MusicLink TTS Software

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 11:50 AM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dension iceLink

By the way, I just checked on the iceLink, and the RDX uses the same unit that works in most other Honda/Acura vehicles (same as the iceLink I use in my S2000 and would also work in our TSX. It's the "Honda B" version, part ILPRHB1CR1. In the past, Neo has sold iceLinks (re branded) so it may be the same exact thing. I picked up my iceLink at Best Buy for $199 back when I put it in my S2000.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevenm
It took the dealer about almost a day to take off the dashboard and install the link. If it takes a dealer that long, I don't think I would attempt the operation, as that means it would take me 3 days before giving up and going to the dealer!
It took me about 30-40 mins, and you don't have to take that much of the dash apart. Just pull a few trim pieces to get to the head unit, unscrew the head unit, mount the music link and plug it in. and route the dock connector to where you want it. and put it back together. they may have had your car all day, but it definitely didn't take them that long to do it. Did they charge you by the hour or something?
Old 11-25-2006, 07:48 AM
Acuras since 1988

I know that a crack team of Acura Engineers are monitoring this website, and working over the Thanksgiving weekend to solve the problem as we speak. I'll just wait a little while and wait until my "free" xm runs out in 10 weeks. By then they should have it solved. Acura service has never let me down.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I just want to add my about that steaming pile of poo called Musiclink.

I want to add to the chorus in this thread (and my previous threads in RL) saying that the software doesn't work with 5G iPods and if you install it, the MusicLink will not work. In my case, it actually took removing the software from iPod and both computers (I sync to iPod from two machines, and then restoring the iPod without the TTS software anywhere on the system.

I am giving Acura one more chance with the updated software, then I'm going aftermarket.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
I want to add to the chorus in this thread (and my previous threads in RL) saying that the software doesn't work with 5G iPods and if you install it, the MusicLink will not work. In my case, it actually took removing the software from iPod and both computers (I sync to iPod from two machines, and then restoring the iPod without the TTS software anywhere on the system.
It works with my 5th gen 60GB video iPod. Thats not to say the TTS software isn't still horrible, but it works like it is supposed to. I just still can't believe tha Acura released a product this crappy. I feel for all you that have MusicLinks that don't work at all or have serious issues, but mine is working as advertised, and it still sucks.

Positives: it is completely hidden(no cables or ipod visible), it charges the ipod, the steering wheel controls work to skip forward and back tracks, clean line level sound input, it pauses/resumes the ipod during a handfreelink session, it pauses/resumes the ipod if I switch to XM or CDs or radio. Absolutely no problems with any of the above, like skipping when play resumes, or skipped tracks when paused.

Negatives: I can browse play lists if I have to, but it is painfully slow using TTS.

I have been using the 5th gen ipod for the last month or so. before that I was using a 4th gen ipod with no problems. I have also used a 1st gen nano in there just to test it out and it worked fine. Oh and I am using the latest versions of all software on the ipod and itunes and TTS. Not sure if this could be significant, but I am also using a mac to control my itunes and TTS. Anybody else using a mac and having problems with musiclink?
Old 11-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Racer

As an update, I called the acura today and they are giving me a different story than the dealer.

1) The musiclink is compatible with 5th Gen iPods.
2) I must use the latest version of iTunes.
3) I don't need TTS to use MusicLink.
4) They don't think the problem is the iPod but it's worth trying a different 5th Gen ipod.

Well Acura said they will look into the problem and give me a call back. In the meantime, I guess I will see if I can borrow my sister's 5th Gen iPod to see if I still get the problem.

Also, if anyone is having the skipping problem you should call acura to let them know. Acura can't fix problem if they are not aware of the problem.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:59 AM
4th Gear

iTunes has encountered a problem... problem with TTS?

I just got my 40GB iPod for use with my 06TL and have been having a major pain, since loading TTS software (ver 1.3). Am using iTunes 7.1.1

I am able to use iTunes on my PC, but it seems every time I try to sync with my iPod or click around (go to iTunes store, while attempting to download music to iPod, etc.) I get the " iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience " error.

I've read some of the entries (from folks using older versions) and I'm getting the sense that this is never going to work! Is removing TTS software a solution? Only solution? Or has someone figured out how to make this work.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have MusicLink TTS installed on my PC and it does not interfere with iTunes at all. I usually do all my purchases and stuff 'before' I connect my video iPod. After everything has downloaded (including podcasts), then I connect my iPod.

This usually causes the TTL software to execute and but I wait for the sync with the iPod to completely sync before I click the OK button on the TTS dialog box. That way, the iPod is updated before the TTS updates.

Remember, the TTS works off of the iPod itself and not from the iTunes folders. So you cannot be syncing and running the TTS update at the same time.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:04 AM
Racer

TTS is more of an inconvient and doesn't add it value or meaningful usablity. Why install something on your computer that you have to support.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:22 PM
4th Gear

I'm getting the "itunes has encountered..." error, even without my ipod connected..when I attempt to move a song from my list to one of my Playlists. Any advice?
Old 04-23-2007, 12:50 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like it might not be a TTS issue at all since TTS does not get called until the iPod is connected. I would suggest uninstalling TTS and make sure your iTunes is updated. Then see if you have the problem. When everything looks fine, then install the latest TTS (download from musiclink.acura.com) and give it another shot.

While I agree that TTS is a pain in the butt from a 'song mavigation' perspective, there are benefits to having it:
- charges iPod while it plays (without extra cables and the power port)
- pauses playback upon an incoming phone call
- eliminates power and iTrip/audiocable connections
- plays music from the USB connection which has better fidelity than the audio jack

Best plan is to use playlists when using MusicLink. Even then, its still a pain but it is way better than not using TTS with MusicLink and only being able to play shuffled songs (podcasts also get shuffled in with music).