BC Suspension- RDX Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 03:12 PM
BU
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Rotary Rocket
I proposed to them to take "Acurazine" pre-orders

estimate price range should be around their avg. $1250 - $1450 base on their website With Double Adjustable Coilover

It is Linning...Winning
Old 02-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
I actually proposed a "group discount" for Acurazine members to them.

I'll keep you all posted as to the proposal.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by BU

estimate price range should be around their avg. $1250 - $1450 base on their website With Double Adjustable Coilover

It is Linning...Winning
Hey Bu what website did you go on to check the prices $$$ the one I went on showed there products for $999 ??http://bcracingsuperstore.com/
Old 02-18-2012, 05:43 PM
'06 RL Tech

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Do most bodyshops have those fancy fender rollers?
Old 02-18-2012, 06:16 PM
BU
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by crazycated
Hey Bu what website did you go on to check the prices $$$ the one I went on showed there products for $999 ??http://bcracingsuperstore.com/
What The ... http://www.bcracing-na.com/
I will take BCRacingSuperStore price $999
Old 02-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Instructor

Fender roller are easy to find, some people advertise it as a service on Craigslist. If you are near the Bay Area (northern California) you are welcome to use mine.

BC told me these should be around $1,000. Check their quote in earlier posts.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:09 PM
'06 RL Tech

Fender roller are easy to find, some people advertise it as a service on Craigslist. If you are near the Bay Area (northern California) you are welcome to use mine.

Thanks, Southeast Texas :-(
Old 02-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Instructor

I bought the roller from another forum for around $180. They are not that expensive.

Are you rubbing right now with your wheels? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:08 PM
'06 RL Tech

I bought the roller from another forum for around $180. They are not that expensive.

Are you rubbing right now with your wheels? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it.
No, I'm not. Just looking ahead. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Copy cat shinobi

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Hey guys if you were onboard with me in my thread in "suspension : 10 ppl needed 4 coilover development(KSport)" I highly encourage you to join RRockets if you haven't already. Thx guys!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Instructor

Kaze, thanks for the kind words.

FYI, this is BC Suspension's creation. I have nothing to do with it, except I asked them to build it for us.

I told them I would pony up my suspension for measurments and then be a beta tester for them.

They got it 99.99% good right out of the gate. I already provided my feedback and will keep you all posted as to the release date. I have also asked them to take some pre-orders.

Now we have to make a rear swaybar that is stiffer than stock and preferably adjustable. Who is game?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:45 AM
'06 RL Tech

I want this so bad. Both! It'll be summer before I can do anything. We're going to Florida with my daughters softball team this summer, so far. My toys have to wait. I'll watch and drool.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotary rocket,

any luck with testing the BC setup over "harsh roads"?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Copy cat shinobi

^2nd that, curious now.

Altho, I've noticed with the KSport CO on my still being built weekend warrior that presetting the damping will affect ride from stiff to cushy. I set mine to mid(18) lots of feedback, any higher bumps in the road would move loose items in the glovebox and center console..lol.

Pretty sure that BC catered that aspect, and other forum members said that KSport vs BC that BC had the least punishing ride on the streets. And more bang for your money. If you are lowering the rdx your gonna want to avoid potholes and speed bumps anyhow.

Really looking forward to this!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:47 AM
j swapping mad man.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
any updates?
Old 02-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Instructor

2/26/2012 Driving impressions:

As stated before I raised the rear by 1 inch, and softened the rear suspension by 2 clicks. Went for a sprited drive in the back roads (tight turns of 15 mph to med speed 45 mph). The rear still feels stiffer than stock. I was attempting to bring the ride quality (read that as comfort) closer to stock, I think I need to be more aggresive on softening the back up. The ride over rough roads is stable. The "hoping" that usually happens in corners on rough roads is greatly muted, I will need to mess with the adjustments more and conduct further testing to see if I can get ride of it all together. The dampening makes the car feel more stable, and the center gravity being lower is helping a ton in making it handle better. The car now gives you confidence to "throw" it into corners, where before I could feel it being top heavy. If you have good tires (I don't yet) I think you will GREATLY benefit from this suspension set up. It is still very forgiving, I on purpose tried to get the car out of shape, but you can gather it back up very easily (almost all the work is being done by SH-AWD, thank you Acura ), these shocks give you better and quicker feedback so you can react even better and enjoy your car more. The understeer was reduced due to raising the back, but it is still there. We really need a bigger swaybar in the back of this car. Anyone has the capability of making one?

on a side note, it is much easier to get in and out of the car now!

