Bluetooth phone connection?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008 | 11:38 AM
Instructor

Bluetooth phone connection?

I have not had a chance to try to download the phonebook from my blackberry to either of my cars with bluetooth. When I am in my other car I just hit a speed dial on my blackberry and the car takes over and runs the call thru the bluetooth. When I do this in the RDX the car never takes over to complete the call and I can't talk hands free. Anyone know if this is normal or is there something wrong with my RDX? The bluetooth is set up and operational for the phone numbers I have entered into the cars memory.
Old 12-23-2008 | 01:20 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Originally Posted by gtrrdx
I have not had a chance to try to download the phonebook from my blackberry to either of my cars with bluetooth. When I am in my other car I just hit a speed dial on my blackberry and the car takes over and runs the call thru the bluetooth. When I do this in the RDX the car never takes over to complete the call and I can't talk hands free. Anyone know if this is normal or is there something wrong with my RDX? The bluetooth is set up and operational for the phone numbers I have entered into the cars memory.
MY experience is that the RDX will pick up the call IF the call is in progress when you start the car....
I didn't know that you could "download" the phonebook into the car. I believe that the car has only room for 50 numbers.
what I do to make calls and not be too distracted is look up the number on the phone and press dial, then I immediately hung up the call, and tell the car to re-dial (hands-free)....kind of silly, but works for me....
I think that the bluetooth works only when you initiate the calls with it, otherwise it's the handset, this allows you to have privacy in the car and not bother everybody with your calls.
Old 12-23-2008 | 10:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gtrrdx
When I initiate a call from my phone (a non-smartphone) the car immediately takes over the call. I don't think you can download your phonebook from the phone. The RDX phonebook is voice-based entries anyway.
Old 12-24-2008 | 07:09 AM
StayAtHomeDad

I am curious....so, while you have the bluetooth on, and start a call from the handset, the car ALWAYS takes the call over? there is not chance for you to have a convo in your handset?
Old 12-24-2008 | 10:35 AM
Instructor

Just hit the bt button and say "transfer" and it'll switch it to the car. I think this is a better system then having it take over automatically.