A tragic tale...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 05:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
A tragic tale...

On January 31st my wife and I were celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary when we received a call from a family friend saying her Aunt and nephew had been found dead in their home. Police and family requested we drive to their home in Aldie Va in Northern Virginia near DC. After several hectic days we found out they were both murdered.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...477485223.html

It's been a long 5 months as we had multiple Hindu funeral services, cleaned out the house and prepare for a trial.

Her Aunt had a 2010 Acura RDX with the Technology package that has only 83,000 miles that we purchased in May. It needed a good cleaning on the inside and stripped and waxed but it cleaned up really well. This is the first Acura I've ever owned and I love this car! It handles so well, the turbo makes it quick and nimble.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:47 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
Welcome to the family.

I sorry to hear about how you acquired your RDX. Not sure if I would have lead with that?
The following users liked this post:
75tranzam (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 06:18 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mrgold35
Welcome to the family.

I sorry to hear about how you acquired your RDX. Not sure if I would have lead with that?
You are probably right but I drive the car daily and remember my wife's Aunt fondly each time I get in it. Kind of a rolling tribute to her.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:27 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
since you've opened with the tragic tale; I'm curious as to what kind of drugs the aunt and son were involved with.
Cleaning up the house; I'm sure you found interesting things.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:08 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by justnspace
since you've opened with the tragic tale; I'm curious as to what kind of drugs the aunt and son were involved with.
Cleaning up the house; I'm sure you found interesting things.
It was all the son, the mother wasn't involved in the dealing, just an innocent victim in the crime. The police removed a lot of evidence both drug wise and weapon wise. We were left cleaning up and removing all the personal items from the house and both of them had so much stuff that had to be gone through. I personally had to be in the house when the bio cleaning team came and cleaned up the mess after the shootings. As far as the kind of drugs he was dealing we do not know. We found a lot of empty bottles for Oxycoton and other drug paraphernalia but we don't know what the killing was over. We'll find out at the trial.

It taught me that when you die all your secrets are laid bare. We had no idea he was into drugs this deep. We knew he used and had been talking with the family about getting him help but they were resistant. My wife's family is from India and were very quiet about his problems. His older brother had died of a heroin overdose 2 years ago and they were in denial and the younger son carried a lot of guilt over the older brother's death.