Custom Down-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Custom Down-Pipe

I hate to make a redundant page… but I have been looking for months and still no pipe.

Anyone have a jig to make me one, or a used DP they are willing to sell?

Last edited by vaprea; 11-12-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:17 PM
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Working on building a custom down/midpipe. Will let you know once completed with pics...

Also, anyone have any data on how air/fuel ratios are with downpipes and Hondata? Considering doing both, but want to make sure it is safe with both mods...
The following users liked this post:
vaprea (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
I hate to see you all blowing so much money on this ride. It's a great little rig, but WAY to heavy. I'm waiting for someone to drop the K23A1 engine into a TSX, then maybe it would be a fair fight. With all that weight to drag around, it's always gonna be a crappy run in the 1/4 mile.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
I disagree

I'm not looking for a quick 1/4 mile time. I dont track my car, but when I'm doing 60 on the interstate and punch it to 110 I want it to feel more robust.

The RDX curb weight is around 3900

STi 3400
Evo 3600

It's not the fu**ing weight, it's the un tunable ECU. I want to be able to get a custom dyno tune at my local performance shop, tailored to my specific mods and needs.

No company sees a profitable enough market, even tho we are living proof.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Marco
I hate to see you all blowing so much money on this ride. It's a great little rig, but WAY to heavy. I'm waiting for someone to drop the K23A1 engine into a TSX, then maybe it would be a fair fight. With all that weight to drag around, it's always gonna be a crappy run in the 1/4 mile.
If they don't drop it into a SH-AWD vehicle it'll be useless too. Lets face facts: if all we wanted was a bitchin' hot hatch we'd be driving STis and tolerating the insanely noisy cabin and tissue paper thin door panels... There is a lot more to why we are all here looking for a bit more scoot from the RDX.
The following users liked this post:
vaprea (12-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I hate to make a redundant page… but I have been looking for months and still no pipe.

Anyone have a jig to make me one, or a used DP they are willing to sell.

Ok there is alpher motorsports from NV that makes a really nice down pipe and test pipe for the acura rdx and they are really desent on there prices.
And now for the 1/4 mile part the rdx is a fun cuv to drive as a daily driver and its pretty fast for a 3900 lbs car and if we think that and car is base on how fast it is in a quarter mile run then just buy a civic and swap the motor and boost it then there you go.
To me the RDX is a really nice sleeper and its nice, quiet and relaxing to drive look better then drive around a civic rite.