-2018, 04:05 PM
CSmoney28

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Buy a fuse tester and check all three of the fuse boxes two under the hood and one under the dash. If that doesn’t work take it back to the place that installed the aftermarket parts. Most likely they messed something up wiring your vehicle.

Originally Posted by gnojham
hey all
my wife reported to me some issues with her 09 RDX.
the interior lights (front and back) stopped coming on when opening doors. the lights on the ceiling you can press to make them come on (map lights?) dont come on when pressing. the garage door opening function stopped working.
this all happened at the same time.
im aware of the main swtiches on the overhead cluster that allow you to turn the lights on and off in response to doors opening. i messed around with the switch, didnt seem to help in any position. are there any secret or out of the way switches? thing is, she wouldnt have switched any of these switches.
i checked the fuses that seemed to make any sense and they were fine. i think they were #14 on interior panel and #22 on the engine bay panel. plus i checked a bunch of others just in case i got lucky.
what does still work is the blue courtesy lights that are in that map light/moon roof switch/light switch cluster. the moon roof switch works fine. the first time i looked at the problem, it was night and i think i recall a little red LED coming on when i pressed the garage door button.
there is an aftermarket remote starter installed on the car that works normally. i only add that because the sensor is on the windshield up near the cluster, and the wiring for it goes into the cluster (from what i remember) and to wherever it goes
what can i check next?
really seems like this isnt a fuse issue, but im open to suggestions. supposed to be warmer outside tomorrow, i may just check every single fuse.
thanks in advance
Old 02-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CSmoney28
Buy a fuse tester and check all three of the fuse boxes two under the hood and one under the dash. If that doesn’t work take it back to the place that installed the aftermarket parts. Most likely they messed something up wiring your vehicle.

thanks for the suggestions.
i guess theres a chance it is some fuse other than the ones that handle the interior lights. like i said, i tested a bunch of random fuses along with the ones for the interior lights.
i doubt the problem has anything to do with the remote starter. its been installed for a few years now with no issues, and the remote starter still works. i only mentioned it so as to provide complete info.
thanks again
Old 07-28-2018, 07:58 AM
Intermediate

Hi all,
update:
original post above was in february, when it was cold outside.
turns out when the weather got hot, my wife noticed her AC wasnt working. I can see that the compressor is kicking on (pully spinning, thats the key, right?). it blows warm air.
im going to check the refrigerant, but im sure its fine.
i took a bit of the driver side pillar apart and i could see a streak of rust running down a wire against some metal of the dash board.

i suspect there is/was a small leak that followed the wire down and dripped/seeped into some control box and either corroded the terminals or damaged the box altogether. im assuming there is some type of component related to the AC system that goes is wired into the same box as the overhead lighting wiring harness.

im working on trying to find the wiring layout, having a hard time. anybody have a link to some wiring diagrams?

thanks
Old 03-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey did you ever figure out what was the issue or the wiring diagram?
Old 03-02-2019, 05:25 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kevin125
Hey did you ever figure out what was the issue or the wiring diagram?
according to Acura,2 unrelated problems. Corrosion in a connector is the culprit for the overheadlights and home link. Almost definitely from a water leak. Something with the compressor is causing the ac to not function.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:47 PM
CSmoney28

A/C compressors are known bad part on our trucks and the info about the overhead corossion is good to know thank you.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:20 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mines was definitely corrosion in the connector.

https://acurazine.com/forums/first-generation-rdx-2007-2012-147/dome-light-issue-977627/
Old 03-21-2019, 09:01 PM
CSmoney28

That’s not good, it shouldn’t be corroding there at all.