2011 rdx hks ssqv bov

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2011 rdx hks ssqv bov

What up guys,

I just install my HKS Bov set on VTA today.
So far it seems to be a pretty nice mod with no check engine light on.

I will drive it for a week or two to see how it holds up.
Anyone know where I can purchase a plug to block the intake tubing where the stock bov suppose to send the air back?

Also I added some pictures of my weapon R intake.
Hopefully there is more active RDX owners that likes to mod their cars like myself so more companies will take a look at the RDX market.

Thanks.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
video?
Old 01-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
never mind found one in Youtube... sounds pretty good. hows performance.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Boost Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Def need videos and long term use analysis.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Boost Enthusiast

Plus, where you get it? Was it modeled for another car and was a flange used to mount it?

I was looking into doing this too, but wasn't sure if it was possible to connect a recirc tube or even plug the recirc hole at the base of the intake column towards the back of the engine without throwing CELs.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:36 AM
2008 NBP

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
good luck with that... the K series engine in this car needs the return air... otherwise the ecu thinks there is an air shortage and tries to compensate by pumping more fuel into the motor, using this BOV with out the BPV parts is a great way to destroy your engine, also watch you fuel ratings go down. I have done the research on this hence the reason I have the Hybrid BPV. Keep running this and your going to end up with a motor stuck at TDC and burned pistons
Old 01-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by xrvman
good luck with that... the K series engine in this car needs the return air... otherwise the ecu thinks there is an air shortage and tries to compensate by pumping more fuel into the motor, using this BOV with out the BPV parts is a great way to destroy your engine, also watch you fuel ratings go down. I have done the research on this hence the reason I have the Hybrid BPV. Keep running this and your going to end up with a motor stuck at TDC and burned pistons
Thanks for the info.
Where did you research this information from so i can research more into this? K-Series forum?

I had a few turbo cars in the past and had always VTA with no problems.
I always thought it was a bigger problem for n/a engine with a add-on turbo to VTA with their BOV. (And not factory turbocharged engine)

It is no bigger for me because I have the pipe to recirculate it back to the turbo inlet pipe if I needed too.

As for the video; I will try to make one soon.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:02 PM
not an SUV ...a Big Hatch

Received 89 Likes on 72 Posts
yeah, i have the recirculating HKS fitting for my WRX wagon, but it's just sitting in a box... lot of good it does there...But to the point, when I got my HKS SSQV, it came with an aluminum plug that seats up against the edge of the return hose with a small lip/cap that is machined into the aluminum. I would have thought any new HKS blow off valve would have come with it.

Call HKS.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Pro

Made a short video with my camera phone.
How can I post it up? Is there a method where I can upload directly from this forum or the only way is youtube?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Pro

Here we go - it is very last minute.

I need to get my digital camera to make a better video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i85XFCgH-Q
Old 01-27-2011, 09:25 PM
2008 NBP

Did the research myself when I was designing the Hybrid I made... Put and AFR gauge on the car and you will see... plus this is the reason the car will quite under high boost without the BPV installed

Originally Posted by JCRDX11
Thanks for the info.
Where did you research this information from so i can research more into this? K-Series forum?

I had a few turbo cars in the past and had always VTA with no problems.
I always thought it was a bigger problem for n/a engine with a add-on turbo to VTA with their BOV. (And not factory turbocharged engine)

It is no bigger for me because I have the pipe to recirculate it back to the turbo inlet pipe if I needed too.

As for the video; I will try to make one soon.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Go Stros!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the exact same BOV on my RDX as well set on VTA mode. I noticed my MPG went down and boost didn't stay up during high acceleration. It sounds nice and felt strong coming out the gate but other than that, it’s the same as stock. I have since changed it to recirc and noticed that the boost holds better and sounded completely stock. I don’t mind it sounding stock at times but sometimes I want to scare the children in the neighborhood too. Lol If you guys saw a video posted on Youtube from Speed Nguyen, that’s my car!