The brakes on this car are simply weak, there is no other way of saying it. Mind you I have slotted rotors, ceramic pads, SS lines, and ATE "Blue" brake fluid. It is hard to justify a BBK for what is mostly a commute car, but if it is your only car AND you want to track the car then I would highly recommend a BBK. The suspension is stiffer than stock, so the car does not dive as much under heavy breaking and with my simple mods the braking is a LOT better than stock. Still...not a strong point for this car...

I have nothing but positive results from BC's set up for our RDX. They are simply spot on and have made the RDX into a very desent canyon carver. The car feels more like a GT than a SUV.

Once I rolled my rear fenders there was no more rubbing in the rear. The front fenders can't really be rolled, I do rub in front (remember I have 25mm spacers) but it is the fender liner and not the fender. In fact it is rubbing the "prodruding bolts" that hold the fender liner to the fender!!!

I wanted to possibly lower the front a bit more (1/4 to 1/2 inch), but I'm sure it will rub even more. I'll have to figure it out...

Let me know if you have any questions, or requests.
The following users liked this post:
InfamousJamous (02-29-2012)
Old 02-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Copy cat shinobi

^ Anti-roll bars, I am working on a few solutions. Approached a few manufactures as a community and not as a single person this time. Im not promising anything.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:35 PM
7th Gear

I want this now!! When can i order them? Spring is almost here.. Lol
Old 03-04-2012, 04:38 PM
PM me if you need a reply

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Looking forward to production and replacing my Eibachs with these.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
InfamousJamous- when you get your coilovers do u want to sell our eibach springs? if you do let me know ill buy them from you thanks!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:01 PM
PM me if you need a reply

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Yeah, I'll let you know. PM sent.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:34 AM
'06 RL Tech

Originally Posted by InfamousJamous
Looking forward to production and replacing my Eibachs with these.
This will be the schweetness!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Instructor

Hello Gang,

Great news, the "specs" are set. I spoke with BC Suspension and they have the final numbers/spec to go for production.

Our RDX production run is behind two other cars, they will email me once they have a more accurate date (read that as 30-45 days before production).

As an FYI, BCRacingSuperStore is NOT BC Racing. They are their distributor. The reason I mentioned this is that BC Racing will take your orders (Acurazine members) directly and have the coilovers shipped directly to you from the factory. It will be the fastest way of getting these once available. I will keep you all posted once they tell me they are available for shipping.

Cheers.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rotary Rocket:
BigHatch (03-06-2012), BU (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 02:09 PM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
^ did they mention price?
Old 03-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Instructor

They have said $1K all along, I will ask again next time I communicate with them.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:11 PM
not an SUV ...a Big Hatch

Received 89 Likes on 72 Posts
the "specs" are set.
What all does this entail? Does it include any adjustments to the preset heigth? at least in the rear?

Any info you might know of would be nice.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Instructor

GREAT NEWS, production has commenced.

They will be ready to ship by 1st of April.

Further modification to the rear height adjuster will allow you to use the stock bolt from your car, so no further modifcation is needed.

Asked them to confirm the price and give specific instructions on how to order, so you would get it directly from the factory (and as fast as possible).

There is ONE set ready to ship right now! First come first serve. Please post here on Acurazine and I'll get you connected to the right folks at BC Racing.

Cheers.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Instructor

Big Hatch,

Please take a look at the entire thread, I have many pictures and even an extensive write up on how to install.

This coilover kit includes:

Front Strut
Front Spring
Front Spring Top Purch
Front Swaybar Rod
Rear Shock
Rear Springs
Rear Height Adjuster
Adjuster Tool (for height adjustment)

Both front and rear will be adjustable for Compression/Rebound (with one knob), and Height.

Cheers.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:53 AM
7th Gear

GREAT NEWS, production has commenced.

They will be ready to ship by 1st of April.

Further modification to the rear height adjuster will allow you to use the stock bolt from your car, so no further modifcation is needed.

