HomeLink Programming Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 06:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 236 Likes on 208 Posts
I think myQ just means wi-fi compatible with extra smart home options, but nothing different about the way the opener connects with remotes and homelink. I also assume it has the usual "rolling code" security that every modern opener has. Not sure what you've tried, so disregard below if it's old news. But just in case, I've had success doing the following (key in on position, engine off):

1. Delete all old codes - hold buttons 1 and 3 for ~20 seconds - or if you know one of the buttons is not programmed then just start with step 2.

2. Program to the remote - hold remote next to Homelink and press the remote button and the homelink button at the same time. Slowly move the remote from right next to the homelink to about a foot away and back, while holding both buttons down, until the homelink LED flashing goes from slow to fast. This can take a while and may need to be repeated a few times.

3. Use homelink to try and open the door. It probably won't work - it should flash for a couple seconds and then go solid.

4. Sync to the garage door opener - find and press the program (aka "learn" aka "smart") button on the receiver for maybe a second. Don't hold it down. Get back to the car ASAP and press your homelink button, holding for a couple seconds or so on each press, until the opener starts working (you probably have about a 30 second window from first pressing the "program" button).