I am not fully knowledgeable about turbo engines or anything related to that yet. I’m still learning so take it easy on my fellas. hahaha
Old 01-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Boost Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vsop TL-S
I have the exact same BOV on my RDX as well set on VTA mode. I noticed my MPG went down and boost didn't stay up during high acceleration. It sounds nice and felt strong coming out the gate but other than that, it’s the same as stock. I have since changed it to recirc and noticed that the boost holds better and sounded completely stock. I don’t mind it sounding stock at times but sometimes I want to scare the children in the neighborhood too. Lol If you guys saw a video posted on Youtube from Speed Nguyen, that’s my car!

I am not fully knowledgeable about turbo engines or anything related to that yet. I’m still learning so take it easy on my fellas. hahaha
Haha yea I noticed your vid. Thought your car was the same as JC's. It does sound nice. You should post a vid of it with it in recirc.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Go Stros!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i would post a vid of the recirc but it would be pointless. lol it doesn't make a sound at all. the stock was louder than that. I will try to take a picture of it though so you guys could see what the recirc would look like on the bulky HKS. sorry to thread jack JC
Old 02-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by vsop TL-S
i would post a vid of the recirc but it would be pointless. lol it doesn't make a sound at all. the stock was louder than that. I will try to take a picture of it though so you guys could see what the recirc would look like on the bulky HKS. sorry to thread jack JC
Not a problem bud - the forum is here for everyone to learn more about their cars and hopefully discover something new for everyone to mod.

here is my HKS with a custom recirculation kit -
People that says an after-market BOV doesn't do much more than the stock is incorrect IMO.

I feel the bov is holding more boost and it response a little better than the stock.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:35 PM
2008 NBP

Not a problem bud - the forum is here for everyone to learn more about their cars and hopefully discover something new for everyone to mod.

here is my HKS with a custom recirculation kit -
People that says an after-market BOV doesn't do much more than the stock is incorrect IMO.

I feel the bov is holding more boost and it response a little better than the stock.

Ill agree with you on that one... My Forged valve definately hold boost better than the factory bpv
Old 02-07-2011, 01:37 PM
2008 NBP

what is that on the suction side of the BOV hose, the silver disc??
Old 02-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by xrvman
what is that on the suction side of the BOV hose, the silver disc??
Do you mean for the small hose that is entering from the back of the BOV?

it is plastic where the factory hose connects too. The other end is for a new hose to connect from plastic into the BOV.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:45 PM
2008 NBP

Do you mean for the small hose that is entering from the back of the BOV?

it is plastic where the factory hose connects too. The other end is for a new hose to connect from plastic into the BOV.

Oh I see... thats an odd hose connector... but I see now, it looked metallic in the pics
Old 02-08-2011, 07:36 AM
2008 Acura RDX

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
What exactly do you guys mean when you say that you think that the aftermarket BOV holds boost better than the factory one?

Are you suggesting that the stock one leaks boost?
Are you suggesting that the aftermarket ones keep boost higher through the RPM range?

Has anyone done a before/after test using a proper boost guage to verify results?

Or, is this all "seat of the pants" testing?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by wspy
What exactly do you guys mean when you say that you think that the aftermarket BOV holds boost better than the factory one?

Are you suggesting that the stock one leaks boost?
Are you suggesting that the aftermarket ones keep boost higher through the RPM range?

Has anyone done a before/after test using a proper boost guage to verify results?

Or, is this all "seat of the pants" testing?
I am not suggesting the stock one leaks.
I know that the HKS bov spools a lot quicker than the stock one.
I have done my research before I purchase this BOV.

