07 RDX --- Buzzing Rear Window Motor and Dead Passenger side window

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 12:20 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 RDX --- Buzzing Rear Window Motor and Dead Passenger side window

Hey all,

My 07 RDX has been quite finicky with the Windows. I brought it into the dealership 5 times now for a window issue that they can't duplicate.

Anyway, my front passenger side window refuses to move on occassion. In fact, the window switch light is off when it doesn't work. Interestingly enough, on the driver side... all 4 window switches are green.

Another issue I have is the rear driver side window motor is CONSTANTLY ON. The window moves properly on command, but the window motor keeps buzzing... The only way to get it to stop is to hit the window lock switch.

Anyway, I finally caught the issue in action while holding a camera to record it.

I'm just wondering if (1) anyone else have this problem? or similar problem? (2) what's up with the build quality of the car..? In addition to those problem, I have a pretty bad rattle coming from the headliner.

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by kl323
Hey all,

My 07 RDX has been quite finicky with the Windows. I brought it into the dealership 5 times now for a window issue that they can't duplicate.

Anyway, my front passenger side window refuses to move on occassion. In fact, the window switch light is off when it doesn't work. Interestingly enough, on the driver side... all 4 window switches are green.

Another issue I have is the rear driver side window motor is CONSTANTLY ON. The window moves properly on command, but the window motor keeps buzzing... The only way to get it to stop is to hit the window lock switch.

Anyway, I finally caught the issue in action while holding a camera to record it.

I'm just wondering if (1) anyone else have this problem? or similar problem? (2) what's up with the build quality of the car..? In addition to those problem, I have a pretty bad rattle coming from the headliner.

Thanks!
Is your RDX still under warrantee? If so, Acura needs to fix ASAP on their coin! I had same problem with my passenger side window and after some "resets" they told me to do, which didn't work, I finally brought it in. They found the door panel window switch was bad. They replaced it no-charge and all is well.

Good luck!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:50 PM
10th Gear

Yeah, bringing it in this Tuesday.

Hope I get the ZDX as a loaner. Almost fell in love w/ the TSX the last time I had it.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Acura Parts Guy

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts
What was the issue?
Old 02-14-2011, 07:27 PM
10th Gear

Turns out it was water leaking into the fuse box.

I manage to bring the car in when the buzzing motor was going on. Glad this is done and over with.

I do have to say, I'm quite disappointed with the workmanship. Everything seems to rattle a bit more (speakers buzz, headliners rattle, etc). This was all after they fixed my roof (after a tree struck my roof rack).