RDX blackwood internal kit

Old 05-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RDX blackwood internal kit

I finally got my blackwood trim kit and put it on last night. I was hesitant at first on putting a black trim kit on a black interior but i didnt' want the entire panel of the car in wood cuz its just too much so i gambled with the blackwood.

I'm really happy but there are peices that you really can't see.

I got 2 kits, one for the dash and another for the doors and overhead console and you can really pass on the overhead console and doors since you really can't see.

http://picasaweb.google.com/AcuraRDX...odInteriorKit#
Old 05-02-2009, 11:25 PM
10th Gear

nice, the interior kit looks pretty sharp.

You said you got 2 kits, so the overhead and doors are extra and not in the dash kit? How much did you get them for?
Old 05-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by AltRDX
nice, the interior kit looks pretty sharp.

You said you got 2 kits, so the overhead and doors are extra and not in the dash kit? How much did you get them for?

Here's the kit

http://www.bitrim.com/product_search.htm

the doors come with i think 5 peices. and its kinda useless for a black car. If I could do it again i wouldn't buy it. It comes with 4 triangles for the doors, small space near handles and the overhead console.

You can't see it at all. AT ALL! the overhead console yes you can see it but not noticeable enough for the cost.

I think I paid 160 for the main kit and 80 for the 5 peices. I should've just used the 80 towards the shift knob.

Here's the set

Here's a link to my photos including the 5 peice kit before install.

http://picasaweb.google.com/AcuraRDXTurbo/AcuraRDXBlackwoodInteriorKit

Last edited by scryana; 05-03-2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: adding link
Old 05-03-2009, 01:36 AM
10th Gear

Yeah, can't really see the door ones... but the dash kit looks great. Sounds like the price is pretty good and affordable too.

How was the install, any difficulties? did they have good adhesive backing that stay on the curves? did all the parts fit right?
Old 05-03-2009, 07:02 AM
10th Gear

Are these pieces overlay on top of the dash or direct replacement?

When looking at it, can you still see what is underneath?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Advanced

ovelay.

all the parts fit right and adhesive was ok (3m) but not great. as per instructions though, if you use a hairdryer/heatgun, it sticks better.

pretty good quality and thick. you can't see what's underneath. i was impressed even with the dash. the section of silver where the radio is is raised compared the black next to it but when you install the wood kit, its pretty flush so its clean.

i'm pretty happy overall except again for the second set.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:18 PM
'06 RL Tech

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
I like that! I think it would go with the taupe leather and my carbon grey paint.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Cruisin'

Looks Good! I ordered my kit..
Old 05-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are the large horizontal dash pieces curved or flat? What I am trying to ask is that the horizontal pieces are curved and "tucked" at the bottom. How does it work with this kit?
Old 05-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Ukrainian RDX

scryana, great installation! You're our RDX pioneer in modding

I found Bitrim for about a year ago and wanted to order the Piano Black set along with the door pillars, but now You tell us that You're not satisfied with the second set. What exactly do You mean? What 'bout the buttons? Is it comfortable to press them now?
Old 05-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Ukrainian RDX

I understood. You don't recommend to purchase 'Upgrade kit - overhead console and door panels (4 DR) ', right?

So the Main Kit (37 pcs) costs about 80$ ?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Advanced

Yeah, the main kit costs around that. I ordered mine from autoanything with the free shipping deal and it came to around that. They have specials every week ranging from 10-15 to sometime smore off so i'd go their direction. they order direct from B&I so its worth it.

Be careful with the passenger side glove box upper and lower peices. the peices dont' stick as well because the stock surface (that gray thing) is kinda slippery. I recommend taking off that gray thing, you can pry it off pretty easily, putting the overlay on with a heatgun, then putting it back. if you can sand it down before hand, even better.

good luck guys.

WD682A
37 pcs
Old 05-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Advanced

Oh and re: the buttons.

