Notices

Progress Group Rear Sway-Bar UNBOXING! LQQk!

 
Old 02-06-2015, 09:08 AM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Progress Group Rear Sway-Bar UNBOXING! LQQk!

Just picked up the sway bar from UPS. Now I know what the sway bar looks like and what comes with it. I will have to wait to put the sway bar on, as most you know why. It looks good, nicely put together. I can't wait to put it on. For those of you that have it, let me know how it does!!

Name:  DSC_0910_zpsqstt9708.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  68.7 KBName:  DSC_0912_zpsib8chrco.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  128.4 KBName:  DSC_0913_zpsllipji7n.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  87.5 KBName:  DSC_0914_zps6mhgo3mr.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  85.1 KBName:  DSC_0915_zpsmscjip16.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  90.5 KBName:  DSC_0916_zps336zygwe.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  134.0 KBName:  DSC_0917_zpssvejujsl.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  77.0 KB
KenB350z is offline  
The following users liked this post:
AlLtHiNgSaCuRa (04-30-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 09:10 AM
  #2  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 80,434
Received 13,980 Likes on 10,384 Posts
it's great!!
it tightens up the rear end!

I'm able to swing my back end out in a turn!
justnspace is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 09:17 AM
  #3  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
it's great!!
it tightens up the rear end!

I'm able to swing my back end out in a turn!
No Pics, or review?
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 09:22 AM
  #4  
mrgold35
 
mrgold35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ABQ, NM
Posts: 4,625
Received 572 Likes on 478 Posts
Waiting for my RSB to come in also. I'm assuming the inter hole is for a stiffer RSB? I was also thinking about putting on new endlinks front/back, upgrade the front sway bar bushings, and replace the OEM shock/struts to KYB (already have Eibach springs). My RDX is starting to feel a little rough around the edges on less than perfect roads with almost 120,000 miles on her.
mrgold35 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 09:28 AM
  #5  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35 View Post
Waiting for my RSB to come in also. I'm assuming the inter hole is for a stiffer RSB? I was also thinking about putting on new endlinks front/back, upgrade the front sway bar bushings, and replace the OEM shock/struts to KYB (already have Eibach springs). My RDX is starting to feel a little rough around the edges on less than perfect roads with almost 120,000 miles on her.
Yep, I'm sitting around 120k. The bushing kit will be prefect for our aged suspension.
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 09:45 AM
  #6  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 80,434
Received 13,980 Likes on 10,384 Posts
Originally Posted by KenB350z View Post
No Pics, or review?
it's a torsion bar that SITS UNDERNEATH everything.
certainly, your pictures covered what it looks like, as it's just a bar.

as for a review; it made daily driving a little better by tightening up the rear. in my FWD TL, switching lanes didnt feel as floaty any more.
furthermore; i can swing the back end out with some lift off oversteer action.
justnspace is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Aman (02-11-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 10:23 AM
  #7  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
it's a torsion bar that SITS UNDERNEATH everything.
certainly, your pictures covered what it looks like, as it's just a bar.

as for a review; it made daily driving a little better by tightening up the rear. in my FWD TL, switching lanes didnt feel as floaty any more.
furthermore; i can swing the back end out with some lift off oversteer action.
Oh ok... Now how does that help the RDX community to know how something works on a TL?
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 11:04 AM
  #8  
FLETCH
iTrader: (1)
 
TheWrench116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: tremont pa
Age: 38
Posts: 1,330
Received 133 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
it's great!!
it tightens up the rear end!

I'm able to swing my back end out in a turn!


^ not our platform but as a general rule yeah that's what they do...

