Wish I would have got the Tech model!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BleuM&M
I can't get my voicemail to sound through the speakers and when I call a number from the iPhone, the HF link won't pick up the call until the other end picks up. I have to keep saying 'TRANSFER' and watch for the timer on the phone (distracting!!) to start and then 'TRANSFER' again!
The iphone won't send visual voicemail through bluetooth. You can howeveer can into your voicemail like a traditional AT&T phone and listen to your voicemail through HFL that way.

I have also found that when dialing a number on the iphone, you can hit the HandsFree Link button on the iphone screen to transfer the call to the HFL. You do not need to say "transfer" at all. You do have to wait for the timer to appear to the iphone screen before hitting the button though. You usually miss the person saying "hello" on the other end.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:36 PM
User-approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks sasair, I'll try the iPhone button. It didn't work like that in my TL for some reason.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AbovePrime.
My TomTom One XL is consistently better than ANY in dash Navi unit I've come across, its customizable which is great too. Map updates Via computer, portability to any car you want to bring it into, no chance of it lowering resale values.
I've owned several portable Navs, including some very expensive ones, and the in-dash units on my 2007 Saturn Outlook XR and 2008 Acura RDX are definitely better.

I still have two portable units, one TomTom and one very expensive Garmin, the Nuvii 660 Personal Travel Assistant. I'm giving them to my kids. In-dash Nav is the best. You don't have to shut off or turn down the radio/stereo to hear the voice commands if you have in-dash Nav because the system does it for you. I always blast my music or listen to CNN so I need my system to turn down the volume for me when a turn is coming up.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Gps

Lot of high end smartphones/PDAs already have built-in GPS operated by touch screen. Get one of those will save $$$, easy to use (installed whatever GPS software you prefer, portable. And if you install Microsoft Voice Command, it operates your PDA by voice including the bluetooth dialing. Problems solved!!! No more frustration with the non-touch screen built in unit and not recognizing your commands

And almost everyone carries a cell phone now, so no need to carry an extra GPS unit either, and no worry about being stolen in the car, etc

That's why I told my friends not to worry too much about the Navi in tech package. But my friend kept saying "But it is cool !!!" Then, I said ok, if you are willing to pay CDN4000 plus taxes for the cool factor. Go for it.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Gps

And I personally think it is "cooler" to have the GPS on phone/PDA and also able to use it in rental cars while I am traveling out of town or even use it while I am the passenger in my friends' cars.

Also, now almost every car model offers built in GPS option, it is no longer a special cool feature any more.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I plan to keep the Nuvi 360 and use it in conjunction with the RDX's GPS, since the 360 has stored POI and can be searched by name. On the RDX, I still have a hard time trying to find the correct restaurant, because it only presents a general category, such as Mexican Restuarant, then you have to search for the listing.

Unlimited Texting (free) to Google/enter location = directory and listing/enter it to Nuvi 360 for ultimate portability. Then again, plenty of phones have internet access, so it favors those who do not have a data plan.

At least, with the Garmin or any other portable, you can preset your locations and use them on the go; I usually search for places while Im at home.

The tech model will be the added value, upon selling the vehicle.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:13 PM
2nd Gear

hey guys, the tech package gives you bluetooth, upgraded sound system, rear camera, and nav with voice. I think it's a great price.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sdao
hey guys, the tech package gives you bluetooth, upgraded sound system, rear camera, and nav with voice. I think it's a great price.
In MY 2008, Bluetooth is standard, not part of the Tech option.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jiangximom
Don't need the Bluetooth because I have a 2008 RDX which has it. I also have a Bluetooth headset.(bought before the RDX) I also have an Iphone, which has Google maps, so I can look up businesses and call them with one touch. Just can't do it and drive at the same time.

I would like traffic updates. Seems like the ones that do that have all the other things I don't really need.
Your iPhone has traffic updates, so there is no need to pay for the XM Traffic...
Old 06-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Cruisin'

Cool RDX Nav

I resently boght an 07 RDX with out the Tech package, does anyone know how much the dealer charge to install the Navation system on it? and is it possble for this to be done?

I have read that the Acura Nav system rocks.!!!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:53 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

I have a Garmin Nuvi 360 in my company car and have been using it for about the last year. I had it very early on.

I've also taken a few road trips in our RDX-Tech with it's Navi since we got it a few weeks back.

both have pros and cons, but the integrated RDX navi is nice with the stereo muting feature and the bluetooth.

If you travel on the road often with the Garmin and forget to pair your phone and you answer with your cars bluetooth as I do in my company 08 Charger SXT often the Navi doesn't mute. This can be a real pain on the phone in traffic.

But the RDX Navi is a bit harder to learn for input etc.

Given a choice however I do find the RDX navi a bit nicer, I would never down play the system it is quite nice. I do like using it more then my Garmin Nuvi by far. Plus the DVD ELS audio and rear view back-up camera are really cool to have as well. I don't have that on my Nuvi.