Speaker Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaker Help

2007 RDX

I've have now lost 3-door speakers since purchase. The last one just outside of warranty. The dealer has been no help. I want to replace my speakers but I can't find what to replace them with.

I know they are made from panasonic and are a 17-CM SDR speaker, but that hasn't helped, nor has searching through the forum.

Someone out there has to have replace these door speakers and I would like to know what they used, that doesn't require any mondifications. The Speaker sites haven't been much help either.

Thanks,
Old 12-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Blown door speakers are a common Acura issue (across the board). There is an AZ member who swapped out to bigger and better door speakers; however he had to cut and remove the speaker grills and modify the door to get them to fit. I could not find his post, but I didn’t look that hard. I did find these three.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=690237&page=4
https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-294/driver-side-speaker-makes-noise-749118/
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=738054&page=2

Check them out, they may be helpful.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by DCIANDREW
2007 RDX

I've have now lost 3-door speakers since purchase. The last one just outside of warranty. The dealer has been no help. I want to replace my speakers but I can't find what to replace them with.

I know they are made from panasonic and are a 17-CM SDR speaker, but that hasn't helped, nor has searching through the forum.

Someone out there has to have replace these door speakers and I would like to know what they used, that doesn't require any mondifications. The Speaker sites haven't been much help either.

Thanks,
Replace withe the only 2ohm aftermarker speaker. Infinity/JBL. both are owned by the Harmin Group. The infinity Reference speakers 6x.xx/set online or ebay will work just fine. They are 2-ways with adjustable tweeters and tweeter x-over. Most TL owners that wanna continue using the ELS amp choose these as you actually gain clarity and a tad more volume due to the fact the have 95db s/n ratio. They change the door speakers and the 3.5" center channel driver. All this comes out to be a great upgrade in sound. Going to any other speaker 4-ohm will drop the volume a decent amount.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ParaSurfer1979
Replace withe the only 2ohm aftermarker speaker. Infinity/JBL. both are owned by the Harmin Group. The infinity Reference speakers 6x.xx/set online or ebay will work just fine. They are 2-ways with adjustable tweeters and tweeter x-over. Most TL owners that wanna continue using the ELS amp choose these as you actually gain clarity and a tad more volume due to the fact the have 95db s/n ratio. They change the door speakers and the 3.5" center channel driver. All this comes out to be a great upgrade in sound. Going to any other speaker 4-ohm will drop the volume a decent amount.
Do these speakers require any fabrication? Reading these threads it seems that most have just done the warranty exchange. If I'm going to pay I don't want to pay for the same defective speakers.

Called Acura Customer cares, and have a case number. They won't admit to anything of course.

Does anyone have a copy of the tech bulletin for the speakers, that the could post?

Thanks,
Old 12-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by DCIANDREW
Do these speakers require any fabrication? Reading these threads it seems that most have just done the warranty exchange. If I'm going to pay I don't want to pay for the same defective speakers.

Called Acura Customer cares, and have a case number. They won't admit to anything of course.

Does anyone have a copy of the tech bulletin for the speakers, that the could post?

Thanks,
No fabrication involved other than most add dynamat to tighten the mid-bass from the mid-bass drivers.PM me if you have any other questions.