I think we RDXers were looking more for specifics as to how the SHawd acts with it.
TheWrench116 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 11:06 AM
  #9  
FLETCH
iTrader: (1)
 
TheWrench116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: tremont pa
Age: 38
Posts: 1,330
Received 133 Likes on 99 Posts
great avatar though!
TheWrench116 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 11:18 AM
  #10  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 80,434
Received 13,980 Likes on 10,384 Posts
Originally Posted by KenB350z View Post
Oh ok... Now how does that help the RDX community to know how something works on a TL?
LOL you asked, fool.

and I'm positive it will tighten up the rear of your SHAWD's.
as that's what RSB's are designed to do.
remember, its a torsion bar.
justnspace is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by justnspace:
iCrap (02-13-2015), rossv1 (03-19-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 11:28 AM
  #11  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
LOL you asked, fool.

and I'm positive it will tighten up the rear of your SHAWD's.
as that's what RSB's are designed to do.
remember, its a torsion bar.
Here we go again, I don't have a TL. And I made a thread about a sway bar for an RDX...
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 11:46 AM
  #12  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
LOL you asked, fool.

and I'm positive it will tighten up the rear of your SHAWD's.
as that's what RSB's are designed to do.
remember, its a torsion bar.
Nobody asked you anything, You don't even have an RDX. So, why troll around. You have no information that will be helpful for me... Turn the page dude..
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 11:48 AM
  #13  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Where are all the moderators, get this troll out of here.
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 12:06 PM
  #14  
FLETCH
iTrader: (1)
 
TheWrench116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: tremont pa
Age: 38
Posts: 1,330
Received 133 Likes on 99 Posts
A torsion bar is a type of suspension system that is typically used in wheeled vehicles such as cars, vans and trucks. A suspension system is an important and critical element of a vehicle’s design. Regardless of the design, all suspension systems perform the same important functions. They keep the tires in contact with the surface of the road, support the weight of a vehicle and absorb the forces generated by the movement and motion of the vehicle.



Torsion bars are essentially metal bars that function as a spring. At one end, the bar is fixed firmly in place to the chassis or frame of a vehicle. The other end of the bar may be attached to the axle, suspension arm, or a spindle, depending on the specifics of a vehicle’s design. As a vehicle moves along the road, the forces generated by the motion of the vehicle create torque on the bar, which twists it along its axis.


Counteracting the torque is the fact that the torsion bar naturally wants to resist the twisting effect and return to its normal state. In doing so, the suspension provides a level of resistance to the forces generated by the movement of the vehicle. This resistance is the key principle behind a torsion bar suspension system.

Last edited by TheWrench116; 02-06-2015 at 12:10 PM.
TheWrench116 is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by TheWrench116:
iCrap (02-13-2015), justnspace (02-06-2015), KenB350z (02-13-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 12:11 PM
  #15  
WTF?
 
bluecarbonfiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Or'E'gun
Age: 42
Posts: 1,503
Received 241 Likes on 229 Posts
im really glad that this finally happened.. it took a bit but its finally here =) i dont know how many phone calls i made and then finally talking to marcus at heeltoe in person to say what would it take for all of us to get this.. I feel like i was the dad he is the mother hahaha progress was the dr and boom the baby is born haha im a happy dad
bluecarbonfiber is offline  
The following users liked this post:
MrHeeltoe (02-11-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 12:16 PM
  #16  
FLETCH
iTrader: (1)
 
TheWrench116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: tremont pa
Age: 38
Posts: 1,330
Received 133 Likes on 99 Posts
@ justinspace

your like a cricket talk shit all day if someone walks up on you you'll shut the FU#K up.
TheWrench116 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 12:24 PM
  #17  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
I'm saying.
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 12:39 PM
  #18  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber View Post
im really glad that this finally happened.. it took a bit but its finally here =) i dont know how many phone calls i made and then finally talking to marcus at heeltoe in person to say what would it take for all of us to get this.. I feel like i was the dad he is the mother hahaha progress was the dr and boom the baby is born haha im a happy dad
Thanks for getting the ball rolling on it! If you ever get any free time, try and swing by VitViper, Hondata, ETS. I think Vit and ETS are the closest to you.
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 01:40 PM
  #19  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 80,434
Received 13,980 Likes on 10,384 Posts
is the RSB not connected to the chassis?
is the RSB NOT connected to the control arms?


to answer both of those questions, YES. the RSB connects to the chassis and also connects to both control arms, LIMITING movement or torque between the two wheels.


