Bluetooth Handsfreelink Auto-Reconnect

Old 11-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Handsfreelink Auto-Reconnect

My Motorola RAZR v3m (Verizon) works great with Handsfreelink.
However I have to either
1) manually turn on Discovery mode on the phone ("Find me")
and voice command "Phone Setup", "Pair" to connect.
2) Or I can also use the phone option to manually connect to the saved Handsfreelink profile.

Is there a faster way to "Auto-reconnect" using voice commands without touching the phone?

Thanks
Chinh
Old 11-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Its not working correctly if that is the case. It should autoconnect as soon as you start the car, with no user intervention. Check to make sure you bluetooth is set to ON on the V3m. If I remember right on my RAZR, the bluetooth symbol appears on the home screen in blue, and when it connects it turns white. At least on mine it did. If you still have trouble, you might try asking your local verizon store to upgrade the software on the phone.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:53 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You shouldn't have to do either. I have a Verizon Treo 650 and the car recognizes it as soon as I get in the car - once it's turned on. As a matter of fact, I was out in the garage when I first got the car fooling around with some of the settings and got a call and my phone was in the house!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sasair
Its not working correctly if that is the case. It should autoconnect as soon as you start the car, with no user intervention. Check to make sure you bluetooth is set to ON on the V3m. If I remember right on my RAZR, the bluetooth symbol appears on the home screen in blue, and when it connects it turns white. At least on mine it did. If you still have trouble, you might try asking your local verizon store to upgrade the software on the phone.
I do have Bluetooth Power = On all the time.
However the icon disappears after a few seconds even though I think bluetooth remains on in the background.

Do I need Headset Auto-Answer = On ???

Do I need Power Save = Off ???

Thanks
Chinh
Old 11-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
you definitely do NOT need headset autoanswer on. that will auto answer calls after one ring when you have a headset connected to the phone. Not sure if that even works with bluetooth....

as for the power save, I'd try turning it off to see if that fixes it, but I don't recall if I had that on or off on my razr. I don't use the razr anymore, so I couldn't tell you.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Intermediate

Working since day 1

Just realized that the auto-reconnect has been working since day 1. I just did not know how to tell whether it was done or not so I assumed not and reconnected manually everytime. Now I see the phone icon on the dash display everytime I restart the car. SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

Is there a way to increase the volume of the car microphone.
The main speaker volume works great for listening to the other party but some of my callers asked me to speaker louder.

Thanks
Chinh