Wiper Blade Replacement

Old 11-17-2016, 05:41 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wiper Blade Replacement

I replace my wiper blades every November. I have been buying the replacements from Acura Parts Warehouse because they have a complete stock of parts, and they have prompt shipping. Almost as good as Amazon (I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime).

In the past, I always wrestled with getting the new blades to slide into the arms, keeping the metal reinforcing strips in place. This afternoon, I hit on a new trick that made the job a lot simpler. Try this:

1. Take the old blade out of the arm.

2. Go over to the workbench where you can see a lot better.

3. Remove the metal strips from the old blade and start them in the new blade.

4. Put a piece of blue painter's tape (or what have you - don't use duct tape!) around the blade and strips about every 4 to 6 inches.

5. Keep feeding the strips into the blade, taping them as you go.

6. Do yourself a favor and leave the ends of the tape free.

7. Feed the new blade back into the arm, removing the tape as you go.

Presto! You just saved yourself about $60. Have a beer and congratulate yourself.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's a pic of the wiper blade on my bench. Sorry about the focus - my phone doesn't do macro.

This pic shows the wiper blade with both metal ribs installed, and a piece of blue painter's tape holding it together. I did this about every 6" along the blade. See what I mean about leaving the ends of the tape free? When you're leaned over the hood, feeding the blade into the arm, it helps to be able to just use 1 hand to remove the tape.