I'm not trolling.
a RSB does the same, NO MATTER what vehicle you are putting it on to.

How thick is the Progress bar?
how thick is the stock bar?
now, why would you upgrade to a thicker bar, if you werent trying to control movement?

Last edited by justnspace; 02-06-2015 at 01:42 PM.
justnspace is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 01:46 PM
  #20  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 80,434
Received 13,980 Likes on 10,384 Posts
this quote
Counteracting the torque is the fact that the torsion bar naturally wants to resist the twisting effect and return to its normal state. In doing so, the suspension provides a level of resistance to the forces generated by the movement of the vehicle. This resistance is the key principle behind a torsion bar suspension system.
Will be true when you're trying to uninstall the old bar....
since its stiff with lots of tension, it'll be tough to fish it out

same thing when installing the new bar. it will be TOUGH to position since it always wants to return to its normal state.
justnspace is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 01:50 PM
  #21  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
I will have to do an update when I get my suspension back from Prothane, because this bar in combination with the bushing should be killer!
KenB350z is offline  
The following users liked this post:
bluecarbonfiber (02-06-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 02:14 PM
  #22  
WTF?
 
bluecarbonfiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Or'E'gun
Age: 42
Posts: 1,503
Received 241 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by KenB350z View Post
Thanks for getting the ball rolling on it! If you ever get any free time, try and swing by VitViper, Hondata, ETS. I think Vit and ETS are the closest to you.
ets is 30 minutes from me

vit is about an hour

hondata about 14 hours

not sure what ets would want to do i contacted them about doing a FMIC they pretty much said they dont have the time to do it.. but had the feeling of you got a tmic dont ever bug us again

vit i would deff like to see but not sure he can do much since we are all waiting on hondata to fix any other bugs with the flashpro which leads me to hondata i would gladly go visit them except my time is crunch so im not sure how long they would need the vehicle and it seems like lately they dont really want to take the time to look at it

Last edited by bluecarbonfiber; 02-06-2015 at 02:18 PM.
bluecarbonfiber is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 02:15 PM
  #23  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 80,434
Received 13,980 Likes on 10,384 Posts
Also, if you guise dont go over bumps evenly, you can potentially break the chassis weld with the P RSB, as it's limiting movement and the welds are the weak spots.
justnspace is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 02:16 PM
  #24  
Registered Member
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 30,495
Received 4,404 Likes on 3,313 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
it's great!!
it tightens up the rear end!

I'm able to swing my back end out in a turn!

Ooooo, drifto magnifico!!
TacoBello is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 02:21 PM
  #25  
Registered Member
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 30,495
Received 4,404 Likes on 3,313 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
it's great!!
it tightens up the rear end!

I'm able to swing my back end out in a turn!
Originally Posted by TheWrench116 View Post
@ justinspace

your like a cricket talk shit all day if someone walks up on you you'll shut the FU#K up.
you must be a giant dumbass if you think Justn is full of it.

A RSB WILL do the same on an RDX as a TL, no two ways about it.

also, are you internet thugging Crabz? Daaaamn boy, you'd better look out! grow up
TacoBello is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by TacoBello:
04WDPSeDaN (02-10-2015), iCrap (02-24-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 02:22 PM
  #26  
FLETCH
iTrader: (1)
 
TheWrench116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: tremont pa
Age: 38
Posts: 1,330
Received 133 Likes on 99 Posts
111 east line street bring it dip stick

Last edited by TheWrench116; 02-06-2015 at 02:28 PM.
TheWrench116 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 02:24 PM
  #27  
FLETCH
iTrader: (1)
 