I had a Greddy BOV in the past on my DSM and it was ok.
Nothing like the HKS pull and no adjustment needed design.

here is the info I had found online from the past -

Many tuners will give you their testimonials on installing an HKS blow off valve (BOV). HKS is a popular brand among car tuners and enthusiasts for quality aftermarket performance parts. They began manufacturing a revolutionary pull type blow off valve in 1994 and has since been favored by owners looking for stellar performance and that much sought after hiss the BOV makes. For some it's about sound, for others it's about efficiency. Whatever the reason, the HKS Super SQV (SSQV) blow off valve serves both desires.

Design

The HKS BOV utilizes the built up vacuum pressure created when the throttle is closed to pull open the valve and release the pressure immediately, whereas a push type reacts slower, as it utilizes a spring that pushes the valve closed until a certain pressure is achieved. A pull type BOV actuates faster and allows faster spool up of the turbo.

No BOV Adjustments

In traditional push type BOV's, typically the spring must be tightened until it matches the pressure needed for the assembly to vent, depending upon the type of engine you have. The pull type BOV doesn't have to be adjusted once installed.

Eliminates Surge

The elimination of surge has been the selling point for the HKS SSQV. In short, the design eliminates the occurrence of surge by efficiently and quickly venting off the pressure with no leakage. When the pressure builds up in the air system, it surges back up into the turbo, causing the blades to slow and travel in the opposite direction, sometimes referred to as backspin. The repeated slowing and backspin strains the turbo, shortens its life and causes damage to the engine.

Sound

Some drivers want that "whoosh" sound which the HKS provides beautifully, with no sputtering or fluttering sound (that's the surge you hear) between gear shifts. While the purpose of the BOV is to prevent surge to the turbo, the audible sound the venting of the excess pressure gives your car that "wow-factor" of a tuned high performance vehicle.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:38 PM
CR

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
My Greddy on my swapped civic was not the best. It would kind of hesitate during it's pshshshhh. That's when I could hear it over my open downpipe and wastegate dumping right by my door!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:26 PM
2008 Acura RDX

I am not suggesting the stock one leaks.
I know that the HKS bov spools a lot quicker than the stock one.
I have done my research before I purchase this BOV.

I had a Greddy BOV in the past on my DSM and it was ok.
Nothing like the HKS pull and no adjustment needed design.

here is the info I had found online from the past -

Many tuners will give you their testimonials on installing an HKS blow off valve (BOV). HKS is a popular brand among car tuners and enthusiasts for quality aftermarket performance parts. They began manufacturing a revolutionary pull type blow off valve in 1994 and has since been favored by owners looking for stellar performance and that much sought after hiss the BOV makes. For some it's about sound, for others it's about efficiency. Whatever the reason, the HKS Super SQV (SSQV) blow off valve serves both desires.

Design

The HKS BOV utilizes the built up vacuum pressure created when the throttle is closed to pull open the valve and release the pressure immediately, whereas a push type reacts slower, as it utilizes a spring that pushes the valve closed until a certain pressure is achieved. A pull type BOV actuates faster and allows faster spool up of the turbo.

No BOV Adjustments

In traditional push type BOV's, typically the spring must be tightened until it matches the pressure needed for the assembly to vent, depending upon the type of engine you have. The pull type BOV doesn't have to be adjusted once installed.

Eliminates Surge

The elimination of surge has been the selling point for the HKS SSQV. In short, the design eliminates the occurrence of surge by efficiently and quickly venting off the pressure with no leakage. When the pressure builds up in the air system, it surges back up into the turbo, causing the blades to slow and travel in the opposite direction, sometimes referred to as backspin. The repeated slowing and backspin strains the turbo, shortens its life and causes damage to the engine.

