AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G RDX Performance Parts & Modifications (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-performance-parts-modifications-162/)
-   -   Any ideas what to do next? (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-performance-parts-modifications-162/any-ideas-what-do-next-975972/)

mistryp 12-28-2018 02:19 PM

Any ideas what to do next?

Hello All,

I have a 2011 Acura RDX Tech with SH-AWD. Current mods are:
- ETS Intercooler
- ATLP Exhaust
- RV6 downpipe with high flow cat
- K&N Drop in air filter
- Hondata Flashpro (e-tuned by D Rob @ IMW)
- ID1050x injectors

I live in Canada and am looking to get some more power out of my build. I am open to upgrading the turbo compressor wheel but am having a hard time finding a spare turbo here in Canada. I'm thinking about getting the Hondata intake manifold gasket as well.

CSmoney28 01-05-2019 05:45 PM

You can get the full intake system to boost power from k&n...

K&N Intake System

mistryp 01-06-2019 03:03 PM

I had the intake, didn't like the way it sounded. I'm thinking turbo upgrade next but its a pita to get a turbo here or a shop to upgrade it.

mrgold35 01-06-2019 03:33 PM

I would lean towards Eibach lowering springs, Progress RSB, performance tires, and upgrading the brakes and/or rotors. You will need to stop faster with all that power. The sh-awd is great when under power; but, you are still in a top heavy 2 ton SUV when sh-awd isn't engaged. Lowering springs+Progress RSB will give you the capability to taking curves at the same speed with or without sh-awd (comes in handy on downhill runs).

mistryp 01-06-2019 04:08 PM

Yeah I'm thinking about doing the eibach springs and progress rsb when the weather gets a bit better here in Canada. Going to upgrade the brakes once the current ones are done. I'm trying to get the turbo upgrade first.

CSmoney28 01-12-2019 06:17 PM

You could just buy a turbo and have it shipped to a shop and have them do it. Then they could just ship it back to you.

mistryp 01-14-2019 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by CSmoney28 (Post 16364194)
You could just buy a turbo and have it shipped to a shop and have them do it. Then they could just ship it back to you.

I have something in the works

mrgold35 01-14-2019 09:08 AM

The only performance weak spot for the RDX is the 5AT. I don't think there are any performance mod for the transmission? The RDX sometimes doesn't downshift to a lower gear in auto mode with or without using the paddles. The 5AT is more willing to downshift in sport mode with the paddles if you are locked out in auto mode. I leave in sport mode in mountain switchbacks to hold a gear and faster spool time.

Midnight Mystery 01-14-2019 10:37 AM

I find that if you're "up front" with it, it does better. Don't ease into it, but jab it hard, the rapid change in throttle position makes the computer downshift the tranny more effectively that way.

Also, holding gears at part throttle until vtec is super rewarding, however, with so much torque and such tall gears, you're going super fast before vtec even engages. (No Hondata, I still vtec at or around 4750)

mrgold35You were so right about the spark plugs, BTW!

CSmoney28 01-14-2019 02:08 PM

I thought 💭 someone on the fourum had their transmission build by level ten? Also, I agree with the RDX speeding before the boost really kicks in and pulls the car.

Midnight Mystery 01-14-2019 09:41 PM

I think the tranny is programmed to trade a downshift for boost instead.