TheWrench116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: tremont pa
Age: 38
Posts: 1,330
Received 133 Likes on 99 Posts
and no I don't think he has any input on a chassis he doesn't own go the hell back to your own section of the forum if you don't own an RDX GITFO
TheWrench116 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 02:38 PM
  #28  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 80,434
Received 13,980 Likes on 10,384 Posts
Originally Posted by TheWrench116 View Post
and no I don't think he has any input on a chassis he doesn't own go the hell back to your own section of the forum if you don't own an RDX GITFO
I was never hostile to you or KenB.
just because you didnt like my answers; you resorted to name calling.

last time i checked this is a free forum; regardless if I own an RDX or not.

if a moderator does decide to come in here; they'll see both of you name calling me.

I did not throw the first punch here.


now can we discuss RSB's like gentlemen?
justnspace is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by justnspace:
TacoBello (02-10-2015), xtcnrice (02-25-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 03:27 PM
  #29  
WTF?
 
bluecarbonfiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Or'E'gun
Age: 42
Posts: 1,503
Received 241 Likes on 229 Posts
bluecarbonfiber is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 03:41 PM
  #30  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber View Post
ets is 30 minutes from me

vit is about an hour

hondata about 14 hours

not sure what ets would want to do i contacted them about doing a FMIC they pretty much said they dont have the time to do it.. but had the feeling of you got a tmic dont ever bug us again

vit i would deff like to see but not sure he can do much since we are all waiting on hondata to fix any other bugs with the flashpro which leads me to hondata i would gladly go visit them except my time is crunch so im not sure how long they would need the vehicle and it seems like lately they dont really want to take the time to look at it


ETS could make a turbo kit for us if the buyer is serious. That is what I've been through for all the current R&D I have going. Hopefully I can get some time this summer and drive my car there and flight back, and let them have it for the time needed for R&D for a turbo kit.
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 03:45 PM
  #31  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
I was never hostile to you or KenB.
just because you didnt like my answers; you resorted to name calling.

last time i checked this is a free forum; regardless if I own an RDX or not.

if a moderator does decide to come in here; they'll see both of you name calling me.

I did not throw the first punch here.


now can we discuss RSB's like gentlemen?


Oh this one?


Name:  TL%20bar_zpshxr0w0ji.png
Views: 145
Size:  169.2 KB


I have no interest in discussing about this sway bar.
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 04:12 PM
  #32  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
you must be a giant dumbass if you think Justn is full of it.

A RSB WILL do the same on an RDX as a TL, no two ways about it.

also, are you internet thugging Crabz? Daaaamn boy, you'd better look out! grow up

Good thing you don't live in Oklahoma...
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 04:15 PM
  #33  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
you must be a giant dumbass if you think Justn is full of it.

A RSB WILL do the same on an RDX as a TL, no two ways about it.

also, are you internet thugging Crabz? Daaaamn boy, you'd better look out! grow up
Troll and troll mcgee over here.
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 05:22 PM
  #34  
WTF?
 
bluecarbonfiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Or'E'gun
Age: 42
Posts: 1,503
Received 241 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by KenB350z View Post
ETS could make a turbo kit for us if the buyer is serious. That is what I've been through for all the current R&D I have going. Hopefully I can get some time this summer and drive my car there and flight back, and let them have it for the time needed for R&D for a turbo kit.
if you come out this way we will have to plan a meet a greet
bluecarbonfiber is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 06:21 PM
  #35  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber View Post
if you come out this way we will have to plan a meet a greet
For sure!!
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 06:22 PM
  #36  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35 View Post
Waiting for my RSB to come in also. I'm assuming the inter hole is for a stiffer RSB? I was also thinking about putting on new endlinks front/back, upgrade the front sway bar bushings, and replace the OEM shock/struts to KYB (already have Eibach springs). My RDX is starting to feel a little rough around the edges on less than perfect roads with almost 120,000 miles on her.
KenB350z is offline  
The following users liked this post:
mrgold35 (02-09-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 06:22 PM
  #37  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Name:  DSC_0923_zpsvhe8nj07.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  54.5 KBName:  DSC_0922_zps2kcbqcf7.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  79.8 KBName:  DSC_0921_zpslufifu1f.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  61.4 KB
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-09-2015, 10:37 AM
  #38  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,064
Received 127 Likes on 110 Posts
Wow this thread was hopping on Friday. Anyway, I posted this in the thread in the main RDX forum, but re-posting here since a lot of people seem to be watching.