Sound

Some drivers want that "whoosh" sound which the HKS provides beautifully, with no sputtering or fluttering sound (that's the surge you hear) between gear shifts. While the purpose of the BOV is to prevent surge to the turbo, the audible sound the venting of the excess pressure gives your car that "wow-factor" of a tuned high performance vehicle.
Okay... But we must remember that the HKS, which is no doubt an excellent BOV, is geared more towards a manual transmission car in which you are getting off and on the throttle to change gears, thus the need for the boost to be released as efficiently as possible.
In the automatic car the throttle is more or less open fully throughout all gear changes thusly negating the need to have the boost released between shifts.
And furthermore your statement, that you know that HKS bov spools alot quicker that the stock one, doesnt make much sense to me, in that spool is most always reffered to when talking about getting the turbo to spin -up to make boost from basically a state of idle or close to it. Which would mean that the BOV is in a state of rest or closed already so the spooling would be up to the turbo and supporting mechanics such as turbine housing variable wastegate etc.

Its a nice mod though but I just cant see the performance gain, thats all

Last edited by wspy; 02-08-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Pro

Okay... But we must remember that the HKS, which is no doubt an excellent BOV, is geared more towards a manual transmission car in which you are getting off and on the throttle to change gears, thus the need for the boost to be released as efficiently as possible.
In the automatic car the throttle is more or less open fully throughout all gear changes thusly negating the need to have the boost released between shifts.
And furthermore your statement, that you know that HKS bov spools alot quicker that the stock one, doesnt make much sense to me, in that spool is most always reffered to when talking about getting the turbo to spin -up to make boost from basically a state of idle or close to it. Which would mean that the BOV is in a state of rest or closed already so the spooling would be up to the turbo and supporting mechanics such as turbine housing variable wastegate etc.

Its a nice mod though but I just cant see the performance gain, thats all

As you mention when people are getting off and on the throttle (Gas pedal) doesn't necessary mean it is just for switching gears.
The Throttle indeed does continue to stay open all the time on automatic if you step on the pedal all the way down like you were driving a n/a v6 car or cuv.

But I have been driving my RDX like that (Sport mode) while getting off and on the throttle not letting the gas pedal fully for the turbo to spin. (in 3k rpm to 4.5k rpm)
It boost faster than if I was to just step on the throttle fully. Almost the same as my old DSM manual.

I am not trying to race anyone nor break any traffic laws.
I am not a expert in turbo but I do know if what works and what doesn't.

If you don't believe me - try it yourself in a safe and open environment.
I cannot be responsible for anything.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:15 AM
2008 Acura RDX

Em..what exactly should I try?
Old 02-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Pro

Em..what exactly should I try?
"But I have been driving my RDX like that (Sport mode) while getting off and on the throttle not letting the gas pedal fully for the turbo to spin. (in 3k rpm to 4.5k rpm)
It boost faster than if I was to just step on the throttle fully. Almost the same as my old DSM manual. "
Old 02-09-2011, 05:10 PM
PM me if you need a reply

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by DeEjAy_LiM
Plus, where you get it? Was it modeled for another car and was a flange used to mount it? ...
I'm interested and am hungry for more mods! Please let us know where you got it or post a link, thanks!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
JCRDX11 Where can I get custom recirculation kit or Flange for HKS BOV SSQV SQV.
I order it today but need to find Flange.
Where can I get one...
Old 03-03-2011, 01:20 AM

Yes, please share with us which flange you got. We're hungry for mods too!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Instructor

Finally put my HKS BOV today sound wild. had hard time putting C clip.
I Used 1.25" Recirculation Adapter for HKS SSQ BOV outlet and Blow off Valve adapter, HKS SSQ to Mazdaspeed3.
Good Luck
Old 03-11-2011, 02:50 PM

Sweet. Can't wait to receive the used BOV I bought from JCRDX11 next week.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can someone share what parts exactly are needed to make this work?
Old 03-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Instructor

HKS SSQV BOV.1.25" Recirculation Adapter for HKS SSQ BOV outlet and Blow off Valve adapter, HKS SSQ to Mazdaspeed3.
I put all this on 2007 RDX
Old 03-21-2011, 07:43 PM

I received the unit from JCRDX11 for $165. I specifically requested that all parts be included with the purchase.