The buttons still are kinda weird to press on and you have to put more pressure. it has nothing to do with the kit rather when you press say the presets you have to press straight on rather than at an angle when your'e driving and now there's no angle cuz the wood overlay is there so you'll have to add more pressure.

i liked the piano black as well and was consideirng that but seriously, its just like putting clearcoat on the existing panels and while shiny, not noticeable more than that. My mom and dad who i bought the car for rags on the black on black treatment cuz there is no contrast and wishes I'd bought a darker wood but oh well. If you had taupe, the black would be beautiful. On black, well, its up to you. If i could do it again, id probably still go blackwood but yeah, like i said, not waste the money on the second set of wood.

Re: pillars, i passed on it becuase i only really wanted the carbon and i had nothing in my car that was carbon so i kept it stock. I considered chrome on the pillars but after seeing so many gm cars with chrome pillars, its trying to hard. After all, i already put chrome peices on my door moldings (really subtle but now it looks like benz doors) and chrome on the top of inner door between the rubber and the window and its beautiful. i'll post photos soon
Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Ukrainian RDX

Great, very comprehensive answer. Thanks for that but I've also noticed that Your RDX is NOT Tech so WD682A set won't fit to the Technology Package RDX because it has another console. Or they just ship several options in one package?
Old 05-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by scryana
I finally got my blackwood trim kit and put it on last night. I was hesitant at first on putting a black trim kit on a black interior but i didnt' want the entire panel of the car in wood cuz its just too much so i gambled with the blackwood.

I'm really happy but there are peices that you really can't see.

I got 2 kits, one for the dash and another for the doors and overhead console and you can really pass on the overhead console and doors since you really can't see.

http://picasaweb.google.com/AcuraRDX...odInteriorKit#
I like you dude!!! You dont stop buying accessories for your RDX .. Thanks for sharing!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Azzie
Great, very comprehensive answer. Thanks for that but I've also noticed that Your RDX is NOT Tech so WD682A set won't fit to the Technology Package RDX because it has another console. Or they just ship several options in one package?

The kit comes with both the tech and non tech peices. Kind of a waste. i have the tech peices just sitting there in my garage.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by R*D*X*
I like you dude!!! You dont stop buying accessories for your RDX .. Thanks for sharing!!!

hahah its fun but man its starting to pinch. I seem to find something new to spend money on every week and finally when I thought I was done its time for an oil change. UGH. I may have to suck it up an go to the delaer since its the first service but well, its still much cheaper to oil change the RDX than my other car which is german.

I hope it make it till the fall w/o any more "major" mods. I have to experiment with tinting the yellow sidemarkers on the headlights before I put the headlight protection bra on next weekend, then I have to chrome my roof rack rail, then I have to try out the air filter and then the hondata. I really really really dont want to drop the car and change the wheels since my folks drive the car and the last car I bought with them was a lexus and the RDX has a much harsher ride, but man, the rims just keep calling me...!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:00 AM
Ukrainian RDX

Thanks again. I think that Bitrim now owes You a lot for such a report!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by scryana
hahah its fun but man its starting to pinch. I seem to find something new to spend money on every week and finally when I thought I was done its time for an oil change. UGH. I may have to suck it up an go to the delaer since its the first service but well, its still much cheaper to oil change the RDX than my other car which is german.

I hope it make it till the fall w/o any more "major" mods. I have to experiment with tinting the yellow sidemarkers on the headlights before I put the headlight protection bra on next weekend, then I have to chrome my roof rack rail, then I have to try out the air filter and then the hondata. I really really really dont want to drop the car and change the wheels since my folks drive the car and the last car I bought with them was a lexus and the RDX has a much harsher ride, but man, the rims just keep calling me...!
Speaking of bra, dealer offered me 500 bux for transparent bra, which includes hood and side mirror and installation.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Advanced

I have a deal for $150 labor and i cover the parts for the clearbra install. 500bux for hood and side mirror looks decent *IF* they use ventureshield which is my favorite brand. I've used it on several cars and its nice.

You may want to consider asking for a WHOLE hood bra. the way our cars angle down, if they just protect a small peice of the front hood, rock chips may get to and hit the middle of the hood. i've got the bug deflector but i'm pretty sure if the rocks hit the top of the deflector, its hitting the hood.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:44 PM
CSmoney28

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
That trim kit looks epic!!