So I threw mine on over the weekend. Took about 90 minutes and was very easy. Instructions that came with the bar were very easy to follow (hence no pics - instructions have you covered). All you need are some metric sockets (don't recall the sizes but nothing a basic set won't have), a 14mm wrench, and a the instructions say a 6mm allen but I think it might have been a 4. Either that or the labels on my set are wonky. 3 and 12 inch extensions make life easier, but not required. An impact might also be handy if you play in the snow often, but I had no trouble with any of the bolts with just the socket wrench.

I also suggest you lift the ass end nice and high as you'll need to support the rear subframe with a jack while you do this, as it's much easier for maneuvering if you can slip the jack in from between your jack stand and rear tire rather than from the rear of the car where you'll be working.

As it is, the replacement bar is a good deal thicker than stock, and comes with some hardy-looking bushings. Lining up the bushing brackets was a bit of a hassle (seems like the welds on the bar could have been 1/8 - 1/4 inch further apart, but ultimately it all bolted in. I recommend threading upper bolt on each side first, then each lower bolt, then tighten all four.

For the set-up I used the outer holes, but the difference is still noticeable over stock. Haven't tried the inner holes but adjustments should be fairly easy. Just lift up the rear to unload the suspension and relocate the endlink bolts to the inner holes.
Tomtwtwtw is offline  
Old 02-09-2015, 10:46 AM
  #39  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
KenB350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Ok
Age: 35
Posts: 2,174
Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw View Post
Wow this thread was hopping on Friday. Anyway, I posted this in the thread in the main RDX forum, but re-posting here since a lot of people seem to be watching.

So I threw mine on over the weekend. Took about 90 minutes and was very easy. Instructions that came with the bar were very easy to follow (hence no pics - instructions have you covered). All you need are some metric sockets (don't recall the sizes but nothing a basic set won't have), a 14mm wrench, and a the instructions say a 6mm allen but I think it might have been a 4. Either that or the labels on my set are wonky. 3 and 12 inch extensions make life easier, but not required. An impact might also be handy if you play in the snow often, but I had no trouble with any of the bolts with just the socket wrench.

I also suggest you lift the ass end nice and high as you'll need to support the rear subframe with a jack while you do this, as it's much easier for maneuvering if you can slip the jack in from between your jack stand and rear tire rather than from the rear of the car where you'll be working.

As it is, the replacement bar is a good deal thicker than stock, and comes with some hardy-looking bushings. Lining up the bushing brackets was a bit of a hassle (seems like the welds on the bar could have been 1/8 - 1/4 inch further apart, but ultimately it all bolted in. I recommend threading upper bolt on each side first, then each lower bolt, then tighten all four.

For the set-up I used the outer holes, but the difference is still noticeable over stock. Haven't tried the inner holes but adjustments should be fairly easy. Just lift up the rear to unload the suspension and relocate the endlink bolts to the inner holes.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Finally have someone that actually has an RDX that installed this bar, that is willing to share their experience. That's good that you can even notice it on soft. Can't wait to get this thing on!!
KenB350z is offline  
Old 02-10-2015, 01:29 PM
  #40  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 14
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great information here provided! I've looked on Progress website and cannot seem to find this product. Can someone let me know where I can buy this?
ckkyeung is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Progress Group Rear Sway-Bar UNBOXING! LQQk!


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.