It was missing two screws on the recirc side with signs of stripping, the fins to give it the signature HKS sound, and the correct o-ring for the mount. Without the insert fins, it sounds like a toilet and nothing as heard in his video. I had to go out and buy the correct o-ring, then mount it to find out it was missing the fins too.

I sent the unit back and he refuses to make right and provide a refund. He even has the nerve to talk down to me. I replied, giving him one more chance to send the COMPLETE unit, otherwise I'll be filing a PayPal claim. If it were me I would have let the buyer know what was missing if I was not going to send all the parts, or man up and provide a refund. Anybody else think this is wrong?

JCRDX11: selling my whole setup. lmk if you are interested. thanks.
--
InfamousJamous: I'm interested. How come you're selling it and how much are you asking?
--
JCRDX11: $165 shipped with tracking! You saw my posting on how long i got the unit for. (Paypal verified)

Going on a different route - might have this shop custom a bov with a metal flange intercooler pipe for me.

lmk..thanks.
--
InfamousJamous: Sounds good! Let me know your PayPal e-mail and I'll send the payment.
--
JCRDX11: ***@gmail.com

Let me know once that is sent.

Thanks.
--
InfamousJamous: Funds sent.

Please ship to the PayPal confirmed address:

Please make sure all the parts are included, including any gaskets, hardware and hoses. Thanks bro.
--
JCRDX11: tracking usps - ***

thanks bud.
--
InfamousJamous: I received the BOV today. Sad to say, it's pretty beat up, is missing some screws, the O-ring doesn't fit, and it leaks. I was expecting a fair unit unless otherwise noted. This is not acceptable so I'll be sending it back for a refund.
--
JCRDX11: a little confused.
What screw are you missing?
O-ring doesn't fit? - what o-ring? the one that holds the adapter together? also where is it leaking?

By you not even giving me a chance to find out what has happen and you are claiming all this?
--
InfamousJamous: The o-ring that seals the mounting flange is way large. That may be where the leak is. I installed it and the car kept stalling so I had to take it off. I'll go out and pick up one that fits to see how that goes.

It's missing 2 out of the 8 screws on the right side.

Any advise would be appreciated. If it works without stalling then I'll keep it for now.
--
JCRDX11: Do you mean the o black rubber ring inside between the adapter and bov? that is the stock one from HKS. Weird because it didn't leak when I had it.

only reason why I am sold it because I wanted to have another custom hard pipe made when the recirculated plastic pipe part goes. Are you recirculating the car or VTA...recirculatate it..the HKS bov is a pull type bov via the regular bov that is a push type. that is why HKS will feel a lot strong when you are in the in sport mode. If you are talking about just stepping on the gas (auto mode) too much air is going back in - all bov will stall a little with an automatic because it ain't like a manual car where we can let the throttle go on and off as much.

let me know if you have any questions and I do what I can to answer. What screw are you missing? I will check if I have them but I am pretty sure everything when with the unit. Thanks.
--
InfamousJamous: It's also missing the insert fins. The o-ring must have been for the fins since it was too big for the bottom flange.
--
JCRDX11: I will check if I can find the fin. (No biggie)
As for the o-ring? If it is the black ring - It goes on between the adapter and bov. (inside with the c-clip that is holding the bov onto the adapter.

You have nothing to worry about the HKS is stalling a little. (It is because we have a automatic)
It is a dual stage pull type.

All the other bov is a push bov (meaning it is counting on the air from the engine to push the bov)

That will cause it to stall more and become slower.
I am here to help with whatever question you might have.
--
InfamousJamous: Thanks but I'm not comfortable with this tampered BOV on my engine. I refused the package and USPS will be returning it to sender. You can keep the o-ring I bought to mount the unit. Looking forward to receiving my refund.
--
JCRDX11: Are you kidding me? First of all how is it tampered?
Second of all you cannot buy the unit and install it and don't want it afterward. It does not work that way..i am not a store that has a 30 day refund.