Asked them to confirm the price and give specific instructions on how to order, so you would get it directly from the factory (and as fast as possible).

There is ONE set ready to ship right now! First come first serve. Please post here on Acurazine and I'll get you connected to the right folks at BC Racing.

Cheers.
give me the info.. pls
Old 03-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Instructor

tonyquinto has dibs on the first set, congrats. I'll PM you shortly.

BC did confirm the price at $1K, plus ground shipping. They will be shipping the initial sets direct from the factory expedited, that should save you 2-3 months vs. being shipped by boat (containers). BC will pick up the difference in shipping for Acurazine members.

Cheers.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
^ By boat? Made in China?>:
Old 03-07-2012, 04:35 PM
not an SUV ...a Big Hatch

Received 89 Likes on 72 Posts
Big Hatch,

Please take a look at the entire thread, I have many pictures and even an extensive write up on how to install.

This coilover kit includes:

Front Strut
Front Spring
Front Spring Top Purch
Front Swaybar Rod
Rear Shock
Rear Springs
Rear Height Adjuster
Adjuster Tool (for height adjustment)

Both front and rear will be adjustable for Compression/Rebound (with one knob), and Height.

Cheers.
yes, i've been following the thread. just curious if their pre-set height (as shipped from BC) will be as you received them, or more like you re-set it (higher in the rear).
Old 03-07-2012, 05:26 PM
BU
Burning Brakes

Cheers.
If tonyquinto pass, I would like to be in line.
Thanks

Man, the 1 day I am out of town... & Rotary Rocket posted BC had 1 set available.
I am Sad & need an iPad 3

BU

Originally Posted by Mr Marco
BC probably made in Taiwan.

BU

Last edited by BU; 03-07-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mr Marco
Mr. Marco,

They are made in Taiwan. I have to tell you the quality is very impresive. Has a bit of a "bling" factor (Black and Gold), not a fan of the gold, but a HUGE fan of the anodized black.

You can't see them since they are under the car anyways.

We use them in our race cars (USTCC), if they live under the abuse of racing the street will not be an issue. They have also been in business for quite a while, they have a good reputation on the street as well.

You could always wait a couple of months and get the feedback from other members before pulling the trigger.
Mr Marco (04-05-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BigHatch
yes, i've been following the thread. just curious if their pre-set height (as shipped from BC) will be as you received them, or more like you re-set it (higher in the rear).
The rear height adjuster has been modified, so you can use the stock bolt to install it. The height will be set to what I recommended.

As a rule of thumb any 10mm adjustment up or down on the rear height adjuster will result in 1 inch change in the height of the rear of the car.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Instructor

Gang,

The support you have shown for this company is great, I've received lots of PMs.

Please feel free to call BC Racing directly at 321-206-6381.

Be sure to mention you are from "Acurazine", this way they will pick up the extra shipping cost. As mentioned production has started and they are looking at begining of April to ship out your suspension.

I live in California and got mine in two days!

Once they have taken care of your (Acurazine) orders, then they will put it on their regular rotation to be broght in via container/ship. Due to the timing of "filling up" of a container, etc. this type of shipping will take 2-3 months.

If you are interested please be sure to call them and place your order directly with BC Racing at the number listed above.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions in regards to installation, performance, or whatever else you need to know about these coilovers.

Please note, I have no interest in, or in anyway am associated with BC Racing. They just happen to be nice enough to build our beloved RDX some coilovers.

Cheers.
BigHatch (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 06:11 PM
j swapping mad man.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is there a deadline for AZ orders?
Old 03-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Instructor

I don't know, it seems to me you would have at least 'till end of March/begining of April sicne that is when they will first be ready to ship out. If you are not ready to pull the trigger by the begining of April then I would say give them a call and see what their production numbers look like.

They have been super cool. I was up front with them at the begining and told them it was not a huge market as I did not want to mis-lead them. Their mentality is that once you try their product you become a loyal customer and as you change cars in the future you will continue to support them. Totally makes sense to me.

I really like this company.

Cheers.
JMJ3rd (03-08-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 02:14 PM
'06 RL Tech

Great work to you and many thanks to BC Racing!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:43 PM
10th Gear

Good stuff. The stance of the RDX with the BC coils looks damn good.

Quick Reply: BC Suspension- RDX Coilovers