You purchase the unit and there is no refund offer.
You can not even explain to me what are you claiming about the bov while I have told you everything and more regarding what you need to know.
--
InfamousJamous: It's missing screws, the mounting o-ring, and the fin inserts. That alone suggests that the unit was tampered with. An incomplete unit should have been clearly mentioned beforehand since I was expecting a complete unit as I had asked for in my previous PM. Anyways, the unit is on it's way back and the least you could do is give me my money back.
--
JCRDX11: first of all - you said there was a mounting o-ring and now you are claiming there isn't. Please have your story straight.

Second of all - not having the fin does not mean it is a tampered.

Do you know what is the meaning of tampered?
tamperedpast participle, past tense of tam·per (Verb)
1. Interfere with (something) to cause damage or make unauthorized alterations

Unit is not damage and i told you in the msg that it is whatever you see on my posting. Did you see a fin on my pictures? no right!

You keep saying it is missing screw and I am asking what screws but you continue to chose not to tell me.
By you advising the following three things does not mean anything.

You are sending the unit at your own cost because there is no where did I mention there would be refund.

Are you serious - you buy the unit base on what you saw on my posting. Install it and have buyer's remorses and want to have a refund.

You are send the unit back - I am not located there so if I would you; I would stop the package.
--
InfamousJamous: That's not cool man. Do you really need the money that bad? If the tables are turned you'd be pissed too, and if I posted this up in your thread anybody else would be pissed too. That's not right.
--
JCRDX11: Are you serious? What if the table were turned?
Why would I be pissed off?

You are acting like something was tampered or I was hiding all the parts from you. You must have forgotten that I have all the pm also. Once again - my messages was very clear - you are buying what was on my posting? nothing more..nothing less.

You brought it and have buyers remorses does not mean that you can ask for a refund.

Secondly - i would take about why you said about the money thing. You purchase a used and old RDX with very high miles in the other hand I have a 2011 Acura RDX tech package brand new and drop a few grand on it within 2 months. (Purchase it the first date for the 2011 model release date)

You really think someone is going to get rich off of $165 dollar? Just the unit is more than that and it is not including the adapter and recirculation kit which was almost $100 by itself.

Get real - You must be still very young to still think and speak that way to others.
--
InfamousJamous: I'll give you one more chance to make this right and send all the parts for the complete HKS unit, otherwise I will file a PayPal claim. Without the fin, it would sound like a toilet and nothing like the signature HKS sound as heard in your video.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Pro

I must say wow; you are really something- you just pm me not even 20 minutes ago advising that you give me a chance to look for the fin and send it back to you to make things right and you post all this up?

I will let the other members read how you first come out saying the o-ring doesn't fit and you purchase one; afterward you claim that the unit was missing the o-ring.

The o-ring is what came with the unit when I purchase it - you make it seem like I am gave you a incorrect o-ring. You have already came out very wrong but claiming it is a beat up bov that was tampered and you are going to send it back without even asking the proper question if indeed you have any questions or comments about the unit.

By you making all these claim and I was asking and answering all your questions. You still chose to not response.
I had advise you are getting what i posted up on my thread.
If I didn't want to make things right; why would I keep responding to you also asking you questions concerning your problem with the BOV?

Second of all - you received the unit on 03/14 and send me a pm on 03/14,15 and 16 and i responded right away. You decide to leave it alone with no feedback until yesterday night and send me another pm. I responded to you right away and you claim to let me make it right by looking for the fin and posting all this up?

Last edited by JCRDX11; 03-21-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Pro

Found the fin and sent it USPS express -
Tracking # in your inbox.

I told you to recirculate the bov...without doing so will cause the car to stall.
Hope things are clear up and we can close this case.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:38 PM

The o-ring included is too large for the mount. I tried cutting it to fit but that did not work. I had to buy one as I previously mentioned.

JCRDX11 sent me the fin. If only I received it all sooner as I sent the unit back a couple days earlier.

I look forward to closing this case and moving on. I may still choose to purchase a new unit as this one is pretty beat up.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Pro

I normally would not do this because all my sales are good but just need to let people know before they decide to sell items to this potential buyer.

One of these posting can ruined any good seller for future sales.
One of the main reason why no one wants to ship anymore because there is no excuse for in person sales.

He decides to msg me back after almost a month of receiving the rest of the item asking -

04-27-2011, 6:08 PM
InfamousJamous

Trader Rating: (0)
Re: hks bov
Have not received unit or answer to my previous message below:

Thanks I wish I got these earlier with the unit before I sent it back. I would have not asked for more. The bolts weren't the missing ones (that hold the recirc cap on). Do you have these and can you resend the unit so we can call it even?

I msg him back -

04-27-2011, 9:48 PM
JCRDX11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousJamous
Have not received unit or answer to my previous message below:

Thanks I wish I got these earlier with the unit before I sent it back. I would have not asked for more. The bolts weren't the missing ones (that hold the recirc cap on). Do you have these and can you resend the unit so we can call it even?

What unit are you taking about?
I had sent you everything I had.

He hasn't msg me back since - if indeed he did send the unit back.
I told him in advance to change the routing back because it was not my address.
(Not a month and half later.)

Sound fishy? You decide!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Pro

So InfamousJamous decide to send me a msg after over month later - still claiming that he had sent the unit back to god knows where. Even though I told him not too.

If indeed he did; wouldn't you be worry and stop the package after someone told you too.
Instead of sending me a msg once a little over one month each time.

If you did send the unit back - please provide the tracking # and shipping method so everyone know that you did.

Either you are a very bad bser or not the brightest cookie in the jar.
Because any normal people would had stop the package.

Stop posting like I rip you off or something when you knew what you was purchasing to begin with.

06-07-2011, 2:56 PM
InfamousJamous

Activity: 1.3%

I sent the BOV back a while ago because I initially wanted a refund. If you can send it back or refund the money then I would appreciate that. At the moment I'm at a loss of $165.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:35 PM

My fault for trusting you. Speak for yourself when you mention "very bad bser or not the brightest cookie in the jar". This is all coming from a guy who wouldn't share with the community the parts needed for this project or write a DIY. If he did I would've bought my own earlier. littleblazer shared the parts needed so props to him.

I get busy with work and sell for a living. Never have I ripped anyone off. I describe my items to make sure the customer gets what he paid for and is satisfied with the purchase. Occasionally, expensive packages get lost but I still man up and send replacements. It's about the principle, not about the money. You can't stop shipments on regular USPS delivery confirmation parcels. You said the return address on the package is not valid. What if it got lost, how would it get returned to you? That's bad bsing or not very bright right there.

This is not a case of buyer's remorse as you defend it to be. I got a unit that was missing pieces and stalled my car so I felt ripped off. You said you had it set to VTA with no problems but it was stalling my engine so something was not right. Even if you send it back I wouldn't be comfortable using it so I'd be selling it as is at a loss, fully described, so I can recover money for a new unit.

Lessons learned:
1. Don't buy from JCRDX11
2. Make sure you get pics first so you know the product condition. The BOV was scratched up. This deal was too good to be true.
3. Make sure you get an accurate product description. The BOV would not work for me as it did for JCRDX11. It stalled in VTA, and it was missing the insert fin so it sounded nothing like in his vid. Also missing 2 small screws and mounting o-ring.
4. Spend money to ship it back yourself with delivery confirmation instead of having USPS "Return to Sender" so it gets tracked. My return package was not tracked so I'm SOL.

You have my money but I don't have the BOV. I can't make you refund my money or reship the BOV. I don't want to see anybody else get ripped off. If anybody else received a bunk BOV that stalls and is missing parts I'm sure they'd understand.

Quick Reply: 2011 rdx hks ssqv bov